Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSC

Just off the Amsterdam

My friends and I just got off the Amsterdam July 11 after cruising to Alaska. I can tell you that too much is made of the dress code on these boards. During the day most people wore jeans, shorts, casual pants and whatever was appropriate for the weather. On formal nights I did not see as many gowns and tuxedos as I had expected. Most wore suits, blazers, dressy dresses and pant suits. Yes there were some gowns and tuxes but not the majority. :)

On that note, what did you wear (weather wise) on and off the ship? How were the temperatures? Was the ship itself warm or cold? Thanks

My friends and I just got off the Amsterdam July 11 after cruising to Alaska. I can tell you that too much is made of the dress code on these boards. During the day most people wore jeans, shorts, casual pants and whatever was appropriate for the weather. On formal nights I did not see as many gowns and tuxedos as I had expected. Most wore suits, blazers, dressy dresses and pant suits. Yes there were some gowns and tuxes but not the majority. :)

This is great to hear.

By the way, how long was your cruise and how many formal nights did you have?

I'm taking a 30-dayer in January aboard the Amsterdam and I'm curious as to how many nights I will have to eat in the Lido? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Also off the Amsterdam within the last month. I also agree that it was more casual than, perhaps, a Caribbean cruise. Dress off board was layers, with the potential for some very warm days. We had several days (out of seven) that were sunny and above 70 - global warming, indeed!