Explorer heat

LES1JOAN

We are sailing on Explorer this Sunday. If anyone has been on Explorer in the past few weeks out of Bayonne, please let us know how the interior heat was in cabins and public areas. When we are inside the first and last day or so do we need warm clothes or do they keep it warm enough for summer casual like we would wear in Florida and the Bahamas?

We are sailing on Explorer this Sunday. If anyone has been on Explorer in the past few weeks out of Bayonne, please let us know how the interior heat was in cabins and public areas. When we are inside the first and last day or so do we need warm clothes or do they keep it warm enough for summer casual like we would wear in Florida and the Bahamas?

It's usually very comfortable inside. They run the heat while in cold regions. I have never needed a sweater anywhere onboard. I change for dinner the first night into summer clothes and only wear my winter clothes to board and debark in the cold weather. We've been on EX in Nov and Mar so we've had cold weather.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because I tend to be very hot-natured, but I found Explorer during boarding to run very cold, even all the way up to the Viking Crown, as if the heater was just overwhelmed in a driving snowstorm boarding people.

Once we left Bayonne, my opinion shifted within hours, a ship I found way too cold now felt way too hot. By the first morning, it settled into something I considered uncomfortably warm but not unbearable, which likely means normal people were happily warm.

You can adjust the temperature in your cabins to your own preference. We were on Explorer in December and adjusted several times to be comfortable.