Cruise Critic Community
Smokett

Shuttle question

What is the best way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal in Miami? Is it cheaper to take a taxi? Does anyone know how much the shuttle is that carnival offers? Also I am booking a return flight. We are due to be in port in Miami at 8:00am, the latest flight I can get is 3:20pm. This should be enough time to get to the airport, right? Any help and advice is appreciated. We usually just drive to Galveston and get on the ship so I am not familiar with flying for a cruise. :)

Taxi is $25 for up to 4 people. I think this is the cheapest way. You could make a noon flight. 3 pm is going to give you lots of time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you! I just didn't want to cut it too close. Another option is that the people I am traveling with are staying in a hotel he night we get off the ship so I thought about going back to the hotel with them ant taking the hotel shuttle to the airport. Not for sure if that will work or not.

Thank you! I just didn't want to cut it too close. Another option is that the people I am traveling with are staying in a hotel he night we get off the ship so I thought about going back to the hotel with them ant taking the hotel shuttle to the airport. Not for sure if that will work or not.

Actually, that would probably work well. As long as their hotel does have an airport shuttle.

We have used Carnival's shuttle, taxi and hotel shuttle and limo. Limo service is by far the best way to go, no waiting around. Our least favorite is Carnival's shuttle, because of the hurry up and wait.

Do you remember how much the carnival shuttle is? Also, does anyone know how far the Miami airport is from the ft launder dale airport?

Do you remember how much the carnival shuttle is? Also, does anyone know how far the Miami airport is from the ft launder dale airport?

You are better posting these questions on the FLA departure board.

The Carnival shuttle from Port of Miami to MIA is about $20 per person -- a taxi is faster and cheaper. If you are thinking about flying into FLL for a Miami cruise (along with many others) there are many shuttle operators running between FLL and POM with fares starting at about $15 per person each way (about 1/2 of the cruise line transfer bus fare) -- check with SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle.

From the MIA airport to the FLL airport is about a 40-45 minute drive -- in a cab the fare will be about $80-85+ :eek: If you have lots of time you can take the Tri-Rail train for under $5 each.

You are better posting these questions on the FLA departure board.

The Carnival shuttle from Port of Miami to MIA is about $20 per person -- a taxi is faster and cheaper. If you are thinking about flying into FLL for a Miami cruise (along with many others) there are many shuttle operators running between FLL and POM with fares starting at about $15 per person each way (about 1/2 of the cruise line transfer bus fare) -- check with SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle.

From the MIA airport to the FLL airport is about a 40-45 minute drive -- in a cab the fare will be about $80-85+ :eek: If you have lots of time you can take the Tri-Rail train for under $5 each.

Thank you!:)

Smokett, Carnival's transport would be my last resort! We had a nightmare story waiting, and waiting, and waiting on them to take us to port. I'm talking a 4 hour wait at the airport to get to port. Limo or taxi are beyond better, and cheaper. It's less than an hour to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. We've used, for years SAS transports. They are taking us from Ft. Lauderldale hotel to port for $15.00 and from port to FLL for $15.00. We've never had an issue.

we are 4 people and plan to take the cab from FLL to Miami port. Do we just catch a cab in the airport pickups?

Is it a flat rate or is it on meter?

I just dont want to get tricked paying higher than 25$

we are 4 people and plan to take the cab from FLL to Miami port. Do we just catch a cab in the airport pickups?

Is it a flat rate or is it on meter?

I just dont want to get tricked paying higher than 25$

I would suggest SAS

http://ridesas.com/html/reservations.html

we are 4 people and the Saas will cost be 60$. i was looking for cheaper option.

Good Luck

Another option is that the people I am traveling with are staying in a hotel he night we get off the ship so I thought about going back to the hotel with them ant taking the hotel shuttle to the airport. Not for sure if that will work or not.

Excuse me but why would you do this? That is like stealing a ride. You are not staying overnight at the hotel; why would you expect they would happily give you a ride to the airport? Seriously asking. I honestly would not have the nerve to do this. It's not fair to those who are paying for a night's stay at the hotel, IMO.

Excuse me but why would you do this? That is like stealing a ride. You are not staying overnight at the hotel; why would you expect they would happily give you a ride to the airport? Seriously asking. I honestly would not have the nerve to do this. It's not fair to those who are paying for a night's stay at the hotel, IMO.

From what I understand the shuttle from the hotel has a fee. As long as I am paying the fee what difference would it make?

From what I understand the shuttle from the hotel has a fee. As long as I am paying the fee what difference would it make?

Well, you didn't mention that initially but I would also contend that you would be taking up space that an actual hotel guest would be more entitled to than yourself. Just saying. :)

Well, you didn't mention that initially but I would also contend that you would be taking up space that an actual hotel guest would be more entitled to than yourself. Just saying. :)

Gimme a break! I also didn't mention that I would be a guest at the hotel BEFORE the cruise and would be spending the day at the hotel with my family after the cruise. If this is the route we choose ( we haven't booked anything yet) the hotel will know me and I will have their permission before I would ride their shuttle.

We are flying ito FLL ad staying over night in FLL. We are taking SAS, which we have done many times to the port of Miami. It is $15 per person. Same coming home, from port of Miami to FLL airport is also $15.

We are flying ito FLL ad staying over night in FLL. We are taking SAS, which we have done many times to the port of Miami. It is $15 per person. Same coming home, from port of Miami to FLL airport is also $15.

Thanks! I am meeting my kids in Miami and SAS doesn't go to our hotel (we are flying in a day early) but I think I have decided to take the SAS from the cruise terminal to the fll airport.