Friday Sail-Away?

Vict0riann

I don't know what time she is sailing, and I have to leave sometime to pick out some new tiles for the downstairs bathroom, so must plan carefully. Also I am going mad for a haircut! Timing is everything, and we leave on January 31 for Hong Kong. So excited. Now Christmas is over, I can start packing. Volendam, here I come! (In a month, that is!)

:D I make a terrible mess, making little piles of stuff all over the place - things I can't be without. If I had any sense I would make lists instead! But it's part of the fun for me. DH doesn't do a thing until the day before we leave, and then he just methodically packs - no excitement at all! But he used to travel a lot for work, and left me behind, so I feel the anticipation more than he does. Plus, I do all the planning for shore excursions, etc.

:D I make a terrible mess, making little piles of stuff all over the place - things I can't be without. If I had any sense I would make lists instead! But it's part of the fun for me. DH doesn't do a thing until the day before we leave, and then he just methodically packs - no excitement at all! But he used to travel a lot for work, and left me behind, so I feel the anticipation more than he does. Plus, I do all the planning for shore excursions, etc.

I have lists AND piles of stuff!:eek:

Thanks for the heads up - I am going to try to catch a bit of it. We are heading out tonight to friends so I will miss part of it (unless she is on time). I will instruct Master Marley to send good vibes :)

I have lists AND piles of stuff!:eek:

How long will you be on board the QE, Scrapnana? I see you have been following Sarah's blog, she has some wonderful photos of the ship (and food, of course), doesn't she? Cunard is much more dressy - we've been on QM2 and QE2, and others long ago, I actually prefer the slightly more casual HAL ships. (Although I like having a Harrod's on board!)

How long will you be on board the QE, Scrapnana? I see you have been following Sarah's blog, she has some wonderful photos of the ship (and food, of course), doesn't she? Cunard is much more dressy - we've been on QM2 and QE2, and others long ago, I actually prefer the slightly more casual HAL ships. (Although I like having a Harrod's on board!)

Sarah's reports are great. Her food pictures are so good and I love her assessments of the food. She takes pictures of everything - which I tend to do as well.

I will be onboard for 118 days and then a friend and her husband are meeting me in London for two weeks.

Sarah's reports are great. Her food pictures are so good and I love her assessments of the food. She takes pictures of everything - which I tend to do as well.

I will be onboard for 118 days and then a friend and her husband are meeting me in London for two weeks.

WOW! incredible - 118 days :) You must be getting some excited!

WOW! incredible - 118 days :) You must be getting some excited!

I am kind of in a daze. I have been wanting to go around the world for years and now it is two weeks away! I seem to have a zillion things to do next week.

Edited by Scrapnana

I am kind of in a daze. I have been wanting to go around the world for years and now it is two weeks away! I seem to have a zillion things to do next week.

I can just imagine! I tear to get things done for a 30 day cruise - can't fathom preparing for this. It will all be worth it though I am sure. wow, 1/3 of the year on a cruise ship!

118 days - that's so amazing! And on the QE! You'll tell us all about it when we meet up on the Westerdam, I hope.

I will likely be able to bore you for hours about it!:eek: I am writing a blog (for those who need something non-medicinal to put you to sleep quickly) and also will do a "Live" report with others on my roll call.

Edited by Scrapnana