Cruise Critic Community
aliaschief

MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

It all sounds exciting! you must be getting really excited :D

I am but I am also in kind of a state of denial. "Could this really be happening?' I have thought about it and planned for so long it just does not seem real!

I'm here....just being quiet.... wishing I was onboard one of those beauties!:)

Right now there's only one beauty I'm wishing I could be on (but I will be when it returns to Ft. Lauderdale). Tomorrow there will be another beauty I wish I could be on (2 really, 1 in FTL and the other in Miami).

Roy

We decorate 3 Christmas trees and nearly every room in the house has decorations.

DH won't let me decorate his bathroom.

Thanks.

Have to start taking down decorations today, have some in each room.

I'm back - took a break to run a card and gift down to my son in law - it's his birthday today, and they live at the end of my street. Looks like I didn't miss much.:)

I'm here....just being quiet.... wishing I was onboard one of those beauties!:)

Did you get a lot of snow?

Probably an Auburn- lots of hype with championship game Monday between Auburn and Florida State.

Wrong color for Auburn. Mostly Likely Alabama if not Arkansas.

Yes. Going to Kiwi 360 to taste kiwi fruit (which I love), to a Maori cultural centre, a natural geyser, and to "Kiwi House" and a walk through "Government Gardens" as well as scenic driving and maybe a couple of other places.

Sounds like a long day.

Sorry, but not Auburn's logo is an A and a U superimposed and is orange and blue. Alabama is red and white like the banner. Also U of Arizona is red and black and white... Also like the banner...

Thanks...was walking around house and just speculated. Never saw the towel.

I'm back - took a break to run a card and gift down to my son in law - it's his birthday today, and they live at the end of my street. Looks like I didn't miss much.:)

You didn't. No one seems to want to go first again today.

Sounds like a long day.

Luckily, we do not have many back to back port days, so I should be rested up for this. The next day in Auckland might be tiring and then we go to the Bay of Islands.

Right now there's only one beauty I'm wishing I could be on (but I will be when it returns to Ft. Lauderdale). Tomorrow there will be another beauty I wish I could be on (2 really, 1 in FTL and the other in Miami).

Roy

Though I prefer Noordam, right now any ship heading to the Caribbean would suit me just fine..... way too cold here and I'm getting cabin fever!

Thanks.

Have to start taking down decorations today, have some in each room.

We usually don't take everything down this early, but with several doctor appointments and my having a spinal epidural on Thursday, wee thought we best get started.

Luckily, we do not have many back to back port days, so I should be rested up for this. The next day in Auckland might be tiring and then we go to the Bay of Islands.

since you are packing light do you have room in a suitcase for me?:p

I've never been on a Princess ship - it looks like they have a wraparound promenade deck, too. Anyone know for sure?

Hope you enjoy your visit to the North Island.

Did you get a lot of snow?

We got about 8 inches...not too bad, it's just the bitter cold that gets to me...8 degrees this am and the worst is yet to come...Tuesday....not expected to get above 14 :eek:

Thanks...was walking around house and just speculated. Never saw the towel.

Focusing on the banner for you chief:D

I've never been on a Princess ship - it looks like they have a wraparound promenade deck, too. Anyone know for sure?

I've only been on 3 of them - but they did have decks when I was on. Caveat - the last one did me in so I haven't been on for a number of years. Once bitten twice shy;)

Hi,

Princess does have a wrap-around deck but at the bow you have to go up a few stairs then it flattens out then you go down a few stairs. Since DH uses a scooter this means he can't go all the way around like he can on Holland. I'm being quiet but am here and watching the sailaway as I do emails and putter! You're right - it is a bit slow today. I should be here for the Amsterdam - we're on it (if all goes well) for two weeks in late June. Can't wait!!

Karen