"Live" From the Grandeur of the Seas 7-22-05

Radio

What a great preview for those of us going on the Grandeur soon.

I will try to be at Port Canveral on Friday 29th to wave as you leave that port. (usually about 7pm). My DH and I have been there at a little park and restaurant on the right side of the ship. come out and give us a wave.

Radio

What a great preview for those of us going on the Grandeur soon.

I will try to be at Port Canveral on Friday 29th to wave as you leave that port. (usually about 7pm). My DH and I have been there at a little park and restaurant on the right side of the ship. come out and give us a wave.

Hello everyone......We are approching Key West, and should be docked by 7AM. I am typing this from the comfort of my cabin through my Cellphone. The connection I have is much faster than the Internet Cafe.....It is also much cheaper. Plus I can post many pics this way....

Yesterday we were in Coco Cay...and it was a perfect day ! I went on a tender at 9:30...and stayed untill about 12PM.....There are 2200 passengers on board, and all but 500 went ashore. There were plenty of chairs for everyone. Everytime I go to Coco Cay...there are more improvements...There are many bars...many restrooms, and plenty of activities for all to do. I was able to take a picture of the "CostaMaya Dent"......(InFreeport the ship backed in port, so no one could see the dent). It rained for about 20 min at Coco Cay, but just enough to break the heat and provide a cool breeze.

All of the production shows are new since my last sailing on Grandeur last September. But don't miss Judy Kolba !(International Entertainer) What an entertainer ! She sings, dances, does great comedy....You will love her !

Well enough talking...here are some pics....

Radio

Welcome to Freeport

50401333-bc88-02000180-.jpg

All aboard by 7:30.....

50401336-0b34-02000180-.jpg

50401337-ee77-02000180-.jpg

50401368-3fd1-02000180-.jpg

We have to go to Immigration this morning at 7 AM, and should be able to disembark by 7:30....I will be posting more today.....

Thanks for tuning in.....But here are a few more pics of Coco Cay....

Radio

Welcome to Coco Cay !

50401412-f925-02000180-.jpg

Beatiful Beach

50401481-fa86-02000180-.jpg

The ship seems so close....

50401483-4b19-02000180-.jpg

Snorkel Shack

50401484-f791-02000180-.jpg

Walk up and get a beautiful view...

50401485-bf4a-01C20258-.jpg

Just a reply to the Lunches in the Dining Room. We ate there every day and they were the best ever on RCCL for that matter on any on my 11 cruises. Try the Chicken Lettuce Wraps or the Pad Ti. My DD say the steak sandwich was awesome.

In the "Beautiful Beach" photo, it looks like someone is putting on snorkel gear. Do they snorkel right on the beach there?

I have never snorkeled, but I am planning to give it a try on my cruise.

Theron

Do they ever bring out portable mini golf for the guests to play? I saw a photo from a few years ago with this set up, and my kids are hopeful they might still do this.

Yes, my 14yo son wants this as well. In fact, he will be disappointed if there is no mini-golf at all on the ship. Maybe it will be a good way to get him to hang around with other kids.

In the "Beautiful Beach" photo, it looks like someone is putting on snorkel gear. Do they snorkel right on the beach there?

I have never snorkeled, but I am planning to give it a try on my cruise.

Theron

Yes, they have a snorkeling area at Coco Cay. I believe there is a sunken ship and something else in one area.

Hello everyone from downtown Key West ! Today was a hot day, but beautiful. It was hot and sunny...not a cloud in the sky...around 92f. I went to the Blue Cat, over at the Clinton Square Marketplace. I then went to the Hemmingway House .That was about a 10 block walk.....and I was melting ! It was very nice to visit. I have been to key West at least 10 times but have never visited that house...There are many many cats there, but you can almost feel what is must have been like to live there long ago. It was in a very peaceful secluded neighborhood.

I ended up in Mallory Square and I was hoping we would stay in Key West until sundown to witness all of the sunset festivities that take place in Key West.

There were many many tours, but most passenegers would have liked to stay here longer.

The Crown and Anchor party is tonight, and there will be a Platinum / Diamond Mimosa Brunch on Thursday.

There will also be a Key West Sailaway Send-Off, and a Tropical Dance Party tonight at 11PM.

We were not allowed to leave the ship until almost 9PM due to some late Immigration Attendees.......

Grandeur of the Seas will be in Cozumel tomorrow, and the forecast clls for Sunny Sunny Hot Hot temps again.....I will try to post again tomorrow, but I will probably not be able to post any pics until Friday in Port Canaveral.

I will have a chance to tour the Sovereign of the Seaswhile in Port Canaveral and I will be happy to see the changes that have been done....(And of course I will post some pics...)

Stillfrantic....There is no Mini Golf anywhere on board this ship.......

TPKeller...Yes they snorkel right on the beach at Coco Cay...

Thanks to all for the nice comments...

We will be leaving today at 2:30 PM and I'll be back tomorrow from Cozumel..

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Early Morning in Key West....

50402961-2586-02000180-.jpg

Welcom to Key West.....

50409730-a063-02000180-.jpg

Port of Key West

50409743-5d7d-02000180-.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas in Key West

50409766-8c61-02000180-.jpg

Busy downtown Key West...

50409850-6ee4-02000180-.jpg

Radio...Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us. This is sooooo awesome!!

What plans do you have in Cozumel? Paradise Beach by any chance?

Great to see pictures of CocoCay...my favorite....Still looks beautiful!!

Thank you thank you

Too bad on the mini golf. I came across this random photo: http://community.webshots.com/photo/154745531/155071909bFDJus It is probably someone from here. The little removeable things looked like they could be fun, but I guess they wore out or were otherwise retired.

There was also 2 holes of Portable Mini Golf when I was on Grandeur in Sept. '04....

LenaDaLlama...I will be going to Paradise Beach !:)

Signal is Fading fast.....I will post tomorrow....

Radio

;)

Radio

I have a ??? on on the internet

Are you using a Verizon VZAccess PC Card or your Cell phone ???

Were you in your room on outside on the deck ???

What port were you able to get Access from ???

What speed were you getting ???

What port have Internet Cafe??? and what speed are they ??? cost ???

Thanks for any help you can give me

There was also 2 holes of Portable Mini Golf when I was on Grandeur in Sept. '04....

LenaDaLlama...I will be going to Paradise Beach !:)

Signal is Fading fast.....I will post tomorrow....

Radio

;)

On the deck above the Lido Deck, there are 2 holes on starboard side. Last year when we were on board, seas were so rough that I spent some time just watching some kids trying to play... But ultimately it is just 2 holes to put-put into. Nothing to write home about....

Archived