QE on BBC2 this Monday (20/01)

ToadOfToadHall

Yes, I noticed that too. Something about showing how to lay a table in the Britannia Restaurant I think.

Last week Nick Robinson was on the QM2 on a programme about immigration. He appeared to board the ship from the pilot boat while approaching Southampton and then stayed on board while in Southampton.

Quite a good advert for Cunard I thought showing the theatre and bridge as well as the restaurant, as well as quite a bit of historic Cunard footage.

It must have been filmed a few months ago though with Peter Shanks still being around.

Edited by Ray66

I really enjoyed the programme and it was very good PR for Cunard. Of course they don't lay the tables like that these days. Not like it was on QE2 :(
QE2?... They didn't lay the tables on QE2 as they did on the QM... or the Aquitania... or the Britannia... or the Ark ;) :) .

I really enjoyed the programme and it was very good PR for Cunard. Of course they don't lay the tables like that these days. Not like it was on QE2 :(

A table set for a formal dinner is set in the same way everywhere. It's not a special Cunard way of setting a table.