Zuiderdam Sailaway 12/9/13

Scrapnana

Awesome all the way around! You, sapper, kazu, VictoriAnn, what could be better? Did you consider the Noordam at all? She's a beauty and if Mark Pells is on as the HD, he does a fabulous Meet and Greet...I'm about to arrange one for our February cruise. He provides all the goodies that the others don't...mimosas, wine, bloody Mary's, plus loads of apps.

A similar itinerary but some ports I'm not familiar with...so maybe everyone likes the W'dam itinerary over the N'dam ???

I didn't pay much attention to the ports. We just wanted a warm weather cruise and I find the canal fascinating so we decided to make a fourth visit to the canal. I also like ending up in Vancouver so I can shop before flying home. We live in an area where the shopping leaves much to be desired so it is a real treat to get to Vancouver. It is also easier to do Canadian customs at Canada Place than in an airport.

Our third visit will be this coming April along with Startwin.

I'm back from 4 days away for a family weekend in Conneciticut. We had the most wonderful time watching all the kids, from 4 to 17 interact, swim, and just enjoy. This is the first trip away from our new house and coming home, I can say I love the house.

Now, on to the Panama Canal cruise. We did that a few years ago, but I could be tempted. What are the dates?

April 11, 2015. Sixteen days to SD or 20 to Vancouver. Check out our roll call!!

Yes, the more the merrier for Westerdam! Maybe the OP will change her mind about cancelling when she gets home to the winter. I'm not really looking forward to all the heat either, but I will hunker down on the air-conditioned ship if it gets to be too much for me. I am looking forward to Costa Rica and Guatemala, though. Never been there. And we love San Diego!

I must go and heat up some soup for lunch on this cold day. Port Angeles across the water is white, and I think we are due for more snow, too. Very unusual.

Can you see Mt. Baker from your house? One of my favourite views.

Mt. Baker is just around the corner, but on a very clear day we can see Mt. Ranier! Reminds me of Kilimanjaro. Can you see Mt. Baker?

Riddle: If all the Sailaway Addicts are sailing away together, who will watch the sailaway?

LOL -Sail a way addicts - we keep growing in numbers :) pretty sure people will be watching :)

We've never done the Canal so that would be cool. I've always heard the Canal repositioning cruises are great. I'll give it serious consideration as it would be so much fun to cruise with all of you!

Edited by innlady1

Gives me time to start unpacking.

The one thing making me hesitate about Panama Canal is flying home. If my grandson winds up going to college in California, getting off in San Diego would work. DH is resting up so I'll ask him later.

I'm back from 4 days away for a family weekend in Conneciticut. We had the most wonderful time watching all the kids, from 4 to 17 interact, swim, and just enjoy. This is the first trip away from our new house and coming home, I can say I love the house.

Now, on to the Panama Canal cruise. We did that a few years ago, but I could be tempted. What are the dates?

We've never done the Canal so that would be cool. I've always heard the Canal repositioning cruises are great. I'll give it serious consideration as it would be so much fun to cruise with all of you!

The itinerary for this cruise is very nice and quite different :)

Re the Westerdam - The last time we were on the Westerdam, the captain told us it had the highest repeat passenger ratio of any ship in the fleet (he didn't count the Prinsendam of course laughing - as she is #1) :)

I can honestly say that when he said this I understood why. We were on a 7 day cruise (unusual for us) and the service was very, very good. MDR, wine stewards and bars. I was quite impressed especially with it being a 7 day! :D

[quote name='Vict0riann']Mt. Baker is just around the corner, but on a very clear day we can see Mt. Ranier! Reminds me of Kilimanjaro. Can you see Mt. Baker?

Riddle: If all the Sailaway Addicts are sailing away together, who will watch the sailaway?[/QUOTE]

When we lived in Victoria I used to love the view of Mt Baker from the waterfront drive area near Beacon Hill Park. When we lived in Chilliwack I had a beautiful view of Mt Cheam from my bedroom window.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I can't see it from my house (I have a view of the Golden Ears instead)... and I can't see Russia either!!:D But from everywhere else we have clear view of Mt. Baker, and some days Mt. Ranier. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Vict0riann']Sorry, Sapper, I guess you don't have a view of Mt. Baker! I was thinking of Startwin... I needed my lunch. Had my soup at the table ( didn't want to spill on my computer) and now I'm having my cheese & crackers on my lap.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Can you see Russia?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='monina01']You guys won't believe this but I looked at our schedule and yours, and Zaandam and Westerdam with [I]both[/I] be in Cartagena on April 15th :D

We (Zaandam) leave later than you ( 4pm vs 1 pm).[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Well for heaven's sakes Ina - just cancel the Zaandam and join us on the Westerdam! Sheesh, no contest.:D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mumsysailor']We've made it!

Very interested in talk of the Westerdam in April 2015. We could be free for that as it's after Easter! Will have to investigate as we'd love to sail with you folks again.

Mumsy.[/QUOTE]

Would you be bringing your son again? He was fun.

[quote name='Mumsysailor']We've made it!

Very interested in talk of the Westerdam in April 2015. We could be free for that as it's after Easter! Will have to investigate as we'd love to sail with you folks again.

Mumsy.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh yes!! Easter is early in '15, you should be able to make it! It would be fantastic to cruise with you again. Anyone else? This could become the first inaugural Sailaway Cruise![/SIZE][/FONT]:D