zuiderdam, formal nights and best time to

vicocala

hit the Pinnacle resteraunt. I will be making an Eastern Carib itenerary. Lots of folks are going to be getting a free Pinnacle experience, including myself. We also want to partake in both formal nights. I would appreciate knowing which nights exactly are the formal nights on that itenterary as well as best days and times to book my Pinnacle reservation.

Thanks in advance :)

Normally your sea days would be your formal evenings. I like to enjoy an evening at the Pinnacle Grill as well, I make reservations for the first evening as its half price, $10 instead of the usual $20 per person. I call Ship's Services to make my reservation so that I am not disappointed. Be aware the Pinnacle Grill usually books up early, so book early to get the day and time you want. Its truly a wonderful experience, hope you enjoy it.

Doone,

Thanks, but I already called ships services and they will not allow me to book the Pinnacle until I am on board and have my free Pinnacle information which is to be in my cabin on arrival. I plan to head to the reservation desk as soon as I can get into my room to get it.

The captian's reception is on Monday, so would I be safe to say that is the first formal night? According to Candy's menus, surf and turf is on Thursday so would that be the second formal night?

If those are correct, which night is more likely to get me an early seating usually? Monday, Wednesday or Friday?

Thanks!

hit the Pinnacle resteraunt. I will be making an Eastern Carib itenerary...snip... I would appreciate knowing which nights exactly are the formal nights on that itenterary as well as best days and times to book my Pinnacle reservation. Thanks in advance :)
Formal nights were Monday and Thursday on my May Zuidy EastCarib. The Pinnacle menu is the same all week. The links to both menus (although we are certain they may have been changed since then) is in my sig below. Perhaps you can choose a night when the offerings don't appeal to you. I'd recommend the Planked Halibut or Shrimp, Petit Filet, Chocolate Volcano and Creme Brulee... I can taste it now!

Candy <-- will be there again in 24 days

Vicocala, yes I think its perfectly safe to assume those will be your formal evenings. Pick any other day for your Pinnacle Grill experience. They probably won't let you book your reservations ahead due to it being free. Enjoy and I agree with Candy, get that chocolate volcano cake for dessert, its absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicocala, please enjoy your night at the Pinnacle. I think one point that seems to get overlooked on these boards is how awsome the servers are in the Pinnacle Grill. They really go out of their way to make sure you have an outstanding dining experience. Thanks to Pinnacle Grill staff, we had one of our best meals at sea ever. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 1/7/2006

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

RCI 2 times Song of America and Monarch of the Seas

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Vicocala,

We chose Wed nite for our trip to the Pinnacle. Monday and Thursday are formal nites, and Tues is the deck nite party on Eastern Car. cruise. We did not want to schedule Pinnacle for Friday nite, being as it is the last night we were with our dinner partners and waiters. Wednesday suited our schedule the best, and we made reservations for 8 PM so we would not be rushed with our St Thomas/St John excursion. Hope this helps!

PS--I loved the Baked Alaska, which was flambed' at our table.:)

I have a similar question about when to book the Pinnacle Grill, so I hope no one minds if I butt in on this thread. I have booked the Renewel of Vows package for our cruise on Zuiderdam in Oct. as surprise to my DW, and I was wondering when to book the Pinnacle Grill. My first thought was to book it on the evening when the ROV ceremony is performed, but according to some Zuiderdam reviews this is during the Thursday formal evening. I really didn't want to miss dining in the dining room on the formal night, but I just thought it would be a great ending to the ROV ceremony having dinner in the Pinnacle. I would greatly appreciate others opinions. Thanks,

Richard

Archived