2015 Norway itineraries

Pluto_fan

Hello fellow cruisers!

We are hoping to take a cruise to Norway in 2015 (probably June, but definitely June-August). I've been checking every day (some days more than once :rolleyes:) to see which cruise lines have released their itineraries. Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this! I thought it might be fun and possibly helpful to start a thread to list which lines have released Norway itineraries for summer 2015. Please add to the list as you find them. So far, I've seen:

Hurtigruten: too many to count!

Regent: a couple long sailings

Azamara: one sailing in July

Crystal: one sailing in July

Silversea: nine sailings on three different ships

Holland America: six itineraries on the Prinsendam, ranging from 14 to 35 nights

Norwegian: two sailings on the Star, a 7-night and a 14-night

For us, the only ones in our price range are NCL and possibly Hurtigruten. I'm anxiously awaiting the publishing of itineraries by the other cruise lines. Anyone else? :)

Hello fellow cruisers!

We are hoping to take a cruise to Norway in 2015 (probably June, but definitely June-August). I've been checking every day (some days more than once :rolleyes:) to see which cruise lines have released their itineraries. Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this! I thought it might be fun and possibly helpful to start a thread to list which lines have released Norway itineraries for summer 2015. Please add to the list as you find them. So far, I've seen:

Holland America: six itineraries on the Prinsendam, ranging from 14 to 35 nights

For us, the only ones in our price range are NCL and possibly Hurtigruten. I'm anxiously awaiting the publishing of itineraries by the other cruise lines. Anyone else? :)

On Hurtigruten you won't have a lot of time in port. On some days they up 9 ports in 24 hours . They probably stop long enough to off load cargo and passengers. They seem to start in Bergen (not Oslo) and end in Kirkenes.

Hello fellow cruisers!

This is a good thread.

Hurtigruten are working ships which sails year round from Bergen to Kirkenes and back.

You can stay on for the entire voyage or parts of the trip. Even a few hours.

The ships visits ports during the day and also a night. The port time range from 30/45 minutes to a few hours.

Hurtigruten sell themselves as cruises but they are not cruises in the traditional way.

The entertainment - if any - are very low key. Maybe a singer....

Food is served buffet style and set dinner menu with a few choices for maincourse.

The main thing is the voyage itself. Its all about nature.

Hurtigruten is not an inexpensive way to travel and some of the major cruise lines will cost less in June-August.

Cruise & Maritime Voyages has cruises to Norway in February 2015 and March 2015.

They are 11 and 14 days voyages called "To the land of the Northern Lights" on board the Marco Polo.

In April and May the Marco Polo does four 6,7 and 8 days Norwegian Fjords cruises.

Cruise & Maritime Voyages has cruises to Norway in February 2015 and March 2015.

They are 11 and 14 days voyages called "To the land of the Northern Lights" on board the Marco Polo.

In April and May the Marco Polo does four 6,7 and 8 days Norwegian Fjords cruises.

CMV (Marco Polo & Discovery), and Fred Olsen both still have much of their 2015 schedules to publish. Watching to see their cruises.

Edited by gaelsail

Celebrity and Princess usually release their Europe cruises around March/April. I read somewhere that Celebrity are releasing theirs in March. Now I have found it.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037124_2015_CEL_2016_Deployment_Open_Schedule.pdf

Open for Europe 10th March for Loyalty members and 17th March for public.

Edited by shoreham01
found link to add

Thanks, everyone! This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping to gather. I've decided to expand my list to include all of 2015, although I'm only looking for summer, in hopes that it will be helpful to someone else. So far we have:

Regent: two sailings on the Seven Seas Voyager, June-July, 20-30 nights

Azamara: one sailing on the Azamara Quest in July, 14 nights

Crystal: one sailing on the Crystal Symphony in July, 18 nights

Silversea: 11 sailings on three different ships, May-August, 7-17 nights

Holland America: six itineraries on the Prinsendam, June-July, 14-35 nights

Norwegian: three sailings on the Star, May-June, 7-14 nights

Cruise & Maritime Voyages: six sailings on the Marco Polo, February-May, 6-14 nights

Voyages of Discovery: one sailing on the Voyager in March, 15 or 28 nights

shoreham, thank you for the date for Celebrity. Based on their 2014 itineraries, I am very interested!

HAL will come with much more itineraries than just the Prinsendam. Pricewise; Prinsendam is one of the most expensive ships when looking for this area.

The Ms Rotterdam will be doing Norway again from Rotterdam (Netherlands), one can put money on that one. As known, 7 day itineraries, 14 day (combining 2 7 nights, but with different ports!!), a 14 night Northcape itinerary and the option of combining these with Baltics itinerary and likely something along the line of Ireland. Bonus of them alternating itineraries, so you can combine into longer cruises but with different ports.

When talking about the MS Rotterdam, Norway has been on schedule the last years from may to mid september, so very likely 2015 will turn out the same.

Looking at recent years, good odds are Ms Eurodam will also be doing some itineraries, departing from Copenhagen.

Can't help you out at ALL with general pricing, since HAL does apply regional pricing. To give you an idea;

- my 14 night collectors voyage last june/july ended up being around €2500,- for a cat HH solo

- had a 14 night northcape for this june booked, unfortunately had to reschedule but it was doing around €2550,- for a cat L solo

- moved to the aug/sept 14 night collectors voyage, at the moment scheduled at around €2800,- for a cat DD, solo. Havent seen real price drops here yet (the june and may ones have dropped already), so still hoping.

All of these are on the Ms Rotterdam. By far easiest option for me being Dutch and very limited in my mobility, but in comparing prices also lowest prices of all of the Norway itineraries on HAL when comparing just cruise fare and same type of category.

Celebrity; not out yet. Have kept an eye on their prices for 2013 and see things coming by in my mail for this year again. Significants drops seen lets say about this time of year for 2014, same time last year for 2013 etc. Pricing I did worked out cheaper for solo in a same type of category as on HAL. Only looked at the itineraries departing from Amsterdam. They also offer Norway departing from England, perhaps even more ports? Schedule simply isn't out yet but Norway is a 'set' option to be in there in some options. Downside I found; base price lower but hours in port more restricted compared to the Ms Rotterdam and itineraries were less attractive IMHO and when doing the math to a per day price, Celebrity turned out more expensive for me. Less itinerary options than HAL, but likes are very personal and one only needs 1 itinerary to fit their boxes to be the right line and ship.

Other options; MSC, from Amsterdam and perhaps other ports. Also AIDA offers Norway from Germany, being a German cruiseline. Both did not tickle my fancy, so no real insight into when tend to release, prices etc. Schedules were too negative for my personal likes.

For Norway I ended up going with HAL, as mentioned above. That was a combination of price, itinerary (both ports and times in ports). Touching wood not to jinx myself and to assure the issues I did have were a one off, but HAL and specifically ms Rotterdam are basically my "go to" now. Cruisewise, itinerarywise very very fitting my likes and tastes, but deciding factor in sticking and not venturing out? They can work with my special needs in a way that is above and beyond and makes a huge difference. Something that can't be expected as "the norm" when it comes to what they made/make work and I need, so jumping ship will come with leaving behind some features that have a huge positive influence on my cruise. Having said that, yes they tend to be more expensive but not too much for me. Also part of it I can sell to myself given the differences between the options departing within the Netherlands. Prinsendam however? WAY to expensive, result of demand and supply. Would love to do the Iceland itinerary but find the price mark up just because it is the Prinsendam not justified. Oh well. Norway aint a punishment by far. :-)

Selma, thanks for your input on HAL. Based on the 2014 itineraries, I'm also very interested in the Rotterdam, and I'm looking forward to seeing the 2015 itineraries published. I believe the Ryndam also does similar itineraries from the UK, but leaving from the Netherlands would be more convenient for us.

Twickenham, thanks for the tip about P&O; I will look up their itineraries and add them to the list.

Pluto, after having seen the '12, '13 and '14 itineraries for the Rotterdam, I'ld expect odds to be very high itineraries for '15 to Norway and/or Northcape will be very simular to the current ones. They've moved around some ports on itineraries (so for instance port X moved from day 3 to 4 and vice versa for port Y), altered one port on a 7 night, and compared to '12 on the '14 itineraries they did a bit of a chair dance. The 2 7-night itineraries, let's say they were resp. ports A, B and C on itinerary 1 and D, E and F on itinerary 2 in '12. They altered it to A, B, D in '14 and C, E and F.

So a lot of consistency, even more so when looking at 14 nights when you come up with basically same ports but altered days. Be aware of some schedules having Geiranger, others having Skjolden. Both will be named the same, but depending on departure date that 7-nighter (or 14 night collector) will have one or the other. Something to be looking for if you have a big preference. For instance I had Skjolden on my june/july last year, this year it will be Geiranger and all other ports will be exactly the same (times in port are bit different for some).

For both '13 and '14 HAL have made some port alterations for some of the ms Rotterdam sailings, substituting one port for another. It happened on my booking, about month or 2 out? Know it happened to this years july sailing. My sailing has an alteration as in we now arrive into Alesund a day early at 23pm, overnight there and depart there at 3 pm, instead of earlier scheduled 8am-4pm. Always received a notice in the mail informing me of the alteration and a new schedule.

Loved the '13 itinerary I did. Only downside; we were in Oslo with too many ships imho. Wasn't scheduled, AIDA altered things while already on their way. Made for a too busy experience at for instance the Hoho bus. We were the first in port, so had a good headstart on the other ships passengers, though.

I'm also awaiting the '15 Rotterdam release, but don't expect it for a while. Shame, but on the other hand I wont be making more reservations until at least being on board so I can get me some more future cruise credits.

Royal Caribbean has come out with some itineraries on the Serenade of the Seas! I also added a few others. Current list (now alphabetized by cruise line):

Cruise & Maritime Voyages: six sailings on the Marco Polo, February-May, 6-14 nights

Oceania: three itineraries on the Insignia in July, 23-50 nights

P&O: seven sailings on two ships, March-August, 7 or 12 nights

Phoenix Reisen: eight sailings on three ships, May-August, 13-18 nights

Royal Caribbean: four sailings on the Serenade of the Seas, May-August, 7-11 nights

Saga: four sailings on two ships, February-March, 12 or 15 nights

Happy planning, everyone!

Revising list for RCCL and adding in Fred Olsen:

Fred Olsen: four 8-night cruises on Balmoral, May-August

Royal Caribbean: five sailings on two ships, May-August, 7-12 nights

Still awaiting: Celebrity, Costa, more from HAL, MSC, Princess...who else should I be looking out for?

Hello fellow cruisers!

As to the bolded part, no, you're not the only one ;) I'm hoping to go to Norway in May or June 2015. For me, it's about the destination more than the ship, so I'm hoping to just find a good deal with anyone. I originally planned on Royal, but I'll have to check the rates with the new ship. Norwegian has some reasonable rates now, but the ship goes to Stavanger and skips Flam. But... (there's always a "but") there's the NiN tour from Bergen that goes to Flam. And I'd really like to go to Oslo! I guess I'll have to take multiple trips.

As to the bolded part, no, you're not the only one ;) I'm hoping to go to Norway in May or June 2015. For me, it's about the destination more than the ship, so I'm hoping to just find a good deal with anyone. I originally planned on Royal, but I'll have to check the rates with the new ship. Norwegian has some reasonable rates now, but the ship goes to Stavanger and skips Flam. But... (there's always a "but") there's the NiN tour from Bergen that goes to Flam. And I'd really like to go to Oslo! I guess I'll have to take multiple trips.

I'm quoting myself to make a correction. It's RCCI that goes to Stavanger, not NCL.

Are there any 2015 itineraries out to Norway that include Iceland?

Celebrity Eclipse has a Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruise departing June 27 2015.

As far as I can see this is the only Iceland/Fjords cruise Celebrity will do next year.

Hurtigruten are working ships which sails year round from Bergen to Kirkenes and back. You can stay on for the entire voyage or parts of the trip. Even a few hours. The ships visits ports during the day and also a night. The port time range from 30/45 minutes to a few hours.

Hurtigruten sell themselves as cruises but they are not cruises in the traditional way.

The entertainment - if any - are very low key. Maybe a singer....

Food is served buffet style and set dinner menu with a few choices for maincourse.

The main thing is the voyage itself. Its all about nature.

Hurtigruten is not an inexpensive way to travel and some of the major cruise lines will cost less in June-August.

Appreciate the excellent "realism" by our Alesund poster/friend, plus the other comments and sharing. Hurtigruten could work for some, but as noted the port time is limited. Since the budget as noted by the original poster is limited, it is good to remind people that Norway, in general, is very costly. Not cheap! Sorry! Then, with the narrow "window" of timing when the weather is good for these parts of Norway, that adds to the challenges, schedule limitations, higher costs, etc.

My suggestion? Be prepared to stretch your budget a little. Don't try to cut corners and pinch pennies too much. WHY?? The prize is worth it!! Great areas. As detailed with many visuals below, we did all of the way up to the top of Norway, above the Arctic Circle, including the wonderful Lofoten Islands, etc.

KEY NORWAY COAST QUESTION: Your major challenge is whether to just focus on the lower Norway fjords, Bergen, etc. Nice and wonderful. BUT, there is the option of going up, UP farther north, above the Arctic Circle, seeing such great places as the Lofoten Islands, the North Cape, interesting cities such as Tromso and Trondheim, etc., in taking more time to go more north. Only doing the lower portion requires less time, has more sailing/ship options and costs less. That’s very good! BUT, if you can take the added time, seeing farther up this Norway coast can be very special and unique. Especially, if you really love/seek nature, great scenery, wildlife, etc. Your choice?

Below are just three "eye candy" sample to encore visiting these great areas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now over 134,809 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

You go on these Norway Coast cruises for the spectacular fjords. From the journey to Flam, Gudvangen and Sognerfjord, here is one picture giving you a sampling of the skies and views for these beautiful internal coastlines of the fjords. Being up on the top of the boat can provide great view on BOTH sides as you sail up and down these various fjords.

FjordsSkyMtsDramaRevised.jpg

This is the dramatic overview of Alesund from the Aksla vantage point along the western coast of Norway. This spot allows a nearly 360-degree view of this setting for this island city and the surrounding mountains and islands. It is at a 597’ height overlooking the five islands making up the scenic town. The canal or waterway in the middle of the town is called "Brosundet" (or the Bridge sound). That means Ale sund (sloping sound). Or, reflecting that the sound slopes through town. This is how Alesund got its name.:

AlesundHarbor.jpg

Here’s a close look at these historic Bergen Hanseatic merchant warehouse building fronts, people taking pictures, etc. Super loved the charm, character, history and beauty in Bergen.:

BergenCloseHistBldgPixs.jpg

Appreciate the excellent "realism" by our Alesund poster/friend, plus the other comments and sharing. Hurtigruten could work for some, but as noted the port time is limited. Since the budget as noted by the original poster is limited, it is good to remind people that Norway, in general, is very costly. Not cheap! Sorry! Then, with the narrow "window" of timing when the weather is good for these parts of Norway, that adds to the challenges, schedule limitations, higher costs, etc.

Look our Ohio friend/poster is back with some realism from a one time trip to Norway.

Your pictures are still beautiful. Have you thought about starting your own thread "displaying" your pictures for everyone to see. I am sure it will be of a great help and joy to those planning a cruise and to those reliving memories of one. It would be easy to find the pictures when they are kept in one place instead of scattered all over...:):)

Revising list for RCCL and adding in Fred Olsen:

Fred Olsen: four 8-night cruises on Balmoral, May-August

Royal Caribbean: five sailings on two ships, May-August, 7-12 nights

Still awaiting: Celebrity, Costa, more from HAL, MSC, Princess...who else should I be looking out for?

The Celebrity itineraries are available on various UK sites.

in 2015 Celebrity offers these cruises to Norway:

Eclipse - June 27 14 days Iceland and Norway (1 cruise)

Eclipse - August 22 8 days Norwegian Fjords (1 cruise)

Thats all Celebrity are offering to Norway in 2015.

There might be changes until the itineraries officially gets released.