"Live" From the Grandeur of the Seas 7-22-05

Radio... Hooked since your "Live from the Mariner" webcast!!! Once again I will try to check in when ever I can....I am jealous that you are cruising once again and the rest of us just get to sit and watch....I guess it is better than nothing!!! Thanks for the great post and look forward to the next!!!!

Well I got my pics back tonight... it was a very hazy day, and I'm not at all thrilled with the quality... but for what it's worth, I've posted a couple on my Webshots album. My best guess is that the ship was almost a mile away, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I did get a shot of Radio waving at me, even though he couldn't see me. I couldn't see him either, until he moved in front of the white background. :)

It will take me some time to get a panoramic put together. I had help from another CC member in the past, but I'm going to try it myself this time.. we'll see how it goes. :)

Theron

Hello Everyone.....Yesterday it was impossible to connect via Royal Caribbean On Line....Hopefully today wil be better...I think that my wireless connection is much faster than being in the Internet Cafe. They have not installed WiFi yet, and they do not offer internet packages...It is all .50 per min.

Ok...Got that out of the way.....

We have sailed 720 miles and have 130nm to arrive at Freeport..

Last night was the Captains Gala Dinner...It was very nice...I had the Sea Bass which was wonderful..

The Production Show was "Rythm and Ryhme", and was very energetic, with good Broadway Musical show tunes....

It is rainy now, but it seems that we will miss the TS. The Captain expects s to arrive in Freeport araund 2PM.

I will try to get some photos posted when we get to Freeport.

For a few Answers.....

mamatrouble...Click on my Link below and go to the Enchantment Preview Photcs...there is several OS pics there...I did a "Live" from the Enchantment on 07-18-05, and there are pics of all the Suites.

dmwoodbine...The Kids Club is very big...The VideoGameroom is very small.....about 6 Vid Games...

TPKeller...Wow...thatnks for posting the Pics....I would realy like the Panorama.

Thanks to all of the wonderful comments.....and Thanks for Tuning In !

I will post again soon...

Radio

Hi Radio.....I would like to thank you for letting us tag along with you on the Granguer...I can sure use a cruise right about now, but not possible so this is perfect!!! I'll be tuning in every night to see where you've been and your daily reports!!! Thanks again....I hope you have a great cruise!!! :D

Radio, can you plug your laptop into the Deck 8 internet? I'd be happy with that. :)

Hmmm. I might have to try that.....

Helo everyone ! Freeport to day was Hot Hot Hot......Sunny skies and very hot..... The Internet Cafe in Freeport is CLOSED on Sunday....Not Cool....

I walked around alot, and browsed the shops and Straw Market. But I found myself going back to the ship after about 3 hours...We are getting ready to pull away now...I am surprised that I didnt have service here...

But I do have lots of pics and will be able to post them on Tuesday...

The crew have been very freindly...and the food has been perfect ! !

The pools on board are very clean...There are alot of kids on board, but they have been great....

Thanks to suzyq for advising me about deck 8...I will try it tonight...I am typing fast, because the last post to CC cost 20.00.......

Tomorrow is Coco Cay....See you then !

Thanks for tuning in......

Radio

;) ;)

I uploaded the panoramic of the Grandeur to my webshots album, but they chopped it down to only 2400 pixels across! I'll need to find some space to put the original up, it's 5368x1072.

http://community.webshots.com/album/402621935DpdMbQ

It's not the best, that haze really cost me in the colors and the sharpness, but as I said earlier, the thing was almost a mile away.

You can see Radio in the shot, he's almost in the same place as the other one with him waving, but just a little bit more in front of a window, so harder to pick out.

:) Enjoy!

Theron

Thanks to suzyq for advising me about deck 8...I will try it tonight...I am typing fast, because the last post to CC cost 20.00.......

Thanks for posting all of this. Suggestion: type up your post in Word while you are not connected. Then connect and cut and paste it into the post screen. You should be able to do that in a minute or two. Also, there are ways to download pages for offline viewing. You might be able to do that with this thread.

I used to think that RCI's old $100 for the week deal (they had that 3 years ago when we were on VOTS)l was ridiculous but apparently they've outdone themselves these days. How do their rates compare to other cruise lines??

One other question. I read on another board that the lunch menu is now the same every day, with the exception of one special appetizer, entree, etc. Is this true? Are they trying to encourage people not to bother going to the dining room for lunch and just go to Windjammer?

MisterBill99, it's true that the lunch menu in the Dining Room is the same every day, but there are enough choices on the menu that you could order something different every day. It was all good too! I certainly didn't feel as if the menu discouraged people from coming to the Dining Room. If anything, the great food I had in the dining room encouraged me to come back again the next day! :D

Radio, I just have to echo everybody else's sentiments and say thank you for such a great thread. Taking time from your vacation and of course money from your wallet for online time is very generous of you.

I'll be on the same cruise departing on 9/16. I've shared the link to this thread with our Roll Call, so I'm sure we'll all be "tuning in".

Radio, I'll blow my horn (sure everybody will be asleep) as I drive by the ship at PC this Friday on the way to work. It is usually turning around in the basin around 6:50, SOS will already be docked. If I remember to bring my camera and am ahead of schedule I'll take a pic and post it.

One other question. I read on another board that the lunch menu is now the same every day, with the exception of one special appetizer, entree, etc. Is this true? Are they trying to encourage people not to bother going to the dining room for lunch and just go to Windjammer?

You don't expect a restaurant to have a completely different menu every day, why should a cruise ship? With shore excursions and the other dining options, i.e., Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, room service and the solarium snack bar, plus daily specials, I've never had a problem with the menu not changing every day.

But I don't EAT at the same restaurant every day. And what do other cruise lines do? Rather than making excuses for RCI, why not compare it to the industry standard and see whether they are taking the lead in what would be seen as a service downgrade, or getting in sync with what others are already doing?

And there is no Johnny Rockets on GOTS.

Archived