Royal Princess Deck 9

We are about to sign up for the Baltic cruise on the Royal Princess and have noticed that Deck 9 has many more cabins still available than are available on the higher decks. Deck 8 is all cabins, so we are wondering if anyone has any ideas on why Deck 9 would be less desirable than 10-14? Any thoughts on balcony or deluxe balcony cabins to avoid?

Deck 8 rooms have lifeboats blocking the lower half of the balcony view. We are booked on deck 9 on the Royal for her March 30 voyage so hopefully it is a good level! Seems that the higher levels are always more desirable!

We enjoyed 18 nights on the Royal in the Med & TA...D508...and had no problems. Most of the time at sea it was so calm it didn't feel like we were at sea. ;)

This is good to know. We have rooms D518, 520 & 522 booked!

This is good to know. We have rooms D518, 520 & 522 booked!

Hopefully you'll have the same experience & we used our couch more than the balcony. For us the balcony size was okay (even enjoyed a UBD) but facing south for the TA most of the time it was too hot in the direct sunlight which I need to minimize due to health reasons.

Sorry - this has nothing to do with Deck 9 but. . . . . . Has anyone used the laundry rooms on the Royal? I've heard you can use your room key to pay to wash your clothes instead of using quarters. Is this true? I think using your room key would be better & easier than carrying around quarters. How much does it cost to wash & dry one load?

Also, I understand that you have to put your room key in a slot to turn on the lights in the cabin. To turn them off you take it out. Question: do ALL of the lights turn one & off with the room key? Or can you just turn the bathroom light on without putting your key in the slot?

Thank you for your help! :)

Sorry - this has nothing to do with Deck 9 but. . . . . . Has anyone used the laundry rooms on the Royal? I've heard you can use your room key to pay to wash your clothes instead of using quarters. Is this true? I think using your room key would be better & easier than carrying around quarters. How much does it cost to wash & dry one load?

Also, I understand that you have to put your room key in a slot to turn on the lights in the cabin. To turn them off you take it out. Question: do ALL of the lights turn one & off with the room key? Or can you just turn the bathroom light on without putting your key in the slot?

Thank you for your help! :)

I didn't use the Royal's laundromat but you need to insert a card into the slot for cabin power. Any credit card sized object will work & it doesn't have to be your cabin card.

:)

$2.00 for each, wash and dry, so $4.00 total. There is also laundry detergent available to purchase. I took Tide Pods along in a zip lock baggie to avoid additional cost. No quarters, use your room key to buy tokens for the machines.

HTH