Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

If the Bahamas cruises are money maker for RC, then definitely Majesty will be replaced by another ship. Either from Miami or Port Everglades!

• Vision - replacing Majesty?
  • Jewel - to the West Coast LA, but then what?? too many berths in Alaska imho and prices have dropped at least 50% to what they were 3-4 years ago across all cruise lines. Maybe no need to replace Rhapsody?
  • If Jewel doing the Canal to the West Coast, what's replacing her in San Juan?
  • Rhapsody - some rumors around saying that once reaching Istanbul she will do a couple of Black Sea itineraries before home porting in Rome
  • Explorer - 3 Voyager Class ships in Asia??? I don;t see it as Mariner & Voyager staying there. If not Asia then where?
  • Indy or Freedom - replacing Rhapsody? The Aussie's will get excellent use of the Flowrider, I can definitely see this... question is how are one of these ships going to get there??? Around South America, up the West Coast and then over, or like Voyager via Mediterranean, Suez, Dubai, Singapore?? :D:D

For what the Panamanians charge for a ship to cross from one ocean to another, the bridge will be rebuilt to accomodate the largest ships afloat.

Heresay......but that is what I was told. Only time will tell!:)

Rick

This was also the discussion with the Capt & the Canal Admin. A new bridge isn't even close to being discussed by anyone. But then again, who really are we to know!:p

The only other discussion was modifying the top deck (masts/aerials) of the ship to shave off a few feet, but the cost and the risk didn;t seem likely. Having said that, I think the Soltice is being modifed to ensure it's passage underneath the Lion's Gate Bridge in Vancouver for May 2014 so obviously can be done.:)

I think there may be The Serenade to Los Angeles/San Francisco.

Oaisis to Cape Canaveral

Quantum to do multi Trans Atlantic Crossings even during winter

Navigator Of The Seas possibly doing California Excursions Too with the possibility of Hawaii and Trans Pacific Crossings

Royal opening a base at San Francisco/Long Beach and San Diego and offering year round sailings. With San Francisco having a new port I propose Royal will be calling SF home to compete with Princess and the Old Farts Holland America:D:D

Freedom or Indy to Galveston.

Jewel to Alaska.

How sure is it that FREEDOM or INDEPENDENCE sail from Galveston. (I also could think of LIBERTY).

SERENADE seems to sail from Copenhagen and Hamburg in summer, and Canada/NE in fall.

JEWEL: Alaska, Panama Canal, Caribbean

NAVIGATOR: from Sn Juan

EXPLORER: Asia???

RHAPSODY: Med from Rome and Istanbul

VISION: maybe 3rd ship in Alaska???? Or year-round from Tampa?

ADVENTURE: Southampton, maybe new Caribbean itineraries? Or Asia from late 2015?

Edited by celebrity_fan

We heard rumours last year from a worker at Sydney's cruise terminal that does RCCL boarding that another Voyager class ship would be coming to Australia - so seems the Mariner rumour may be correct.

But you guys in the US have it good, over here in Australia we would just like to have even 1 royal ship that stayed here all year! Just 1!

We only get 6 months a year, then you have to fly somewhere overseas to cruise Royal during our Winter.

Carnival placed a ship here full time a year or so back, so hopefully Royal will be doing the same some time soon! Is that too much to ask? :confused:

I would love a year round ship in Europe. I have to cruise ncl at Christmas and don't want to!

I hope there is NOT a freedom class ship in Galveston. That would mean I would have to cruise from there again and I am sick of the ports (DH loves the freedom class).

A California option would be nice...preferably a home port out of San Francisco.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We heard rumours last year from a worker at Sydney's cruise terminal that does RCCL boarding that another Voyager class ship would be coming to Australia - so seems the Mariner rumour may be correct.

But you guys in the US have it good, over here in Australia we would just like to have even 1 royal ship that stayed here all year! Just 1!

We only get 6 months a year, then you have to fly somewhere overseas to cruise Royal during our Winter.

Carnival placed a ship here full time a year or so back, so hopefully Royal will be doing the same some time soon! Is that too much to ask? :confused:

I would love that! I can't do the Australian cruises because of the travel time and length of cruise (only have 3 weeks max over Christmas). My summers are completely empty and would be perfect for an Australian visit....even if it is your winter.

How cold would the winters be for excursions though? Maybe that is there concern?

I would say Royal doing 2 cruises out of LA is a big surprise. No clue what the itinerary is yet Pacific costal or Mexican riviera, but they are looking at something.

Princess pulling out of a 3 and 4 day market from LA and Royal pulling out of the west coast all together well apple and oranges are different.

As far as Royal putting a larger ship in Asia or Australia? i'm not surprised.

Ive heard Celebrity will be converting the Solstice smoke stacks to telescoping so she can fit under the Lions gate bridge in Vancouver which is 200ft the bridge of Americas is 201ft.

I really don't see Enchantment going anywhere anytime soon. Those 3/4 day cruises out of PC are a money maker. Plus the Enchantment hasn't been here long.

I do see Majesty leaving the fleet without replacing a ship to Miami. On my last cruise I have talked to many fellow cruisers who believe RCCL will not have any ships in Miami once Majesty moves on.

In terms of Port Canaveral here is what I think will happen.

Enchantment stays

Freedom is replaced by Oasis

3rd ship to be seasonally placed here. Maybe Indy.

I remember seeing on the RCCL website that Explorer will be doing some ABC island sailings out of PC in 2015. It would be nice to do that itinerary without flying to San Juan if this is true.

I remember seeing on the RCCL website that Explorer will be doing some ABC island sailings out of PC in 2015. It would be nice to do that itinerary without flying to San Juan if this is true.

I only looked at Feb 2015, they have two 9 day cruises that include the ABCs that month.

I would love a year round ship in Europe. I have to cruise ncl at Christmas and don't want to!

I hope there is NOT a freedom class ship in Galveston. That would mean I would have to cruise from there again and I am sick of the ports (DH loves the freedom class).

A California option would be nice...preferably a home port out of San Francisco.

Bring us a ship on the west coast, we hate the ports, but love being on a ship while in port....we could go to the same ones over and over, for us its just being on the ship! just sayin :)

A larger ship than Voyager Class is coming to Galveston 11/15.

Also 11,500,000 in improvements to Terminal #2, and widening and deepening of channel is happening.

It has been said on Navigator Ship by Captain with passengers meeting that a Freedom Class is coming to Galveston,

and also it has been told to me on Navigator even possibly a Quantum or Oasis Class is coming to Galveston.

I have confirmed independently that a larger than Voyager Class Ship will come to Galveston 11/15.

Also

Royal Caribbean's fleet of cruise ships

they have on order to build,

as well as ships that are speculated to be a possibility to be ordered.

Confirmed Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Orders

Quantum of the Seas

Ship Class: Quantum Class

Passengers: 4,180

Expected inaugural cruise: November 14, 2014

Anthem of the Seas

Expected inaugural cruise: Spring 2015

Unnamed Oasis class ship

Ship Class: Oasis Class

Passengers: 5,400

Expected inaugural cruise: Mid-2016

Unnamed Quantum class ship

Unconfirmed Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Orders (options could have been exercised, lapsed or extended by now?)

Fourth Oasis class ship

Expected inaugural cruise: Mid-2018

Fifth Oasis class ship

Expected inaugural cruise: N/A

Also 11,500,000 in improvements to Terminal #2, and widening and deepening of channel is happening.

It has been said on Navigator Ship by Captain with passengers meeting that a Freedom Class is coming to Galveston,

and also it has been told to me on Navigator even possibly a Quantum or Oasis Class is coming to Galveston.

I have confirmed independently that a larger than Voyager Class Ship will come to Galveston 11/15.

Also

Quantum of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Unnamed Oasis class ship

Unconfirmed Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Orders (options could have been exercised, lapsed or extended by now?)

Fourth Oasis class ship

Fifth Oasis class ship

You should attribute where you copy and paste stuff when you copy it from another site. Give them at least credit for it

Also

Quantum of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Unnamed Oasis class ship

Fourth Oasis class ship

Fifth Oasis class ship

Keep dreaming.

I don't care which ship is in Galveston, as long as there is one there year-round!!!

Barbara

I'm with you Barb:D

If we do get Freedom I'd be in heaven! I wouldn't care where it went!

Edited by BecciBoo

Keep dreaming.

My sentiments exactly.

In the open public records of Port of Galveston,

in the Capital Investment Plan 2014-2015

from Qtr 4 2013 - Qtr 2 2015 with completion,

$11,050,000 will be spent on Expansion and Improvements to Terminal #2.

Also minutes of recent special board meetings reflect

discussion of the larger RCCL vessel coming fall 2015,

and new operating agreement with RCCL being negotiated.

The Agenda for port meeting next week reflects

Discuss and consider approval of Operating Agreement

between Port of Galveston and Royal Caribbean Cruises from terminal#2.

This in addition to what Captain on Navigator was saying openly the last couple of months about

Freedom Class coming to Galveston.

Edited by ssb

I would love that! I can't do the Australian cruises because of the travel time and length of cruise (only have 3 weeks max over Christmas). My summers are completely empty and would be perfect for an Australian visit....even if it is your winter.

How cold would the winters be for excursions though? Maybe that is there concern?

Winters in the top half of Australia are like Summers in Wisconsin :D

Lower half probably more like the Winters in Los Angeles, days can be sunny & quite warm, nights can get chilly but nothing a coat won't fix, you don't need thermals in most parts.

In Winter we only get snow at the very bottom of the country & then isolated to higher altitude areas mostly.

Queensland in the north is very popular during our Winter as it's still warm & usually less rain, a good time to visit the Great Barrier Reef & Kakadu national park etc in the Northern Territory.

Fingers crossed Royal realises there is a good market over here for our Winter time cruises, we all want to go then & the tropical south Pacific as well as northern Australia are warm enough to enjoy that time of the year. :)

According to port information it will sail from Port of San Pedro, Catalina Island and not sure where else.

Anyone know where it is going to go for the 3 sailings?

Some of us are not convinced that the 3 trips will originate from Los Angeles, but will be a stop going to (or coming from) somewhere else. RCCL has infrastructure already in place in San Diego, and I suspect the trips in 2015 will originate from there (which is just fine by me).

By looking at the St Maarten cruise ship visits it appears Navigator is leaving Galveston late April 2015.

Navigator of the Seas becomes a very frequent visitor after 4 May 2015.

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

:)Great then maybe it will have these alternatives:

Navigator will have Itinerary from Galveston to Eastern Caribbean

Navigator will reposition in April 2015 to another departure port for Eastern Caribbean

Another ship repos to Galveston in April 2015

No ship will be in Galveston April 2015 to November 2015

Larger than Voyager ship departs Galveston beginning November 2015

Remember Galveston will have better access to/through Panama Canal,

and there will be new available itineraries.

As example Royal is investing in a new port in Belize.

As example routes to west coast of Central American and Mexico.

Edited by ssb

:)Great then maybe it will

Have Itinerary from Galveston to Eastern Caribbean

Reposition in April 2015 to another departure port for Eastern Caribbean

Another ship repos to Galveston in April 2015

No ship will be in Galveston April 2015 to November 2015

Larger than Voyager ship departs Galveston beginning November 2015

What is stopping Freedom class moving to Galveston May 2015?