Cruise Critic Community
aliaschief

MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

Hi folks, checking in for the Westie.

Although We'd love to stay for the Amsterdam, 4am our time means we'll be sound asleep.

I say "we" because DH is now hooked on sailaway a too! :)

Way to go, Martin! My DH used to be too, we would fight over who got the "big" computer. But hockey wins out with him every time. How's the packing going?

Looks pretty dreary, anybody know the temperature? At least no snow like a lot of other places at the moment. There was a pic of snow on QM2 in NYC.....pretty but very cold looking....

Weather forecast for Fort Lauderdale is always right below web cam picture right side.

Way to go, Martin! My DH used to be too, we would fight over who got the "big" computer. But hockey wins out with him every time. How's the packing going?

Still got some ironing to do and the last minute posh frock for the formal ball:rolleyes: otherwise we're ready and raring to go.

Hi Kathi, you're leaving on the 7th for UK right? I bet you are excited! Everything packed?

I do leave on the 7th. Most everything is packed - just have a few (about 5) tiny things that need to be tucked in somewhere. One suitcase is full, zipped and locked.

I sure give a lot of credit to those who travel for a week or more with just a carryon. Mine has changes for 3 days (trying not to open big cases in Southampton) and already is almost full and weighs 14 pounds. Luckily, British Airways allows 50 pound carryons!

Hi folks, checking in for the Westie.

Although We'd love to stay for the Amsterdam, 4am our time means we'll be sound asleep.

I say "we" because DH is now hooked on sailaway a too! :)

Are you driving to Southampton?

Getting really excited. I only ate half my lunch (unusual for me)!

Hi Kathi, you're leaving on the 7th for UK right? I bet you are excited! Everything packed?

And how are you sleeping!:D

Champs in port and is scheduled to sail at 4:00 PM EST. MS Amsterdam on a rare visit to PE but is not scheduled to sail until 11:00 PM. A true diehard test for that sail-away.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

It will be 5 pm here when the Amsterdam sails.

I do leave on the 7th. Most everything is packed - just have a few (about 5) tiny things that need to be tucked in somewhere. One suitcase is full, zipped and locked.

I sure give a lot of credit to those who travel for a week or more with just a carryon. Mine has changes for 3 days (trying not to open big cases in Southampton) and already is almost full and weighs 14 pounds. Luckily, British Airways allows 50 pound carryons!

50 pounds for carry-on? Wow that is good, but can't imagine trying to lift that into the overhead compartment!:eek: But with 14 pounds already, you have plenty to go. That is a great idea trying to only use the carry-on and not have to open the others.

Weather forecast for Fort Lauderdale is always right below web cam picture right side.

Hey chief, oh I see the weather forecast now...it is off the screen to the right! Thanks for that!

50 pounds for carry-on? Wow that is good, but can't imagine trying to lift that into the overhead compartment!:eek: But with 14 pounds already, you have plenty to go. That is a great idea trying to only use the carry-on and not have to open the others.

Air New Zealand allows 7kg for a carry on bag.

Have you taken into account the size (dimensions) for the carry-on?

Air New Zealand allows 7kg for a carry on bag.

Yeah, Qantas and a few others are 7kg (about 14-15 pounds) too, but Jetstar, I think, is 10 kg (22 pounds).

And how are you sleeping!:D

I am waking up earlier than normal and not getting my eight hours. I thought I would fall asleep sitting up while the grandkids were getting their haircuts!:eek:

Planning on being here to see/hear the Westerdam. I think I will also try and stay awake to see a dark sailaway of the Amsterdam - we have friends on board (who will probably be fast asleep).

I just checked the port schedule -- now Westerdam is scheduled to leave at 4:35.

already been posted.

Scrapnana,

The Queen Elizabeth will probably feature on the TV national news when visiting Auckland.

Do you have an excursion planned that day?