Disney Dream meets Disney Magic in Nassau

Eileen G

Disney Dream- Dec 8 to 12

We just came home from a great cruise on the Disney Dream. We are in our early 60's and went without any kids. Disney had some great FL residence rates and we booked a balcony guarantee. We had a great stateroom on deck 5 which had an oversized balcony. It was a good location close to the front elevators above the Disney Theater. We have sailed on about 40 cruises on several different cruise lines. This was our second Disney cruise.

We arrived at the ship at 12:30 and parked in the port parking. Open check-in had already begun and we were on the ship in about 15 minutes. We took time in the terminal to download the Disney cruise app onto my DH's phone. In order for it to be free you need to download before you leave port. We used it quite a bit to find things on the ship, check activities times and look at dining room menus.

The first thing we did when we got on the ship was to go to the Royal Palace to change our dinner time from late to early. We do not like to eat late and although we knew there would be more children at early we were willing to put up them. It actually turned out fine. There were a lot of children but we hardly noticed them except for the adorable little 6 month old who looked just like our grandson. The children were very well behaved. We were seated at a table for 8 with other adults around our age.

After we changed our dining time, the rooms were ready, so we dropped off our carry on luggage and went to the buffet for lunch. We were really looking forward to the crab claws and shrimp. Unfortunately the crab claws were awful. It seemed like they were frozen too long. They were mushy and grainy almost like refrozen ice cream. The rest of the food on the buffet was OK. We found most of the food on this cruise to be just OK. There were a few things that were very good and a few things that were not so good. Our server in the dining room was fantastic so anytime something wasn't to our liking he would immediately replace it. We were also able to order anything from any of the restaurants without any problem. I really liked the pasta with black truffle sauce that was an appetizer in Animators Palace so I ordered it again in the Royal Palace. One of the ladies at

our table didn't like fancy food and often ordered off the children's menu. The head waiter visited our table every night to make sure we were all happy with the food.

Of course this being Disney the entertainment was top notch. The first night was the Golden Mickeys which we really enjoyed. Second night was a magician from Las Vegas who was had some interesting spin on some old tricks. We don't care for Villains, which we saw on the Magic, so we went to see Frozen. Christian, the CD, told us he likes to play a good family film at the same time as Villains. The last night was Believe which was also excellent. The sets, costumes, singing and dancing was so wonderful.

Our first day was a sea day which we really enjoyed because it gave us a chance to explore the ship. In Nassau we were parked next to the Magic. It was nice to see the two ships together. I got some great pics. I didn't realize the Dream was so much bigger.

IMG_2648.jpg

P1020118.jpg

It was a cloudy day with a few sprinkles. We have been to Nassau many times so we walked down to Potters Cay and the bridge to Paradise island so we could take pictures. After lunch on the ship we walked to the MacDonalds to use the internet to facetime with our sons. Our day at Castaway Cay was beautiful, warm and sunny. Serenity Bay was lovely and the BBQ was very good. We had a nice time snorkeling even though the water was a little cold.

Disembarkation was very easy. We just went to Cabanas for breakfast at 6:30 then walked off the ship. We saw the captain in the atrium taking last minute pictures with guests as they were leaving. We did have to wait in line for immigration and customs for about 15 minutes but that wasn't too bad. We were able to make it to work by 9AM. We had a great cruise but we won't sail Disney again until we get another great price. Since we don't have young children the other cruise lines are fine with us. The food and service is just about the same and we prefer cruises with less children.

I enjoyed reading your report. Happy to hear you had a good time. I loved the pictures of the ships side by side. I have been on both ships and of course knew the Dream was a lot larger than the Magic but I hadn't seen them side by side like that. WOW!! You can really see the difference. AWESOME photos.

Thank you for sharing.

Kathy

We just came home from a great cruise on the Disney Dream. We are in our early 60's and went without any kids. Disney had some great FL residence rates and we booked a balcony guarantee. We had a great stateroom on deck 5 which had an oversized balcony. It was a good location close to the front elevators above the Disney Theater. We have sailed on about 40 cruises on several different cruise lines. This was our second Disney cruise.

We arrived at the ship at 12:30 and parked in the port parking. Open check-in had already begun and we were on the ship in about 15 minutes. We took time in the terminal to download the Disney cruise app onto my DH's phone. In order for it to be free you need to download before you leave port. We used it quite a bit to find things on the ship, check activities times and look at dining room menus.

The first thing we did when we got on the ship was to go to the Royal Palace to change our dinner time from late to early. We do not like to eat late and although we knew there would be more children at early we were willing to put up them. It actually turned out fine. There were a lot of children but we hardly noticed them except for the adorable little 6 month old who looked just like our grandson. The children were very well behaved. We were seated at a table for 8 with other adults around our age.

After we changed our dining time, the rooms were ready, so we dropped off our carry on luggage and went to the buffet for lunch. We were really looking forward to the crab claws and shrimp. Unfortunately the crab claws were awful. It seemed like they were frozen too long. They were mushy and grainy almost like refrozen ice cream. The rest of the food on the buffet was OK. We found most of the food on this cruise to be just OK. There were a few things that were very good and a few things that were not so good. Our server in the dining room was fantastic so anytime something wasn't to our liking he would immediately replace it. We were also able to order anything from any of the restaurants without any problem. I really liked the pasta with black truffle sauce that was an appetizer in Animators Palace so I ordered it again in the Royal Palace. One of the ladies at

our table didn't like fancy food and often ordered off the children's menu. The head waiter visited our table every night to make sure we were all happy with the food.

Of course this being Disney the entertainment was top notch. The first night was the Golden Mickeys which we really enjoyed. Second night was a magician from Las Vegas who was had some interesting spin on some old tricks. We don't care for Villains, which we saw on the Magic, so we went to see Frozen. Christian, the CD, told us he likes to play a good family film at the same time as Villains. The last night was Believe which was also excellent. The sets, costumes, singing and dancing was so wonderful.

Our first day was a sea day which we really enjoyed because it gave us a chance to explore the ship. In Nassau we were parked next to the Magic. It was nice to see the two ships together. I got some great pics. I didn't realize the Dream was so much bigger.

IMG_2648.jpg

P1020118.jpg

It was a cloudy day with a few sprinkles. We have been to Nassau many times so we walked down to Potters Cay and the bridge to Paradise island so we could take pictures. After lunch on the ship we walked to the MacDonalds to use the internet to facetime with our sons. Our day at Castaway Cay was beautiful, warm and sunny. Serenity Bay was lovely and the BBQ was very good. We had a nice time snorkeling even though the water was a little cold.

Disembarkation was very easy. We just went to Cabanas for breakfast at 6:30 then walked off the ship. We saw the captain in the atrium taking last minute pictures with guests as they were leaving. We did have to wait in line for immigration and customs for about 15 minutes but that wasn't too bad. We were able to make it to work by 9AM. We had a great cruise but we won't sail Disney again until we get another great price. Since we don't have young children the other cruise lines are fine with us. The food and service is just about the same and we prefer cruises with less children.

Thats great to know about Mcdonalds and their free wifi!

We used the Free Wifi at the Welcome Centre in January but I read that they were renovating and no longer have it.

My M-I-L wont sleep at night if we don't check in atleast 3 times a week when we are away.:D

Thats great to know about Mcdonalds and their free wifi!

We used the Free Wifi at the Welcome Centre in January but I read that they were renovating and no longer have it.

My M-I-L wont sleep at night if we don't check in atleast 3 times a week when we are away.:D

The WiFi worked real well at McDonalds. We tried the public library first but they charged for it. We just bought a Coke and sat down to use it. You do need to go inside to get a strong signal.

Love the side by side pictures. Nice to hear you had a good time since there are always so many questions about adults (without kids) enjoying Disney. My food experience was like yours with somethings they do really well and some really awful (although it seems to be like this on most cruise lines).

We sailed on the Magic while the Fantasy was on her maiden voyage. We met up 2 or 3 times over the week. The size difference is substantial! Much prefer the smaller girls to the newer ones though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Talex831

• 6 months later...

I was Just wondering if you had this Picture of the Dream And Magic In Higher Quality I Love It. I'd love to use it as my Back Ground on my Computer?

IMG_2648.jpg

P1020118.jpg

I was Just wondering if you had this Picture of the Dream And Magic In Higher Quality I Love It. I'd love to use it as my Back Ground on my Computer?

The only way to get a better quality picture would be to email it to you. It was taken on a cloudy day from the Paradise Island bridge. If you can PM me your email address I will send it to you.