Cruise Critic Community
aliaschief

MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

I should be here. I only have one errand I want to do today. One of the local Ham stores sells their left over ham bones very cheaply. I want to pick up a couple to make some soup Monday. The local high is projected to be 15 degrees and a pot of Ham bone veggie soup will be perfect.

That sounds awesome...I love pea soup and make it whenever we have a ham!

We're going to friends for dinner so I won't be here to see the Queen of Horns set sail. However, maybe I'll stay up to see the Amsterdam.

Going out to lunch and taking the grandkids for haircuts but hope to be home by 4. Will definitely be here for Amsterdam's departure.

I plan to be here for the Westerdam. I'll definitely try for the Amsterdam, no guarantees but I hope it won't be too late.

Roy

I should be here unless something unexpected comes up. I'd also love to see the Amsterdam leave for her World Cruise.

Chief, your 11:00 should be my 8:00PM being on the West Coast. (doable)

Would not want to miss the biggest departure of the year with the Amsterdam leaving on her World Voyage.

Ted

If Westerdam leaves on time I should be here, but it looks like she is trapped between two of the big guys! Then I have to go and get my eyes checked. I may possibly still be up when Amsterdam leaves, but she'll probably be silent, don't you think, at 11 p.m.! Don't want to wake up the condos.:)

It's really cold here, a big frost, after our clear day yesterday. But DD in Newfoundland says they are having rolling power outages, and she is all bundled up, and just heating one room. I imagine all you Easterners are suffering. I just hope things are better when she leaves to come here (Friday), via Toronto to check out the new job.

Thanks Chief for the reminder, hope to be here for the Westerdam. Will be here for the Amsterdam departure on her World Cruise.:D

Chelly is leaving today on the Westerdam, but I don't remember if she said she had requested a wave, or where she would be - anyone know?

Chelly is leaving today on the Westerdam, but I don't remember if she said she had requested a wave, or where she would be - anyone know?

I am quite sure she posted on the other sail a way thread. I will take a look and see if I can find it.

Hope to be here for the Westie - would love to see the Amsterdam go but midnight is really pushing it for me and my early morning dogs - especially Master Marley:D

Hope to be here for the Westie - would love to see the Amsterdam go but midnight is really pushing it for me and my early morning dogs - especially Master Marley:D

Doggies do NOT understand "Sleep in". What is worse is after you get up, let them out to do their business, eat something, they go back to sleep.

Checking in a little early. Some great camera work today, they are panning all the way around. Close-up too, way better than the long-distance shots earlier this week.

Lunch - turkey breast sandwich, yogurt - and of course my cuppa tea.:)

I'm back. Chelly said she would be by the aft pool. Last week she said she would be waving a red scarf.

It also looks like they'll have a much smoother sail-away than yesterday's ships did . . . I wonder how many folks didn't make it to dinner last night?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Checking in for sailaway...how is everyone?

Just fine and dandy, thanks for asking.:)

Those seas looked so rough yesterday, the Maasdam was bobbing around like a cork. Looks way better today.

Looks pretty dreary, anybody know the temperature? At least no snow like a lot of other places at the moment. There was a pic of snow on QM2 in NYC.....pretty but very cold looking....

Cold! Other than the dreary weather, not bad. Next week low's Monday and Tuesday in NW Florida 15F. I guess better than -40 below but hey, this is Florida.:)

Getting really excited. I only ate half my lunch (unusual for me)!

Hi folks, checking in for the Westie.

Although We'd love to stay for the Amsterdam, 4am our time means we'll be sound asleep.

I say "we" because DH is now hooked on sailaway a too! :)