VISION post-revitalization photos

Hey everyone,

LMaxwell has a great thread going already with excellent Vision photos already... this thread is adding to that so that I wouldn't hijack that thread. After replying to several posts about the renovated Vision in the past couple of months, I thought I'd post some of my own photos of the ship itself to supplement LMaxwell's thread... this isn't a review of my vacation as I just want to show more pics of The Vision to any CC'er interested in the ship itself. Unfortunately I have a few photos I did not include (ie. Chops, etc) as I did not want to include personal photos.

Here are some threads with some good thoughts regarding the Vision form several CC'ers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957394

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944034

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953730

1WELCOME_zps88b87175.jpg

3WELCOME_zps573e247f.jpg

2WELCOME_zps3f1a0a7f.jpg

Thanks for posting! I'm a Carnival cruiser looking to take my first cruise on a RCI ship. We are currently looking into booking Vision of the Seas and couldn't seem to find a lot of updated info on it.

It's definitely different looking than her Carnival counterparts :)

1b685697-a468-4277-b1da-4cdcca421241_zps0d790bdb.jpg

centrumshow5_zps2f9b4bb6.jpg

poolnight4_zpsb343f208.jpg

centrumshow4_zps3cfa6e2c.jpg

centrumshow1_zps7e688a1e.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

For those of you who have only sailed Voyager class ships and larger, I would strongly recommend trying a Vision Class ship sometime. I did LIberty/Majesty B2b in 2011 ... And this year Both Rhapsody & Vision after being on Oasis in May. Had a great vacation on every ship I've been on!! Vision will in in Fort Lauderdale and Tampa the next 2 years.. many of you I'm sure may have the opportunity to grab a short 4 or 5 night cruise for great prices.

Thanks for posting! I'm a Carnival cruiser looking to take my first cruise on a RCI ship. We are currently looking into booking Vision of the Seas and couldn't seem to find a lot of updated info on it.

It's definitely different looking than her Carnival counterparts :)

You're welcome!

I think to get a really good feel for what RCL is all about and the amenities/venues their ships give you, I feel you should book your first cruise on a Voyager or Freedom Class ship.

If you're looking at the Vision, I'm guessing your seeing short cruises out of Tampa and FLL? Definitely look at Freedom, Liberty, Indy and Explorer first if you can... HAPPY CRUISING :D

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures of the beautiful tiny ship. Also, have to thank LMAXWELL for his posts

You both were very instrumental in our decision to book the Vision. In December, when we were looking for our next cruise, I saw that the Vision was coming back to Port Evergladeds.

But, she looked so small next to the other ships and I knew she was older (1998)

But, after seeing your posts and great photos, we have booked her for5/3/2014

You both have such a positive attitude about the Vision to go with your beautiful pictures

Thank you

What did you think of your cabin post-revitalization?

Hmmm... this is really an unfair question because I'm used to interior cabins and the odd regular balcony with my Diamond Discount... on this cruise I had my very first suite, and it was the JS corner aft with the wrap around deck!!! :eek: Truly Un-bloody-believable!!! All I have to say to every CC'er reading this is that if you ever ever get the chance to book a corner aft with a wrap around, do it at any reasonable cost and for any itinerary on any ship. :p You will be astounded at how awesome that balcony is and the feeling you get everytime you 'come home"... let alone breakfast every morning on the deck.

I've been in new interiors on Rhapsody and Radiance post revitalization the past year... both great, upgraded bowl sinks, updated flooring, flat screens, etc...

What I didn't comprehend, and I am told it's only the Vision class ships, is that the media package provided on the Vision Class was not upgraded to include on-demand movies or the interactive sea-pass account programming (seeing your account, booking excursions, etc). So all you get is broadcasted TV channels, nothing on demand and nothing interactive. Non issue for me :)

I'm glad so many are finding my other photo thread helpful. There are great photos and information in this thread too.

Kind of a bummer that the TV's are not interactive. On the Allure I took one look at the Excursion line and realized I could do all I needed over the TV. Same with reviewing my billing and not needing to go to Guest Services and wait on line. Not the end of the world, but would have been a nice upgrade on Vision-class ships.

For those looking to make the leap to RCI, I echo what others have said; go on Voyager class or larger. I only say that because them you will have the features/amenities that set RCI apart from other cruise lines; that is where I think you'll find the real "Wow" factor. I enjoyed sailing Vision, I would go again on this ship without hesitation. In fact, I went on Vision to get a feel for the smaller revitalized ships just prior to final payment on a 10 day trip on Legend coming up. (And to be Diamond for that 10 day) In between I went on Allure; totally different animal; you can not compare Vision-class amenities to that ship!

Hmmm... this is really an unfair question because I'm used to interior cabins and the odd regular balcony with my Diamond Discount... on this cruise I had my very first suite, and it was the JS corner aft with the wrap around deck!!! :eek: Truly Un-bloody-believable!!! All I have to say to every CC'er reading this is that if you ever ever get the chance to book a corner aft with a wrap around, do it at any reasonable cost and for any itinerary on any ship. :p You will be astounded at how awesome that balcony is and the feeling you get everytime you 'come home"... let alone breakfast every morning on the deck.

I've been in new interiors on Rhapsody and Radiance post revitalization the past year... both great, upgraded bowl sinks, updated flooring, flat screens, etc...

What I didn't comprehend, and I am told it's only the Vision class ships, is that the media package provided on the Vision Class was not upgraded to include on-demand movies or the interactive sea-pass account programming (seeing your account, booking excursions, etc). So all you get is broadcasted TV channels, nothing on demand and nothing interactive. Non issue for me :)

Good news indeed, thanks! We're cruising with our friends on the Vision, and they have the deck 7 corner aft on one side and we have the same on the other side. And you're right about having a wrap-around deck. They're the best.

Great to know you loved your room!! We are in our 1st Jr Suite deck 8 wraparound balcony in May. (8588) So excited to see it!!

Just wondering, if you can not see your acct via the TV, is there another way to keep tabs on your acct? I guess maybe guest services could print something mid week??