Coffee card for Gelato on Royal

alexmom

We can get free ice cream cones anytime on the Sapphire.

At dinner time you can create your own sundae. I like to order the Kid's

menu ice cream named the VOLCANO. It is a large bowl of ice cream, whipped cream, sliced banana, chocolate surup and sprinkles on top.

You are talking about soft serve; they are referring to gelato at the IC. Very different. Gelato is not free on any ship.

Will I be able to use my existng coffee card that still has punches for Gellato or do you have to purchase the cafe Select card? My coffee card was purchased before they went to sailing specific cards.

You can use an "old" coffee card (from previous cruise) for anything that requires a punch. The only thing you can't use an old coffee card for is unlimited brewed coffee...

It is one punch per order for gelato - three scoops - my daughter and I often shared one gelato order - two separate cups too! - with no problem and still for one punch

Thank you for this information. My husband and I often split an order of ice cream and with 3 scoops, we'll certainly have enough to share

The Royal is different since it's all 2.75 or one punch. For that you can get plain or a heaping sundae with zillions of toppings. Only thing that's more if you add liquor. My husband had a HUGE banana split;one punch.

This card looks to be the best deal aboard the Royal ! I think I will get 2 cards-one for me and one for them !

The alcoholic sundaes were pretty tasty, especially the Irish Creme sundae!

:D

Thanks for the info and the pretty pictures. I will get my own card for after dinner espressos and dry cappuccinos and still have plenty of punches for crepes and that Nutella thingie you had 2 of on your cruise !!

One could gain a ton just looking at this. Fortunately I'm not an ice cream eater. :D

Nor am I but we used one of our coffee card punches and had a banana split at the Gelato bar on the Royal. Very very yummy (it was so large we could barely finish it) :eek:

Just last week on the Crown they would not give us gelato in the IC for a punch of the coffee card. Insisted that they couldn't do it and charged us $1.50. I tried to explain that it was a better deal for them, but no they wouldn't do it. I still have a cc from CB with punches left and a new one from this cruise. Guess I won't bother getting one for the next cruise!

Just last week on the Crown they would not give us gelato in the IC for a punch of the coffee card. Insisted that they couldn't do it and charged us $1.50. I tried to explain that it was a better deal for them, but no they wouldn't do it. I still have a cc from CB with punches left and a new one from this cruise. Guess I won't bother getting one for the next cruise!

Yes, it's only an option at the Royal's Gelato ice cream shop.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 months later...

We're on a 10 day Royal next year. Know we will need 2 cards. Love the gelato. Perfect snack after return to ship. We usually share one on a 7 day, but using it in the ice cream parlor will be great. So easy and love the specialty coffees.

Our cruise is so far away. The banana split would be a great lunch alone.

We're on a 10 day Royal next year. Know we will need 2 cards. Love the gelato. Perfect snack after return to ship. We usually share one on a 7 day, but using it in the ice cream parlor will be great. So easy and love the specialty coffees.

The ice cream creations at Gelato were quite large and sometimes we would split one between the two of us & in the afternoon they also offered crepes as an option.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My husband had one of those gigantic banana splits and since I would never ever look at one of those, he managed to eat the whole thing himself. What a guy! :D

When we were on the Royal in October my wife was disappointed that the crepes were not available until later in the afternoon. :(

We were on the Royal March 23. The Crepes were only available on sea days from 2:30-4:00! So sad because they were SO DELICIOUS! :)

• 5 months later...
For 2 coffee card punches at Gelato you can get an alcoholic ice cream drink or for 1 punch get crepes...au natural, a la mode, nutty banana or spiced Washington apple.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know what some of the alcoholic ice cream drinks are? I'm finding this information very useful for our Regal cruise next month! :)

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know what some of the alcoholic ice cream drinks are? I'm finding this information very useful for our Regal cruise next month! :)

I just got on the Royal and they have a "Irish Sundae" & a "Frangelico Sundae".