Taking bottled water on board - RCCL

MAI

Hello,

I will be cruising on radiance of the Seas (RCCL) in just a few weeks and was wondering if I could take a case of bottled water on board at check in.

This is my first ever cruise, but I have seen on the forums that people have done this in the past despite the policy saying that no drinks can be taken on board.

I have read that people have just stuck the luggage tag straight on to the case so it is clear that it is just water.

What is the security like in Sydney? Are they likely to confiscate my water?

I don't really want to break the rules but bottled water seems expensive onboard.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with the tap water on board, probably cleaner than Sydney water. So take a spare bottle with your carry on in case they take your case. Don't forget you can take on 2 bottles of wine per cabin in your carry on.

Hugh

I suspect the water on board is RO water. I am not a fan of RO water.

But that is not the only reason. I just like to have water on hand.

Plus I would prefer sparkling water.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I recently cruised around Australia. I bought a couple of large bottles of filtered water at some ports. I had no problems taking them on board Dawn Princess. No one questioned or checked. They went through the screening xray machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect the water on board is RO water. I am not a fan of RO water.

But that is not the only reason. I just like to have water on hand.

Plus I would prefer sparkling water.

:confused: The water onboard is "De sal" same as all cruise ships and it is de salinated onboard.

Worried about old rusted/ corroded pipes:confused: Go to the Buffet and ask a server to give you a jug of ice cold water from the health regulated Kitchen drinking water dispenser! This is what you get at breakfast lunch and dinner.

want fizzy? take a soda stream machine:D

Bottled water is just every day tap water fed into a huge tank and through a filtration system and has never or will ever be from either a "Mountain" lol or a " Natural Spring" lol even perrier god dam it lol

Just to clear things up. De sal water is RO water. Desalination is the removal of salts and minerals through reverse osmosis membranes.

I find the removal of all the minerals makes it less satisfying when trying to quench your thrust.

And as for the soda stream I would love to bring it along but I suspect the CO2 canister might be a problem.

In case I sound like a water snob. I want to be clear at home I would never consider bottled water. I drink mostly tap water. that is because Sydney water is one of the best quality waters in the world.

Just to clear things up. De sal water is RO water. Desalination is the removal of salts and minerals through reverse osmosis membranes.

I find the removal of all the minerals makes it less satisfying when trying to quench your thrust.

And as for the soda stream I would love to bring it along but I suspect the CO2 canister might be a problem.

In case I sound like a water snob. I want to be clear at home I would never consider bottled water. I drink mostly tap water. that is because Sydney water is one of the best quality waters in the world.

I dont think you are a water snob but personally I cant taste the difference between ships De sal and bottled water, but i do understand that this is just my taste experience:)

We can smell the chlorine in Perth tap water but I still cant taste any difference lol