OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Thank you for the great review. We will be on the Navigator in early June. In the past on Freedom class ships suite guests were allowed to eat breakfast/Lunch in Giovannis (sic) and Diamond and above could eat breakfast/lunch in Chop's. Did you notice anything similar on the Navigator? It was nice to have a quite place away from the Windjammer to eat.

Thanks, it's a place that i've only heard about(knock on wood), but hope we never have to visit.

I agree with you houston...this review is the FIRST time that I've ever read about someone having a truly positive experience in the "infirmary"...LOL

Up to this point, I had pretty much planned to keep any future accidents/illnesses confined to my cabin :D

I'm glad to know that the medical staff treated her well!

Thank you for the great review. We will be on the Navigator in early June. In the past on Freedom class ships suite guests were allowed to eat breakfast/Lunch in Giovannis (sic) and Diamond and above could eat breakfast/lunch in Chop's. Did you notice anything similar on the Navigator? It was nice to have a quite place away from the Windjammer to eat.

Paul,

I'm sorry. I did not notice this one way or the other. We were traveling with 2 couples who had never cruised RCI before so we only went by the DL on the way to dinner for a drink.

I bet there's another Diamond or above that will answer your question shortly.

I still have lots more pics & compasses to post. Hopefully after work today. :)

Thank you Cindy for the great review with awesome pics! I just got all the way through and now I can't wait until our cruise in March. Izumi looks and sounds wonderful. Thank you for those menus! I am impressed by all the choices. Hope your foot is all better now!:)

Sorry to hijack the thread about the accessible cabins... but this post has me curious... We have been booking any available accessible cabin for our cruises... my mom need the rails in the bathroom, raised toilet, and roll in shower (has difficulty walking). You said your previous accessible cabin on the Oasis was not sufficient... can you let me know the problems. We have an accessible cabin on Oasis and I'm just hoping these cabins are as described in the 'book'.

Good to know they upgraded you to a JS... that wouldn't work for us because JS only have a bathtub... no walk in shower.

What ever info you can give me about the Oasis accessible cabins will help.

Again... sorry to post this here... I wish we had a way to private message questions so far off topic.

The Problem we had with our Oasis cabin was due to the accommodations we were given. We travel with my son who requires a wheelchair, and is ill. We were supposed to have an accessible balcony cabin, with a full size sofa bed. What we received was a single pull out chair bed that no one would really expect to have to sleep on. It was quite an ordeal, but that is why there is a note on the website, to verify what sleeping accommodations will be in your accessible cabin. This is why I like to see actual pictures of the exact cabin that we am getting. Not having what we need, can really mess up a vacation huh:)

The JR Suite we are getting, is supposed to be an accessible JR Suite with a roll in shower and fully accessible. Its cabin #1608.

P1010148_zps9a059172.jpg

P1010144_zpsf7dbd220.jpg

P1010147_zps8d7e2184.jpg

JR_zps1b895cf8.jpg

JR2_zps0ab872cd.jpg

Johnny Rockets has a $5 cover charge. For that fee you can have as many burgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rings & desserts as you can hold! Fountain drinks and milkshakes are extra. The shakes are right at $6 & with the 15% added gratuity it was closer to $7.

The guys went there one day for lunch and they said the burgers were good. Us girls went to Izumi and it was awesome!

Hello! We are sailing on NOS in March. I was wondering if you would just tell me about Phil? What makes you love him? I LOVE the Schooner Bar! Especially if lots of fun people there. We had a guy named Patrice once on the Liberty of the Seas and he was the best I ever had..lol! Just curious about Phil. Thank you!

Phil is a blast to listen to, he plays a good variety of music, loves to let people sing and just generally encourages everybody to have a good time, exactly what a piano bar should be to me.

You can find some video of him on youtube which will give you some idea of his performance but the video/audio in them isn't as good as hearing it onboard.

search for Phil Anderson Piano Bar and several will show up.

Hope this helps, my wife and I loved it enough that we stayed until closing every night he was in there.

Phil is a blast to listen to, he plays a good variety of music, loves to let people sing and just generally encourages everybody to have a good time, exactly what a piano bar should be to me.

You can find some video of him on youtube which will give you some idea of his performance but the video/audio in them isn't as good as hearing it onboard.

Hope this helps, my wife and I loved it enough that we stayed until closing every night he was in there.

Yes, this helps, thank you so much. I will look him up on youtube. We would have probably been right there with you until the end ;):D

Chops is my favorite specialty restaurant at sea. We will definitely be eating there. I am just disappointed to hear that they have removed the white tablecloths. I like that look and will miss it. Thanks for the menus Cindy!

P1010113_zps82a9023c.jpg

Open Skating:

P1010115_zpscd881190.jpg

Ice Show:

I cannot say enough about the ice show... it was wonderful. It's amazing how they can do the things they do in such a limited amount of space and on a moving ship! The guest entertainer on the ring was unbelievable!

IMG_0746_zps6e1abe8e.jpg

IMG_0738_zps7d7b4797.jpg

IMG_0720_zps6517b15b.jpg

IMG_0758_zps53b984a3.jpg

The Problem we had with our Oasis cabin was due to the accommodations we were given. We travel with my son who requires a wheelchair, and is ill. We were supposed to have an accessible balcony cabin, with a full size sofa bed. What we received was a single pull out chair bed that no one would really expect to have to sleep on. It was quite an ordeal, but that is why there is a note on the website, to verify what sleeping accommodations will be in your accessible cabin. This is why I like to see actual pictures of the exact cabin that we am getting. Not having what we need, can really mess up a vacation huh:)

The JR Suite we are getting, is supposed to be an accessible JR Suite with a roll in shower and fully accessible. Its cabin #1608.

I'm so glad you were able to secure the accessible JR Suite -- And now I understand the problems with the cabin on your previous cruise. I'm just glad to know that it wasn't a fixture problem, as it is just the two of us cruising... but with 5 in a cabin... and the wheelchair... and not enough usable beds... that is a problem. I've never been in a JR Suite that did not have a sofa bed. I hope you can find a picture to ease your mind. Enjoy your cruise!!

Okay, I will be dining at Chops, just to try the Liquid Center Chocolate Banana Cake :D

Are the items with an asterisk the upcharge items? The kobe aged beef burger sounds great too...

I did not eat at Chop's on this sailing. In the past everything in the menu was included. I have read on a couple of posts that says there are some items with an up charge on top of the cover price.

Cindy... OUCH!!! But you look so good sitting on that gurney!! But OUCH!!! Hope you are healing well... and thanks so much for the info and pictures. I loved the Navigator -- and would love to sail her again... but Galveston is just a little far for us to cruise the Caribbean when we can pick up any number of ships close to home. Thanks for letting me see her again!!

Exactly this :) When we went on the Mariner in 2012, it was just hubby and I, and we frequently stayed until closing. It felt like "home". If we had a piano bar like that close to our house, we might be broke ;)

We'd talked up our whole "Schooner Bar" experience to my parents and inlaws (they'd both been before, but we were really saying how much fun we'd had) and then we got someone who was the exact opposite. It put a "dent" in our cruise (okay not really) to not have "our spot". ;)

Such fabulous new décor everywhere you look...then there's the CL.:rolleyes: I guess I know which lounge I'll be spending most of my time in!:D

Not that I have a choice in the future for many more cruises (still not sure why we had access this time) but I would definitely go with the Diamond Lounge with the amazing Ocean View and the available outdoor seating!

Such fabulous new décor everywhere you look...then there's the CL.:rolleyes: I guess I know which lounge I'll be spending most of my time in!:D

When on the Mariner after it's dry dock added Diamond Lounge, several Diamond + opted to come to the Diamond Lounge rather than the CL. We had an opportunity to see the CL and then understood why. Definitely a much better view in the DL!

Thank you Cindy for all the pics and a great review!! We are very excited as we are sailing on NOS in September. We have sailed on her once prior and love the Voyager Class of ships. We sail on Explorer this coming Sunday (the cleanest ship in the fleet post noro break out...lol). We are really looking forward to trying Sabor as we love Royals other speciality offerings!! We will have to also give Chops new menu a go too. We were lucky to snag an aft balcony cabin 1390. We have always wanted to try one and cruise #25 will be our first aft. Did you find that your aft balcony had more vibration than other parts of the ship? Would you book an aft again?

Thank you Cindy for all the pics and a great review!! We are very excited as we are sailing on NOS in September. We have sailed on her once prior and love the Voyager Class of ships. We sail on Explorer this coming Sunday (the cleanest ship in the fleet post noro break out...lol). We are really looking forward to trying Sabor as we love Royals other speciality offerings!! We will have to also give Chops new menu a go too. We were lucky to snag an aft balcony cabin 1390. We have always wanted to try one and cruise #25 will be our first aft. Did you find that your aft balcony had more vibration than other parts of the ship? Would you book an aft again?

I never notice any more vibration than when we've stayed in regular cabins. This was our 4th time in an aft and we have another booked, so I guess that should answer that question :)

We prefer the corner afts (3 of the 4 times we've had one) but will take one of the center afts if that's all that's available.

On Voyager class our favorite has probably been 7688 with the giant port hole on the side & open back. It's partly covered & has a HUGE balcony.

We have JS 1100 reserved for our upcoming Med cruise. We've never stayed higher than deck 9 so we're looking forward to trying it out.

Paul,

I'm sorry. I did not notice this one way or the other. We were traveling with 2 couples who had never cruised RCI before so we only went by the DL on the way to dinner for a drink.

I bet there's another Diamond or above that will answer your question shortly.

I still have lots more pics & compasses to post. Hopefully after work today. :)

They were doing this but in Chops starboard side on several occasions. Also on cavitation vibration etc. We visited aft cabin 6692 and didn't notice any, but every time we went up to Viking Crown especially in Izumi the thing was really vibrating???

Edited by BecciBoo