Success of precruise request for table for 2

tootsiescurly

We have never had any issues with requesting a table for 2. Just make sure you check with the Maître'd when you board to verify your request.

We have always checked with the Maitre'd in the past however, I was hoping to avoid it this time. It is not fun spending the first hour on board waiting for the maitre'd! I did request a table for 2 via email. Have not received a response. Hopefully, my request will be granted but now unfortunately, I will have to wait for an hour in line so as to be one of the first people, to make sure I have a table for 2. Other lines you can request a table for 2 when booking. Wish Carnival would do the same!

I emailed to for the Liberty to get a table for 2. We had no problem. Had a great table for two.

Claudia

Hi, Claudia. I emailed the matre'd on Liberty to request a 2-top for us, too. Did you get a response back? We did not.

Last year on Freedom, I sent an email and did not get a response back, but they did have a 2-top assigned to us.

After 30+ cruises, DH and I decided awhile ago we were really tired of making small talk with strangers with whom we had nothing in common and just wanted to enjoy our own company. It is not being snobby, just doing what we want to do on our vacation. We usually only book early dinner now and DH goes to see the MaitreD upon boarding and we always get a table for two. I think I will try emailing for our next cruise to see if that works, but will also have DH go to the MaitreD just to be sure.

We have always checked with the Maitre'd in the past however, I was hoping to avoid it this time. It is not fun spending the first hour on board waiting for the maitre'd! I did request a table for 2 via email. Have not received a response. Hopefully, my request will be granted but now unfortunately, I will have to wait for an hour in line so as to be one of the first people, to make sure I have a table for 2. Other lines you can request a table for 2 when booking. Wish Carnival would do the same!

Your table number will be on your S&S card. You can always walk into the MDR and find your table. If it's a 2 top, no worries.

Edited by Rena921

Your table number will be on your S&S card. You can always walk not the MDR and find your table. If it's a 2 top, no worries.

That didn't work for us last year as the Maitre'D was not in the dining room that we were assigned to.

However, one of the ass't hostesses looked at our card and said it was a 2-top.

Hi, Claudia. I emailed the matre'd on Liberty to request a 2-top for us, too. Did you get a response back? We did not.

Last year on Freedom, I sent an email and did not get a response back, but they did have a 2-top assigned to us.

We talked to Maître'd, Pablo on the Freedom last year and he told us they are not allowed to respond to the emails.

We've requested a table for 2 twice, and a table for 4 once by email - and had our request granted each time.

I do always double check on boarding day though, just to make sure!

I totally understand not wanting to eat with other people! We never do if we can help it.

Jenn

I tried emailing Carnival asking for a table for 4 & they replied back they cannot notate my reservation with my request and I should ask the MD when we get onboard. Kind of annoyed because in my past 3 cruises they put my table request right on my reservation. Maybe I should email again.

I would email again and if you get a reply take a copy with you. And go to the dining room on embarkation day to check your table assignment.I emailed them on our last cruise, the Pride, received a reply that they would honor our request so I did not go to the dining room when we boarded to double check but when we went to dinner it was a table for 8! We had it switched with no issues. Are you platinum?

I always request a table for 2, as another poster said, I don't want to have to make small talk with strangers while eating.

We are on the Pride in April. I emailed the maitred last nite to request a table for 2. Had a reply within 10 minutes saying my request was approved. I will follow your suggestion to check the table when we get on the ship. Thanks for the tip!:p

Don't mind, just don't want to have to make small talk with people we have nothing in common with. Sorry to sound like a snob. This is not my intention. This cruise is for us to unwind after major stress for the last 10 months. We just want to spend time together.

Carnival Liberty - Table for 2-hard to avoid interaction with those seated next to us.

DSC02205-vi.jpg

Sent another email to the maitre'd. Hopefully we will hear from him. I am very concerned because the cruise is sold out. As I said before, it is the Angels baseball fan cruise. Fortunately, we already have a confirmed reservation for the Chef's Table. This is only a 3 night cruise so I guess we can eat in the buffet for 2 nights if need be.

Carnival Liberty - Table for 2-hard to avoid interaction with those seated next to us.

DSC02205-vi.jpg

I might of been a bit off in my earlier post about the tables being 4 inches apart, but this is what I mean about tables for 2 not really much of a table for 2 ;). They might be 8 inches apart :D

Mr. Heald said, "I do ask on behalf of my wonderful colleagues not to write directly to them and if you do, please don’t me mad if you do not receive a response. I thank them for all their hard work as they continue to provide a wonderful atmosphere and brilliant service in our dining rooms."

Basically, I believe he is saying, if you have a special request you may email him (John Heald)--- Or do what I use to do... talk to the Maitre D when you first arrive. Yes, I understand sometimes the line is long to speak to the Maitre D, but I have always had success.

I am thankful that I do not have to do this anymore because I am very fond of Anytime Dining :D