Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Why do you think that Freedom is going to Asia?

That is what the crew told us when we were on board last month. But you know how rumors are. RCI is good at keeping things under wraps....and the rest of us guessing! ;)

Will be getting some additional info when we board again in a few weeks.

How about the new Quantum class ship - Anthem is it? Isn't it due to come out late 2015? When will it appear for booking? Where will it go?

Interesting that Jewel may go to Los Angeles...! Where will it cruise to - Alaska? or somewhere along Calif coast?

That is what the crew told us when we were on board last month. But you know how rumors are. RCI is good at keeping things under wraps....and the rest of us guessing! ;)

Will be getting some additional info when we board again in a few weeks.

Hi,

it would not surprize me that your observation / prediction is correct.

We were on the freedom in dec and also heared similar rumors.

I also noticed a lot more wait staff in the dining room / windjammer that are from china ....... is that a training program for them to prepare them for the not so futured guests ?

RCI probably will make a lot more profit in the asian market - there is a lot of people there with money to spend.

If depth isn't an issue Quantum to Alaska? It does have a enclosed pool, but the flowrider would need dry suits depending on the weather temperatures.

Highly doubt it but you never know.

Quantum won't fit thru the Panama Canal, so they would have to either go around South America or go to Australia during on the off season. Also, with Quantum being so long, it might be a tighter squeeze in the glacier viewing areas than they are comfortable with.

Freedom to Asia, Enchantment to South America, and Oasis to PC.

Sigh....will miss the Freedom and the Enchantment. :(

I hope the Explorer decides to plant some roots here!!

I will be so upset if they take Freedom and Enchantment. LOVE those ships and having them within driving distance.

Quantum won't fit thru the Panama Canal, so they would have to either go around South America or go to Australia during on the off season. Also, with Quantum being so long, it might be a tighter squeeze in the glacier viewing areas than they are comfortable with.

Would it fit the the new Canal? I haven't kept up on the Canal changes in relation to ship sizes. Unless Quantum leaves NY for the summer there is no chance of this happening in my mind. Just a day dreaming idea.

I wonder what the glaciers would look like from the Sky arm, or whatever it is called.:p

Would it fit the the new Canal? I haven't kept up on the Canal changes in relation to ship sizes. Unless Quantum leaves NY for the summer there is no chance of this happening in my mind. Just a day dreaming idea.

I wonder what the glaciers would look like from the Sky arm, or whatever it is called.:p

Quantum would fit in the new locks, but might not fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Same problem that Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class would have with the new canal.

Edited by clarea

Do you have an idea of the time frame for sailings out of LA? Do I assume eventually Jewel will end up on the Alaskan run?

RCI 2015 Jewel..San Pedro (Port of Los Angeles)

This is what I have heard so far...hope it's true.

9-26-15

10-3-15

10-10-15

Let's hope it turns out this is just testing the west coast waters again and they will be "Good" :D

Quantum would fit in the new locks, but might not fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Same problem that Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class would have with the new canal.

Thanks Bob for the info. You would want to keep the Sky Arm down while going under the bridge, if there is any chance of it fitting in the first place.

How about the new Quantum class ship - Anthem is it? Isn't it due to come out late 2015? When will it appear for booking? Where will it go?

Interesting that Jewel may go to Los Angeles...! Where will it cruise to - Alaska? or somewhere along Calif coast?

According to port information it will sail from Port of San Pedro, Catalina Island and not sure where else.