New to Celebrity ? are 'E Docs'?

KruzAholic

Hi - This is not a dumb question at all!

Celebrity used to provide a spriral-bound booklet at no charge which contained personalized information about your specific cruise - basically everything you see when you "View Your Reservation" such as your cabin number, any pre-booked shore excursions, spa appointments, specialty dining reservations, "Cruise 101" information, FAQs - everything from soup to nuts. Luggage tags are included as well.

Now, that computer usage is so wide, the spiral-bound booklet is still available, however, there is a charge of $35.00 for it!! The eDocs are sent to you in an email from Celebrity if you booked directly through them or from your TA approximately 25 - 30 days prior to your sail date. You can then print out whichever pages you want to take with you.

If you booked through a TA, your TA should order the luggage tags for you; if you booked through Celebrity, once you have received your (notification of) eDocs, you can order them online. With all the website issues going on now, however, if you have trouble ordering them online, you might have to call Celebrity, or simply get the luggage tags at the port from the porter who will take your bags.

I hope this helps! I'm sure others will weigh in here, too!

Jill

Not sure what they mean by E docs? Is that all the paperwork from the on-line registration? Sorry to sound dumb

All documents are on your computer . If you want the old fashion paper docs there is a charge on some cruise lines . Some Travel Agents will automatically order paper documents for there clients.

There are two electronic documents that are available once you complete the on-line advance check in for your cruise.

The first is an "Xpress Pass" which is a one page form and is available as soon as you complete the online check in and possibly after final payment too. This form will speed up the final check-in when you arrive at the cruise terminal and is the preferred document to get you past port security and into the terminal (along with your passport or other acceptable ID).

The second document is what most here are referring to as "Edocs" and is what Bocaroo described above. It's formal name is "Guest Ticket Booklet" which must be an old name as it hasn't included any actual cruise tickets for at least the past 10 years. It is nice and informative and fun to look through, especially if it is your first cruise. You generally do not need to print it out with a couple exceptions: If you've booked air travel through Celebrity the flight confirmation form will be in the booklet and if you book transfers through Celebrity there will be certificates for the transfers in the booklet as well although I'm not sure if they are really needed. There is also a page with phone numbers of contact information in case you have travel delays on your way to the cruise. Also, if you've bought Celebrity's Cruise Care travel insurance the information on the policy is in the booklet including phone numbers to call in the event of a problem which may be insured. I no longer print the Edocs out but I do save a PDF copy on my iPad so I have it available if needed. I'd recommend at least printing out the pages I described above that you might possibly need during your travels.

Edited by Lsimon