In a Suite taking non Suite guests

I have read some comments from people saying they have seen non Diamond + / Diamond people in the Concierge lounge and Diamond Lounge. My question would be: How did you know they weren't CL or DL worthy or not? Did someone say something? Did they yell out loud they weren't supposed to be there? Or did you over hear them ask permission when they come in? Just asking. Curious if there is a certain "persona" people let off that are D,D+, etc or not???

I've often wondered this too. How does anyone know who is or isn't supposed to be in a particular lounge? How do these people seem to know everyone else's business? I couldn't tell you what my neighbor on any cruise, ever, looked like let alone what status they are.

I've often wondered this too. How does anyone know who is or isn't supposed to be in a particular lounge? How do these people seem to know everyone else's business? I couldn't tell you what my neighbor on any cruise, ever, looked like let alone what status they are.

A little story;

Supposedly there was a Pinnacle member boarding the next cruise that no one knew who it was. Grilled the concierge for a name and was pleased to hear the concierge say they did not know-when in reality they know names as this one sent out the welcome e-mail prior to your sailing.:cool:

Some guests need to know everything, everyone and tell you what you can and can not do.:rolleyes: Luckily-you can always find the polar opposites and have a good time!!:D

people will brag about sidestepping the stated rules. and yes I have overheard the request made in the CL. on one occasion it was denied, on another it was granted( same Concierge, different cruises)

and once we had an issues with the automatic door being busted.. it would not work with the card scanner, so it remained open. during the day nobody really cared, most people who wandered in were just curious, peeked in and immediately left. one or two asked me how to get access( I told them) and that was that. however as the day wore on and maintenance still had not arrived, when the Concierge returned to man the desk for the evening cocktail hour, he was very obviously heading unfamiliar faces off at the pass.

so yes it does happen

people residing at the same address can be linked and granted the same status( but will have to accrue points on their own) yes even non married partners. adult children lose any linked status once they are 18.

Inquired for my other adult child (Diamond) who is traveling with a partner, non married, but living at the same address. We were told that the partner will not have the C&A status until after the first RCCL cruse and may in fact be denied access to the lounge.

Called twice and got the same info! I guess they will see once they are on board.

M