Serenity B2 Cabins

marienbad

We are considering a cruise on the Serenity, and saw that B2 cabins have a "slightly limited views" according to the Crystal website. Can't imagine what is blocking the view on these cabins. Does anyone know?

Gloria and Steve

latsyrc, is correct.

It is the gangway on each side of the ship.

If you look straight out your cabin their won't be a blockage.

It is if you are looking down at the water and I also agree that it is not a big issue so there is value in booking those rooms.

Keith

Last year my mother and I had cabins 8125 and 8127 from LA through the Canal to NYC. These rooms are classified as "B2" starting next year. The first picture shows the view looking forward from 8125. The second pic is taken from Deck 7 looking up toward my mother standing on 8125. The "obstruction" is the fixed gangway equipment in front of the balconies. Really didn't spoil our view. I really liked 8125, as it is one of the "jut out" balconies that gives a sweeping view forward down the entire promenade deck.

Rob

278064656_8125Cabo.jpg.4cc5d382c893dc77ba18dad51a3a1f49.jpg

991914519_8125Canal.jpg.5a441ad81c845c93c77cd449848af42c.jpg

Edited by ryndam

My last cruise on Serenity was in one of the future B2 cabins a little further aft of the cabins Rob showed, and you really had to look down and work at finding an obstruction. I wouldn't hesitate for an instant to book one of these cabins and save a few bucks off the "unobstructed" ones, unless I really wanted to be more midship.

Vince

It seems like a considerable obstruction. Were you bothered by it?

It will be bothersome to some and not to others. It's a personal thing. Some will opt for it to save a few dollars. I posted the photo so one could see the view from the veranda of a B2 cabin. I imagine that this would not be a problem on a higher deck. Interestingly, the gangway is stored differently on the Symphony so this is not a problem on that ship.

Forgive me for not answering your question directly, since this is a personal decision that should not be influenced by whether I found it bothersome or not. Hope the photo helps.

Dan

• 6 months later...