New Menus

pamrose228

So does anyone have the answers to the questions below?

Can I order a caesar salad just for me? It says for the table.

Is there still some type of everyday menu for those of us picky eaters?

Can folks who want it still order multiple dinners?

Can you order more sides?

I sure hope they have some type of everyday menu. it just seems that our options are less. The Port of Call meals I can forget because of my pickiness. It is more about not liking spicy things or the such. My idea of a Mexican meal is Taco's and cheese dip without peppers. So, I liked having the everyday menu to choose from if there was nothing on the regular menu I liked. I know thereis always the buffet, but when the others in my party like the options, it is the MDR for all of us. I sure am not going to eat by myself!

Does anyone know if they will have the same thing on the buffet with these changes or will that be different?

So does anyone have the answers to the questions below?

Can I order a caesar salad just for me? It says for the table.

Is there still some type of everyday menu for those of us picky eaters?

Can folks who want it still order multiple dinners?

Can you order more sides?

I sure hope they have some type of everyday menu. it just seems that our options are less. The Port of Call meals I can forget because of my pickiness. It is more about not liking spicy things or the such. My idea of a Mexican meal is Taco's and cheese dip without peppers. So, I liked having the everyday menu to choose from if there was nothing on the regular menu I liked. I know thereis always the buffet, but when the others in my party like the options, it is the MDR for all of us. I sure am not going to eat by myself!

Does anyone know if they will have the same thing on the buffet with these changes or will that be different?

Yes, it will only be served family style if the table wants it to be.

No everyday menu is available with these menus

You can order multiple items, that hasn't changed

You can order whatever is on the menu plus more. e.g. if the table wants a fruit platter can be served brought to the table.

The grill items are like the everyday menu now, order a protein and the sauce you want with it.

Nothing has been said about buffets yet.

Less choices all around, my favorite desserts gone, no more yummy soups. The elegant night menus don't offer any alternatives. I like filet mignon but I abhor horseradish. Will I be able to get something else? Also, only 1 dessert on elegant night? That is not ok.

And many do not think this new exciting menu was to reduce costs? It's just less choices packaged in a different style. Carnival continues to devalue their product and tell us it's new and exciting. While many of you will find a way to say how great this all looks (because nothing Carnival does is wrong) many of us (we are according to some the complainers, the trashers etc.) see this for what it is. A way for Carnival to further cut back their services and insult our intelligence.

The posted menus are disappointing. I do love food but honestly the lack of desserts and the lack of appetizers leave me wanting more. And the main dish offerings leave me wanting the old menu. I have one more carnival booked for April on the Miracle. I should still have the "old" menus so I will really try to enjoy them.

We are booked on Liberty for April and seriously I'm sad that I won't be having some of my old favorites. We only cruise once a year, so we don't tire of the menus.

I guess this is jumping the thread but were the photo's of the MDR on the Glory without

table cloths legit? It'll be nice to hear back from folks who are currently sailing her....

Yes, they are legit. Tablecloths will on be on American Feast nights.

Overall it looks like better quality with less choices. Probably close to a wash for Carnival's cost. I'm guessing that it ends up delivering better value to the customer.

I personally will not miss the table cloths, and think it is a smart cost reduction. I believe the restaurant industry as a whole is going the same way.

I'm on the miracle in February. My guess is 50/50 new menu's or old.

My only concern is that I am on a very low fat diet (heart issues). I don't eat added oil, mostly vegetarian with some fish, only non fat dairy, no simple carbs. I am hoping they are flexible with things like asking for salad with either non fat dressing, or vinegar on the side, no cheese etc.

I can usually find something that works and I like in most sit down restaurants. Probably same on Carnival.

Personally i love the look of the new menu. I don't see how complaints about less selection is warranted. There are 9 options of appetizers; 6 in the "appetizer", one rare finds, one in ports of call, and one in sides. Of those 8 dishes; 2 are salads, one soup, and a variety of others. There are 10 different entree options; 5 "mains" which change, 4 "from the grill", and 1 "port of call".

All those people previously chirping about having meatloaf and fried chicken being offered, your wish came true. More quality steaks are being offered, not just the "flat iron".

I will agree that the dessert selection has been reduced but it still looks good to me. Disappointed not see the "bitter and blanc" but the "banana white chocolate bread pudding" sounds very similar. Change is hard for some, especially fore those people that cruise multiple times per year and are accustomed to the usual carnival menu.

Also remember this is currently a test run on the glory and necessary changes will be made.

Edited by dgballer39

I will miss having the everyday menu alongside the changing menus...If i wasn't able to find something, I could always go back to the tried and true favorites on the everyday menu.

The menus seem okay...we're on the Fascination in February so it will be interesting to see which menus we get! (New or Old)

I'm a little bummed about the lack of tablecloths, but I'm sure they're saving a ton of time/energy without having to launder them. On our Behind the Fun tour this past summer, we saw the extreme amount of linens that go through the laundry...I bet they're happy to be rid of that extra load!

Edited by Dare2Believe

I personally don't care for the new menus.....

No Bitter n Blanc, Creme Brûlée or Grand Marnier Soufflé.....that sucks!!:mad:

There is way too much fish & seafood...DH & I dislike both.

Too many mushrooms also...yuk!

Bottom line: it is to save money & line their pockets some more.

Another cost saving move by Carnival.

They apparently ARE trying for the new, inexperienced cruisers & hoping the seasoned cruisers will jump to their more "expensive", "better" lines when they reach their threshold of cost cutting measures.

It is what it is....take it' or leave it.

The new menu design is, lipstick on a pig.

We are fresh off the Breeze & in just 4 years since our 1st cruise the changes show. Especially the staff cuts....most ridiculous thing is having all passengers ding on & off the ship in ports in 1 single flippin' line. Convenient for them but a real PIA for passengers...such a waste of port time! It seems like more & more it's not only about cost cuts, but making things easier for the crew & too bad about inconveniencing the paying passengers!

Oh well I like the new menus. I am so glad they have gotten rid of those horrid fruit soups. It was like a flashback to an early 90s dinner party.

I like that they have limited the options but improved the offerings.

Edited by kazbar

I will agree that the dessert selection has been reduced but it still looks good to me. Disappointed not see the "bitter and blanc" but the "banana white chocolate bread pudding" sounds very similar.

Nope, sorry "banana white chocolate bread pudding" does not sound very similar at all. :mad:

No bitter and Blanc :( Phooey on Carnival. No point sailing CCL anymore I guess.

Wow maybe the days of bland tasting food are over????? Was complaining all week about lack of spices kind of like hospital food. Now at least I can smother it in a sauce.

Then again glad I don't cruise for the food on any mainstream line. I can't expect much for what I pay even in a suite.

Hey they still have warm chocolate soup! Waiter tried 3 times one night and was all soupy every try.

Edited by Sh1035

As it is often, with change;....some is good and some not so good. For some it will be better than for others.

I certainly can find something on all these menus that I would like, and for me, am somewhat limited since the only meat I eat is chicken and fish, but that is my "problem".:D.

While there is a vegetarian option, on the menus, I don't see some old favorites, but would be happy to try some new ones. Just seems to be less. Also less varieties of salads. Yes I know, there is one on the side dish menu, but only see greek and mesclun, only two salads.

Carnival had some really great soups, and I see less of those. I will miss Tom Ka Gai for one.

Im still not sure I understand the "for the table" thing, since tables vary in size. If I am in anytime dining at a small table by myself, or a table for two with my Mom, can I still get a Caesar salad of appropriate size?

Dessert menu seems very limited. I will miss lots of the old ones, and what I see on the new menu does not really appeal to me, but that is probably good for me to skip dessert:D

I like the option to order an after dinner specialty drink even though it costs extra. Still a nice option.

I will miss the cheese plate big time!

But I can live with with this menu.:)

Guess I'm in the minority, but I LOVE these menus. More and better cuts of steaks, more seafood options, the grill options which can be done with half a dozen different sauces and that change nightly instead of being the same for the entire cruise, the family style options which are a good starter to much on before the apps come, the entire elegant night menu including a 4th course, the port of call options, and in my opinion, better mains as well.

I'd like to see one or two more app options and stronger dessert selections(I'll miss the cheese plate especially), but other than that, I'm very impressed.

The only drawbacks to this that I see are the cold soups being eliminated, which some people might like(I'm not a fan, but I know some are), and a trimmed dessert menu.

Good job Carnival on this one.

Nope, sorry "banana white chocolate bread pudding" does not sound very similar at all. :mad:

No bitter and Blanc :( Phooey on Carnival. No point sailing CCL anymore I guess.

If you take out the banana its practically the same dessert in my opinion. And if removing a dessert from the menu makes you not sail a cruise line, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. I hope your just trolling us, which you and many others always do.

I understand I'm a minority, but I'm allergic to seafood. I'm disappointed to see so many choices are seafood, especially the appetizers and the country specials. Will there be a plain tossed salad available like there is now? I can't eat caesar salad because of the anchovy paste. One day I noticed out of eight appetizers, five are seafood options. Doesn't leave many choices for non-seafood people. :(

But I am optimistic and hopeful that what I can find to eat will be good. I like change, so I'm open to the new menus.

I understand I'm a minority, but I'm allergic to seafood. I'm disappointed to see so many choices are seafood, especially the appetizers and the country specials. Will there be a plain tossed salad available like there is now? I can't eat caesar salad because of the anchovy paste. One day I noticed out of eight appetizers, five are seafood options. Doesn't leave many choices for non-seafood people. :(

But I am optimistic and hopeful that what I can find to eat will be good. I like change, so I'm open to the new menus.

Tell them about your allergy and they can make you a ceasar salad and other things without the seafood. I ask for a salt free menu and get it. There are many options for you, several beef, pork, chicken items per day. Looks like they got rid of the fried stuff. Good.

And many do not think this new exciting menu was to reduce costs? It's just less choices packaged in a different style. Carnival continues to devalue their product and tell us it's new and exciting. While many of you will find a way to say how great this all looks (because nothing Carnival does is wrong) many of us (we are according to some the complainers, the trashers etc.) see this for what it is. A way for Carnival to further cut back their services and insult our intelligence.

Very few items on the new menu's excite me. I agree with the above poster, less choices etc. I wonder if the removal of the table clothes was a diversion to this sub-par menu???

If you take out the banana its practically the same dessert in my opinion. And if removing a dessert from the menu makes you not sail a cruise line, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. I hope your just trolling us, which you and many others always do.

Call me ridiculous but the food I pay for is important and these menus don't satisfy my palate so I will be looking at other lines as well. If a loss of choice is OK with you then that is great. I pay for a nice sit down dinner and won't be relegated to buffet food for dinner so yes other lines may offer food I find more palatable with actual selection.