Zuirdam - 5th floor

PattyCruiser2013

So we are looking at cabins on the 5th floor but it says they are all directly above the life boats and view looking down is restricted. How restricted is the view? I tried to look at the HALcabins sight but there were no pics of these rooms.

I imagine this would only restrict us looking straight down into the water

What about other rooms on 4 that are away from lifeboats?

trying to stay away from way front of the ship (older group in party won't like very front of ship) but, our selection of balconies is really slim already!

So we are looking at cabins on the 5th floor but it says they are all directly above the life boats and view looking down is restricted. How restricted is the view? I tried to look at the HALcabins sight but there were no pics of these rooms.

trying to stay away from way front of the ship (older group in party won't like very front of ship) but, our selection of balconies is really slim already!

The life boats are hung on deck 4. On deck 5 over one, you can see out, just not straight down. No verandas on deck 4 near the life boats to effect your view.

Why not look at one of the balcony cabins on deck 4 - they are a bit deeper. And depending on which cruise you are looking at, 4166 or 4164 might still be available (double width).

Edited by startwin

There are a few cabins on aft -away from lifeboats on 4. ... Are those the ones you are saying are bigger?
The deck 4 cabins are not bigger inside, but the balconies are. All of the balconies of the side cabins on deck 4 are 7.5 ft deep, while most above them are 6 ft deep. However, the outer 1.5 ft of the deck 4 verandas are not covered. The people at the railing in this picture are on deck 4.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60199&d=1192653555

Edited by jtl513

Thank you. That is helpful!

The deck 4 cabins are not bigger inside, but the balconies are. All of the balconies of the side cabins on deck 4 are 7.5 ft deep, while most above them are 6 ft deep. However, the outer 1.5 ft of the deck 4 verandas are not covered. The people at the railing in this picture are on deck 4.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60199&d=1192653555

So - if you had a choice of mid cabins on 5th DECK overlooking lifeboats on 4 OR cabins near aft - not by lifeboats - which would you choose? Sounds like the cabins on 4 have larger verandas which may be nice. I'd prefer to be higher but nothing else available other than 4 or 5 DECKS. I don't really want to look at lifeboats even tho I get that you cans till look out. Decisions, decisions! Thanks for the advice -and laughs!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So - if you had a choice of mid cabins on 5th DECK overlooking lifeboats on 4 OR cabins near aft - not by lifeboats - which would you choose? Sounds like the cabins on 4 have larger verandas which may be nice. I'd prefer to be higher but nothing else available other than 4 or 5 DECKS. I don't really want to look at lifeboats even tho I get that you cans till look out. Decisions, decisions! Thanks for the advice -and laughs!

Deck 4 towards the aft. Perfect! Quick access to the MDR and the Lower Promenade, too.

So - if you had a choice of mid cabins on 5th DECK overlooking lifeboats on 4 OR cabins near aft - not by lifeboats - which would you choose?
The deck 5 midship balconies are just 4.5 ft deep, 60% of those on deck 4, so it's definitely deck 4 for me! One deck difference in elevation doesn't amount to much.

This is the balcony of 5122. Also note the lifeboat through the plexiglass.

ehhgn6.jpg

Edited by jtl513

I don't think so. Whenever we've had a room over the MDR, at dinner time we have either been there ourselves, or at a show, or elsewhere on the ship. :)

K thanks! I read a review where poster said they could hear them in kitchen at 5 am! But some other reviewers and posters said 4th deck is ok.