Sailing on the Oasis Feb 15th..questions..

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of experts that can give me tricks and suggestions for my upcoming cruise on the Oasis.

We selected my time dinning and are wondering if we will have a hard time getting a table for 2? Not that we want to be anti social but since my boyfriend and I live 2,000 miles away we are a bit selfish with our time together when we travel!

I am also wondering about how the beach works at Labadee...do you have to pay to use certain beaches like Nellie and Columbus?

What about Falmouth? Is there a nice beach we can book an excursion to? I really dont want to travel an hour or more to get to one.

And Cozumel? I have heard people mention Nachos? (I think that is correct) Is this an excursion offered by RCI? Or do you have to book it on your own? Is it safe to take a taxi to get to these places if it is an individual thing? How much does it cost?

Sorry for all the questions!! Just trying to get my ducks in a row!! :)

Enjoy your reunion!

First, you can absolutely be seated as 2 in the dining room. If you pre reserve your times, or will ask you "seated by ourselves" or "seated with others" or something like that! Just select to dine by yourselves. If you choose to just turn up at MTD, tell the. Maître d you want to sit alone. Most times that's easiest for them anyway!

On Labadee there are no "pay beaches", but you can book a cabana ahead of time if they are available. Did I see your post says you leave nExt week? It's quite unlikely you will get one now. Check the excursion desk once you board and see if you can book one. If you have. At true suite (grand suite or larger ) you can have the concierge book one for you if available on the gold card exclusive beach at LaBadee

I can't help with Falmouth- but I may be going soon and a friend wants us to take this excursion - liberty blue hole- google it, it looks like fun!

As for Cozumel, NAchi cocom is a nice place- about 50 bucks a person, but you get all you care to eat and drink, and it's a little more "adult'. Paradise beach is more kidsy, but you can find a quiet spot and it's only 2-4 bucks for the day- they hope you'll drink and eat- ala carte, but no one checks! Check Mr Sanchos too, it's near Nachi, and some like it better! In Cozumel it's very safe to cab-there is a taxi stand right outside the terminal; the prices are regulated and Nachi will be about 20 bucks, paradise is about $12-15 cab fare, and it's very easy getting a cab back- these places will wave one over for you to get back. Bring cash, they take USDs. But have small bills- they never seem to have change:rolleyes:

Have fun!

Edited by Familygoboston

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of experts that can give me tricks and suggestions for my upcoming cruise on the Oasis.

We selected my time dinning and are wondering if we will have a hard time getting a table for 2? Not that we want to be anti social but since my boyfriend and I live 2,000 miles away we are a bit selfish with our time together when we travel!

I am also wondering about how the beach works at Labadee...do you have to pay to use certain beaches like Nellie and Columbus?

What about Falmouth? Is there a nice beach we can book an excursion to? I really dont want to travel an hour or more to get to one.

And Cozumel? I have heard people mention Nachos? (I think that is correct) Is this an excursion offered by RCI? Or do you have to book it on your own? Is it safe to take a taxi to get to these places if it is an individual thing? How much does it cost?

Sorry for all the questions!! Just trying to get my ducks in a row!! :)

Hi fellow New Yorker :) there is a hotel excursion you can book online call the Hilton Rose in Jamaica I went there on my last cruise and going again 3 weeks after you they provide transportation to and from ship, includes unlimited drinks and food nice resort just do a search online for it. Mr Sanchos is really nice better beach then Jamaica also includes drinks/food take taxi right from port it's around 15 minutes away I have recommended to alot of my friends they all loved it there. Enjoy the best ship ever!!! :)

No trouble AT ALL getting a table for two. Be advised, the tables are somewhat close together. Can't help with port information. We were having so much fun on the ship, we only got off in Labadee. Oasis is an INCREDIBLE ship... Hope you have as good a time as we did.