OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

I just can't get over how much better the new cabin color schemes look! I don't miss all the aqua and peach!:rolleyes:

Wow! Until you mentioned it I had forgotten about the peach colored doors :)

Yes, it is way better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have not been to Barcelona before. Our ship actually has an overnight there the last night. We've planned to do Montserrat on our own on Wednesday then back to the ship. Thursday we will debark, check in our apartment which is near Sagrada and just do some sightseeing. Friday we are planning to tour Sagrada with pre purchased tickets.

We started as 2 couples to celebrate our friends anniversary & it has now morphed to 16 of us! We will be looking for a place to do an all-inclusive tapas/wine dinner on Friday evening as a group before we all travel home. We have people coming from Texas, Indiana & Alabama (all related by marriage or family friends). If you know of some place that wouldn't be too awfully expensive, I'd appreciate a recommendation.

Also if there are any other must-eat places let me know!

Here is one must-eat place

http://4gats.com/

More of the RFS:

Bathroom #2 with Shower:

IMG_0521_zps70f9bf90.jpg

Bedroom #2

IMG_0523_zps7d073061.jpg

IMG_0522_zps96d4271a.jpg

Balcony (their only complaint about the room was that no portion of the balcony was covered. Therefore when it rained, everything was wet, and when it was sunny there was no access to shade at all. Also the lack of privacy was another concern for this particular balcony since the ones above looked right down on it.

IMG_0525_zps07a41487.jpg

IMG_0526_zps53e0ddd6.jpg

ace1zoe2 - I suggest that you contact Barcelona Taste for your dinner on Friday night. We had one of the most enjoyable tours ever with Jo and Joe.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187497-d1785703-Reviews-The_Barcelona_Taste-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

http://thebarcelonataste.com/

We also did a tour like this in Rome that was outstanding for the history, good food, but not as much fun as we had with Barcelona Taste. :D

http://www.foodtoursofrome.com/

For Montserrat...are you taking the train? Be prepared for multiple stops, beautiful views and crowds of people both on the train and at the monastery. :eek:

We are doing the pre & post cruise on our own. We have rented an apartment for 2 nights at a Tuscan villa which used to be a monastery and is a vineyard. Then we'll go back to Rome where we also rented an apartment for 2 nights. It is located right across from the Vatican. Then we will cruise for 8 nights with 7 port days & only 1 sea day and end up in Barcelona where we also rented an apartment for 2 nights.

I'd love to know where you booked your villa in Tuscany, Rome and Barcelona for 2 nights. Everything we have found has a minimum of 4 nights. :( We booked an apartment in Paris and had to pay for a night that we didn't use. Still less for two couples than staying in hotel rooms, though. :)

BTW - How was the entertainment on the Navigator. I don't recall you mentioning it, or perhaps you have not written that part of the review. :o

Edited by Iamthesea

ace1zoe2 - I suggest that you contact Barcelona Taste for your dinner on Friday night. We had one of the most enjoyable tours ever with Jo and Joe.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187497-d1785703-Reviews-The_Barcelona_Taste-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

For Montserrat...are you taking the train? Be prepared for multiple stops, beautiful views and crowds of people both on the train and at the monastery. :eek:

I'd love to know where you booked your villa in Tuscany, Rome and Barcelona for 2 nights. Everything we have found has a minimum of 4 nights. :( We booked an apartment in Paris and had to pay for a night that we didn't use. Still less for two couples than staying in hotel rooms, though. :)

BTW - How was the entertainment on the Navigator. I don't recall you mentioning it, or perhaps you have not written that part of the review. :o

Yes, we are doing Montserrat on our own with the train and the total ticket (not including meal). We are only planning on doing this on one day and nothing else so that we will have time to enjoy it.

Here are the units we have reserved:

Tuscany (right outside Siena) we are staying in the 2B/2B Il Priore:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p824912

Rome is right across from the Vatican Museum (we're super excited about the private Terrace to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening):

http://www.vrbo.com/912861ha

Barcelona is a block or so from Sagrada:

http://www.vrbo.com/452999

We booked all of them about last May for Oct 14. I think we are also in the off season and there may have been a 3 day min in the summer months.

We really enjoyed all of the entertainment on the NOS. The ice show was outstanding, the headliners were all good. I had no complaints at all.

Thank you so much for your review and pictures so far. We are boarding this Sunday and even though I've been on the NOS twice before, I'm just so excited to get away .. especially from this weather in New York. :eek:

I also like the new color scheme and happy the tables are gone - especially since we are in an interior cabin this time. We usually shove it in the closet for the whole cruise. :D

I also like the new color scheme and happy the tables are gone - especially since we are in an interior cabin this time. We usually shove it in the closet for the whole cruise. :D

Looking at the pictures of the RFS, it looks like the coffee tables are even gone from the big suites.:( I like the large ottoman in the RFS though. That would easily hold a room service tray.

I've stayed in accessible JS 1244 with a handicapped relative on a first-generation Voyager-class ship (Voyager OTS and have video of this on
, if it helps?

I'm not sure how different the accessible JS is on 2nd-generation Voyager-class ships such as Navigator OTS, other than the different location/number and balcony design (not enclosed in the ship superstructure).

Thank you so much for sharing. Do you recall if that was a sofa BED in the cabin?

Holy Canoli what a review! I feel like I have been on the new Navigator myself with all these great pictures! Thanks for sharing them and being so in depth with the pics :)

So much for your kind words. Appreciate the positive feedback... Makes all the time & effort worthwhile :)

Thank you so much for your review and pictures so far. We are boarding this Sunday and even though I've been on the NOS twice before, I'm just so excited to get away .. especially from this weather in New York. :eek:

Thank you for following along! We came home to freezing weather in the 20's last night & ice this morning. Sure miss the 84 we had in Cozumel!

Try this link...there are some pictures of 1308 on the Mariner. 1608 on the Navigator should be the mirror image.

http://www.david-and-francesca.com/cruises/Cruise_2006.htm

Cindy, Thank you so much for taking the time to help us with this. Yes they really do need to update the pictures. I would just feel better seeing the cabin in real time, just to be certain. I'm not as worried, since it is a Jr suite, surely we can make it work considering it sleeps 5. We are excited about our first JR Suite. Believe it or not there were no accessibe cabins available for Oct, so they upgraded us to a JR suite. Said that was their policy. I had no idea. I have to admit I'm a little worried their going to come back and say they made a mistake, and take it away.LOL I hope not we are really excited. Thanks again.

Our cruise is 10/29/14-11/6/14. We booked our trip back in Oct 2012 about 2 years in advance! I always try to book as soon as the schedule is released because 1) the price is usually at it's lowest and tends to increase as time goes on and 2) so that we can get our choice of cabins.

We always book using a Next Cruise Certificate (which can be purchased onboard any cruise for $100) that covers one of our deposits and pay $100 for the second person when we decide on a date. The NCC also gives us $100 onboard credit for a 7 day cruise. More for longer cruises, less for shorter cruises. This also allows you to pay a total of $200 in deposits ($100 for the certificate & $100 at booking) instead of $250-$450 per person all at once.

After booking you have nothing due until final payment date... so you could put money away each payday in savings or I just pay pay every 2 weeks towards my cruise until it is paid off. I normally figure out how many pay days I have until my cruise and thats the amount that I pay.

Can I ask if you book directly with RCI then? If so are all the cabins available online when the cruise first gets posted? Also, I didn't think they planned cruises that far out but maybe that's just for the shorter cruises. Is there a way to know when the next cruises, say July of 2015, come out or do they just show up on the website? Sorry, I know that was a lot of questions. And thanks again for such a great review. I just enjoyed every minute even the anticipation!

Thank you for following along! We came home to freezing weather in the 20's last night & ice this morning. Sure miss the 84 we had in Cozumel!

Me too Cindy!!! It's really nasty here!

After reading about your Med plans, I don't think I will be going any too soon....sounds sooooo complicated! Will wait until you do your review to make any plans.

Pics are amazing as usual.

Me too Cindy!!! It's really nasty here!

After reading about your Med plans, I don't think I will be going any too soon....sounds sooooo complicated! Will wait until you do your review to make any plans.

Pics are amazing as usual.

Thanks Becci. Appreciate the compliment.

Planning for the Med is complicated. I have a 2page spreadsheet already ;)

Thanks Becci. Appreciate the compliment.

Planning for the Med is complicated. I have a 2page spreadsheet already ;)

haha, I have never seriously considered a Med cruise just because it seemed to be complicated. Now that I know I will have your pre planning and post cruise review to study I am thinking it may be something we do ! Thanks.

(changed username from poke6908 to Larry&Darla because after my wife enjoyed the cabin crawl so much she now wants to read along on here)

Can I ask if you book directly with RCI then? If so are all the cabins available online when the cruise first gets posted? Also, I didn't think they planned cruises that far out but maybe that's just for the shorter cruises. Is there a way to know when the next cruises, say July of 2015, come out or do they just show up on the website? Sorry, I know that was a lot of questions. And thanks again for such a great review. I just enjoyed every minute even the anticipation!

Here is a link to the upcoming deployment schedule:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Yes, I always book directly with RCI either online or by phone. Most schedules are at least 12-18 months in advance.

If a room you want is not showing available you can call & they will tell you if it is or not. You can also get on a wait list for a particular room & if someone cancels or moves cabins they will contact you.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. If I don't know the answer someone else will :)

haha, I have never seriously considered a Med cruise just because it seemed to be complicated. Now that I know I will have your pre planning and post cruise review to study I am thinking it may be something we do ! Thanks.

(changed username from poke6908 to Larry&Darla because after my wife enjoyed the cabin crawl so much she now wants to read along on here)

Thanks Larry!

If you ever consider Alaska, an Alaskan Cruisetour or Canada/New England, please check out my previous reviews located in my signature. Those reviews make this one look like I've told you nothing ;)

We have not been to Barcelona before. Our ship actually has an overnight there the last night. We've planned to do Montserrat on our own on Wednesday then back to the ship. Thursday we will debark, check in our apartment which is near Sagrada and just do some sightseeing. Friday we are planning to tour Sagrada with pre purchased tickets.

We started as 2 couples to celebrate our friends anniversary & it has now morphed to 16 of us! We will be looking for a place to do an all-inclusive tapas/wine dinner on Friday evening as a group before we all travel home. We have people coming from Texas, Indiana & Alabama (all related by marriage or family friends). If you know of some place that wouldn't be too awfully expensive, I'd appreciate a recommendation.

Also if there are any other must-eat places let me know!

First off, thanks for the awesome pictorial review. Not only the time to write it but also the time of taking the pictures so all of us can "cruise along".

In regards to Europe, we spent a week in Rome last year and ate at some amazing places:

Near the Vatican:

Ristocchio - probably our best meal - though the chef/owner is very traditional and does not serve Americanized versions of Italian (i.e. no spaghetti and meatballs). Also trust the recommendations for wine etc…

Near the Pantheon: Armando Al Pantheon - excellent Roman cuisine - though in a touristy area, this is an excellent restaurant that caters to locals.

In Trastevere: Piazza al Marmi: fantastic pizza in a city of good pizza. Open only for dinner.

Gelato: Frigidarium in old town near Piazza Navona

In Barcelona we had a really good Tapas meal at Taller de Tapas - several locations around the city. We went to the location north of Las Ramblas.

Thanks again...