Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Review with tons of photos

lovestocruise19

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for introducing me to the Mocha Chocolate Getaway. I just got back yesterday and had a couple each day. AMAZING

Lol! You are quite welcome! I call myself the unofficial mocha chocolate getaway marketer! They are so good and I like to spread the word as not many people know about that drink. It's like a drink and a dessert in one! Glad you enjoyed and hope you enjoyed your cruise as well.

We saw the Ecstasy pulling in so I watched that while DH went back to the room for a nap. I'm a cruise ship geek so watching her pull in was fascinating! I talked to a nice gentlemen on Deck 10 as we both watched her pull in. I also have a short video which I will post.

1536527_10152198650389721_955525896_n.jpg

Wow, thanks! It's like getting 2 reviews in 1. Will be sailing on the Ecstasy in June and then on the Conquest in Sept. :):D:rolleyes:

Wow, thanks! It's like getting 2 reviews in 1. Will be sailing on the Ecstasy in June and then on the Conquest in Sept. :):D:rolleyes:

No problem! I'm a bit of a Carnival ship geek and whenever I saw another one on this cruise I'd get all excited and DH thought I was crazy! We saw the Breeze, Glory, Victory, Ecstasy and Sunshine on this cruise. :D But the Ecstasy was up close, so that was cool. We've never been on any of the Fantasy class ships, so it was neat seeing what she looked like on the outer decks.

Darn near purrrfect review!!! Many thanks for your time and efforts!!

Your review had the perfect balance of photos to commentary, you incorporated tips and helpful information, you balanced perfectly your photos of the ship, food, and ports, you included just enough personal photos to let us know who you are but not enough to infringe on your personal life and make it creepy (which a lot of reviewers do), you included videos and copies of the Fun Times, you completed your review in a timely manner, you did not try to influence anyone with superfluous info and unnecessary trivia....loved it.

LOVED IT!

Rose

I just finished your review - thank you so much for posting. I don't know when we'll cruise again but DH said he'd like to do a Western Caribbean next time. We did a Western in March 2006 that went to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. We've never been to Roatan and I'd love to see it. Sorry to hear your original tour in Belize was cancelled. That's the one I think I'd like to do since we did a snorkel/beach break in 2006 and never got to the mainland and would love to see more of Belize. I've never been on Conquest but have been on Glory and Valor, her sister ships. I did get an opportunity one morning during a short land vacation to Atlantis in the Bahamas to watch Conquest coming in. I got up for sunrise and walked down to the far beach on the resort and saw a ship and as it got closer, I noticed the "Whale tail" and once close enough I saw it was Conquest. I was wishing I was on her. :) I got a lot of pictures of her coming in and would love to sail on her.

Darn near purrrfect review!!! Many thanks for your time and efforts!!

Your review had the perfect balance of photos to commentary, you incorporated tips and helpful information, you balanced perfectly your photos of the ship, food, and ports, you included just enough personal photos to let us know who you are but not enough to infringe on your personal life and make it creepy (which a lot of reviewers do), you included videos and copies of the Fun Times, you completed your review in a timely manner, you did not try to influence anyone with superfluous info and unnecessary trivia....loved it.

LOVED IT!

Rose

Aw, thanks! I think this is the nicest compliment I've ever received on one of my cruise reviews!

I just finished your review - thank you so much for posting. I don't know when we'll cruise again but DH said he'd like to do a Western Caribbean next time. We did a Western in March 2006 that went to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. We've never been to Roatan and I'd love to see it. Sorry to hear your original tour in Belize was cancelled. That's the one I think I'd like to do since we did a snorkel/beach break in 2006 and never got to the mainland and would love to see more of Belize. I've never been on Conquest but have been on Glory and Valor, her sister ships. I did get an opportunity one morning during a short land vacation to Atlantis in the Bahamas to watch Conquest coming in. I got up for sunrise and walked down to the far beach on the resort and saw a ship and as it got closer, I noticed the "Whale tail" and once close enough I saw it was Conquest. I was wishing I was on her. :) I got a lot of pictures of her coming in and would love to sail on her.

You're welcome! Yes, everybody has to see Roatan at least once in their life! Even though it was overcast, there was just something so beautiful about that island! Valor is the only Conquest class ship we haven't been on so far.

YAY!!!! Thats going to be me on April 2nd, pulling into Cozumel on the Ecstasy!! Thanks for the tease.. Great review so far!!

I know I responded to this yesterday, but I guess Cruise Critic was being glitchy. I remember you asking me about the piers in Cozumel. In case you never saw it, the Puerta Maya pier is for Carnival ships and fits two. There is another pier close by where other ships dock. You can see the RCCL ship docked there in my pics. I think there may have been a third one, too, but not 100% sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if you had to call Carnival to book this room because I tried to book it on a cruise a year from now and it will not let me choose this room. Do you know if there was a bunk you could pull down or possibility of bringing in another bed on the floor if you didn't have the table.

Just wondering if you had to call Carnival to book this room because I tried to book it on a cruise a year from now and it will not let me choose this room. Do you know if there was a bunk you could pull down or possibility of bringing in another bed on the floor if you didn't have the table.

Nope, we actually booked it right online and we booked really close to sailing, too! We booked Nov. 25 and sailed on Jan. 12. I do believe looking up on the ceiling above our bed and seeing one of those pulldown beds in that room. So, yes, it has one. I bet they could bring in a cot, too.

I just read your Liberty review as we are going in 5 weeks. Just wondering what you didn't like about the La Quinta East? We have it booked. :confused::eek:

Well, it wasn't too too bad. The restaurant next door, Bennigans, was kinda gross. Sticky floors and run down. There is nothing really else around the hotel as far as stores or restaurants and the time we went it is near the airport so it was within a construction area. When we got snacks out of the vending machines at the hotel they were melty and stale (at least the Twix I got). The lobby seemed like a sauna. The room itself was okay. Your standard room. Fine for a night. We were sharing a room, which probably put a damper on our experience, too. Lol.

I am sure that I overlooked it, as ypur review was phenominal, but I have two questions.

1. Did they still have a sushi bar?

2. Do you have any details about the spa/gym area? Other than the listed spa services does it have anything special like some of the bigger ships?

I probably sound like a complete idiot asking this, but Ive asked in other places without results.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I am sure that I overlooked it, as ypur review was phenominal, but I have two questions.

1. Did they still have a sushi bar?

2. Do you have any details about the spa/gym area? Other than the listed spa services does it have anything special like some of the bigger ships?

I probably sound like a complete idiot asking this, but Ive asked in other places without results.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I don't think they have the sushi bar anymore because where it used to be is now the Taste Bar.

I didn't go to the spa on this cruise, so I'm not sure what they offer. Sorry I can't help you there.

I have tried to select that room on a bunch of different cruises and it does not allow me to pick it. Do you know what classification it was? (Oceanview, Scenic Oceanview, etc)

Room 2465 is still considered an Ocean View, Category 6B. Sorry you haven't had luck booking it. Perhaps try calling Carnival instead of using the website. Maybe the reason we got it was because someone cancelled or something and it happened to pop up. As I said, we booked pretty close to the sail date. Good luck!

We then went to the Welcome Aboard show where we met our cruise director, Gary, and he did that baby bear game with some passengers. Then the show morphed right into the Divas show, which was weird. We suffered through most of it (I almost died when a male singer totally butchered Christina Aguilera's "Fighter") and left a few minutes early ...

We were on the Conquest the week before! We thought the singers were awful... that one female I thought they should let her off in Cozumel with a plane ticket....

Edited by festivalfrau