best snorkeling excursion in Bonaire

Open sea

Woodwind is GREAT! My comments posted on another site following an outing last year:

As experienced divers and snorkelers who spent two weeks diving in Bonaire a few years ago, including a number of drift dives on Klein Bonaire, we were curious to see if our outing on the Woodwind would live up to expectations. It did, and was the highlight of our three week Caribbean cruise! Dee and her crew did an excellent job; we were particularly impressed with Karen, our group leader. Having read some negative comments about guests being made to snorkel in a fairly tight grouping, I was pleased to see that Karen quickly assessed our group and allowed us the freedom to swim very independently. Throughout the snorkel, she provided an ongoing commentary and would point out items of interest to those who chose to swim close to her. Our time in the water was very generous, just under two hours in total. There was a short surface interval while we moved to the second snorkel site, during which drinks were offered, then it was back in the water! After the second session, tasty snacks and more drinks were offered as we sailed back to Kralendijk. While we personally enjoyed the freedom of snorkelling independently and at our own pace, the Woodwind provides a very safe and nurturing environment for all levels of experience. The boat also follows along behind the snorkelers, allowing anyone to reboard if they feel that they have had enough time in the water. I'm sometimes skeptical of rave reviews, but they are well deserved in the case of the Woodwind! Like many before us, we will happily book again on our next return to Bonaire.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our 10-night cruise today. We were in Bonaire last week, and also chose Woodwind. We've snorkeled many, many times in the Caribbean, Mexico, and Hawaii. Woodwind is probably the top 1 or 2 of any snorkeling tour we've taken, not just because of what Bonaire has to offer, but because of the professionalism of Woodwind.

We were in Bonaire on 2/7/14, and we used Compass sailing. It was a fantastic day. The crew were very friendly and helpful. 2 of them went with everyone while snorkeling and pointed out some of the different types of fish. There was even an octopus around a rock. They had drinks and snacks on the boat. This is a sail boat and we had a wonderful time. Their website is: http://www.compassbonaire.com/

I can't wait to go back to Bonaire, so we can go on Compass again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We were in Bonaire on 2/7/14, and we used Compass sailing. It was a fantastic day. The crew were very friendly and helpful. 2 of them went with everyone while snorkeling and pointed out some of the different types of fish. There was even an octopus around a rock. They had drinks and snacks on the boat. This is a sail boat and we had a wonderful time. Their website is: http://www.compassbonaire.com/

I can't wait to go back to Bonaire, so we can go on Compass again!

Good to hear this about Compass! I just emailed Woodwind today and they are already full booked for Feb 20, 2015!!! So, plan B looks like Compass!

Lauri

Good to hear this about Compass! I just emailed Woodwind today and they are already full booked for Feb 20, 2015!!! So, plan B looks like Compass!

Lauri

When I booked our cruise for next March a month ago, I emailed Woodwind immediately. I wanted to be sure not to miss out. From your post, it looks like I did the right thing!

Hope Compass turns out to be great for you. :)

When I booked our cruise for next March a month ago, I emailed Woodwind immediately. I wanted to be sure not to miss out. From your post, it looks like I did the right thing!

Hope Compass turns out to be great for you. :)

Thank you! Also looking at the water taxi to Klein Bonaire..decisions, decisions...

Lauri