Silver Cloud In February

highlandshores

We are trying to get on the Cloud on February 28th. The only suites left are located front of ship. We are worried about the noise of anchor. We are always in the middle or aft area. Does anyone have any info on how noisy the anchor is? Also have not been on the Cloud as of yet....any plus or minus you want to add? Thanks

Like you I have always gone for mid ships but did have a foward suite on Wind last year. I forget the number but would think is was about 6 from the front on deck 6.

Yes you will be woken by anchor and/or bow thrusters upon arrival and also hear them on departure but my view is that if no alternative available and you want that cruise then go for it. It is a bit inconvienient but no big deal unless you wish to rise late each day.

What deck are you on? We were in a forward vista suite on deck 4 and the noise from the foredeck really bothered us. The machinery IS noisy and unless you are a very heavy sleeper, it will wake you up.

The bow thrusters were much noisier than the anchor machinery, and it ran for 30-40 minutes each time we docked / departed. Some of our arrivals were very early in the morning and we were woken around 5.

We ended up paying to change suite (to a midship verandah) as it really was spoiling our trip.