MDR lunch menus

Lil' Baba

Ok call me stupid but you can lunch in the mdr instead of the same ol windjammer cafe? I had no idea. Is it at an additional charge? I need a cruise guide. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

BUT, so you don't miss out read your Cruise Compass. It is available only on one level of the dining room and only for a couple of hours. The line does get long so get there early.

For example on our sailing on The Serenade , lunch on sea days, was available between Noon and 1:30 PM on Deck 4 in the Reflections Dining Room.

The desserts are better than at dinner. I like eating in the MDR better than WJ but the hours may not fit in with excursions.

Yes! I agree. The desserts in the MDR at lunch are better than at dinner. The MDR is open for lunch on sea days only, so it wouldn't interfere with excursions.

We enjoyed lunch so much on our last RC cruise on Indy.

We loved the choice that was available, the salads were delicious and we found the staff had a lot more time to chat with you.

I have some great pictures of one of the waiters with my dad and a tiny bird he made from a napkin.. He put it in a wine glass then put some brown sugar underneath to make it looked like it had pooped!!

I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed my lunches much more than most of my evening meals, although obviously this is only my opinion.

Does lunch in the MDR take as long as dinner does? Sometimes I just want to get lunch quick. I know I can go to the WJ and other places.

I've never eaten lunch or breakfast in the MDR because I thought it would take too long. Am I wrong?

In answer to your question, no. Lunch is called Brasserie 30 and the idea of it is that you can be done in 30 minutes! 😄

After all my cruises I think the only time I ate lunch in the mdr was on our 1st cruise, 14 years ago.:eek: Just wondering about the dress code, i assume shorts sandals and a t-shirt are acceptable?:confused:

Yes we went in shorts/t-shirts and sundresses on our last cruise on Indy and it was fine.

Does lunch in the MDR take as long as dinner does? Sometimes I just want to get lunch quick. I know I can go to the WJ and other places.

I've never eaten lunch or breakfast in the MDR because I thought it would take too long. Am I wrong?

As one said, it doesn't take too long. If you just do salad, it's sort of a buffet. You go pick the ingredients and they mix the salad. But mostly the waiter will take your order, including desert, and they are out very quickly. And most often they use the tables that are towards the windows so you can enjoy the beautiful ocean views.

You should also go for breakfast. Same deal. They have a buffet with cereals, fruits, pre-made omelets, scrambled eggs, and meats. Or you can order from the menu (or do both). You can get smoked salmon and bagel, an omelet made to order, eggs made to order, and a favorite, eggs benedict. They also do a "specialty" everyday, including chocolate pancakes one day. I don't eat them, but I have seen kids order them and they seem to love them. Plus french toast, etc. The service is always quick and excellent.

In answer to your question, no. Lunch is called Brasserie 30 and the idea of it is that you can be done in 30 minutes!

Lunch is definitely quicker than dinner as you order everything you want at once (appy, main, dessert), but just a note that the option of Brasserie 30 is a fixed menu, hence indeed you can be done in 30 minutes. In our experience, regular lunch doesn't really take much longer than that... but I mean... have you got somewhere to go? :p:D:p LOL

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I just want to say I'm glad I read this question/statement. In my 25 years of cruising, I have never eaten in the MDR for lunch, but this time, on the FOTS in April, I sure hope to on the sea days. That Tutti salad sounds great.:)

I love the lunch in the Main Dining Room on Sea Days. Its so relaxing to be able to enjoy a lunch with the Tutti Salad Bar. I do like the Windjammer and pool deck BBQs but my number one place is the MDR for Lunch. However on my next cruise this April on the Splendour I will also try Boardwalk Doghouse and Park Cafe as well.

The MDR also has a good breakfast as well.

Menu #1, the Raspberry-Chocolate Ganache tart, is not to be missed if you like intense chocolate. Reminds me of the Princess Love Boat dessert before they "toned it down".

Yes the Rasdpberry Chocolate Ganache tart is to die for. In fact I've been known to order two of them with Ice Cream:D

Another silly question -- which of these items are appetizers and which ones are entrées?

It's not silly, but it really doesn't matter which is which because you can order whatever looks good to you, whatever you want. :) You can ask the waiter how small or large the portions are, if that's what you mean.