Trujillo-Banana Coast, Honduras

Can you offer suggestions what to do there? We're in port from 9:00-3:30. With Thanksgiving approaching and leaving next Tues., I'm running out of time to research.

I am talking to my friends in Trujillo via messenger right now. They are saying that Banana Beach Resort may not be offering transportation at this time but Tranquility Bay is and they have lots of activities. It's on the beach and has horse back riding, snorkeling, massages....

The tendering is by life boat.

258.jpg.267cbcaf34c6a1d5b54653040b2af35d.jpg

Can you offer suggestions what to do there? We're in port from 9:00-3:30. With Thanksgiving approaching and leaving next Tues., I'm running out of time to research.

Can you please tell me what day you will be there? They do not know that a ship is coming.

I am talking to my friends in Trujillo via messenger right now. They are saying that Banana Beach Resort may not be offering transportation at this time but Tranquility Bay is and they have lots of activities. It's on the beach and has horse back riding, snorkeling, massages....

The tendering is by life boat.

Does Tranquility Bay offer transportation?

Made in Honduras is a market just outside of town. It's a coop of artists that sell their handmade wears. Everything is made out of whatever they can find. There's no electricity! They use a sewing machine with peddles. Take cash, no credit cards without electricity. :p

This is the information from a year ago:

Here is information on the transportation, activities and pricing at Tranquility Bay.

The pickup/drop-off location is our son's restaurant which is a block straight out from the cruise ship port's west (beach) gate #3. There is a “Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat” sign in front of his beach restaurant (under construction) and the cost to Tranquility Bay and

return is $15 per person. Children under 12 years of age are half price. Pickup time is 8:30 - 9:00 am and drop off time is 2:30 - 3:00 pm by water taxi.

We offer a great variety of activities such as Horseback riding on the magnificent Caribbean sand, Standup Paddle Boarding, Snorkelling trips to the reef or star fish bed, Ocean Kayaking, Banana Boat rides for kids and lunch at "Chimi's Tiki bar”.

Relaxing in the hammocks or beach loungers, enjoy a Mayan massage or spend time with the Toucans, Parrots and Monkeys is a great way to get a taste of the beauty surrounding us.

A Cabana can also be rented for the day for $89 plus tax which does include two free Day Passes (worth $40).

The Day Pass for each person is $20 which includes a beach lounging chair, access to our private beach, hammocks and interaction with our rescued monkeys, toucans, parrots, cats, dogs and horses.

We have a nice beach Tiki bar and a restaurant on site.

Free high speed Wifi is also available on our property.

Activities can be reserved or booked on arrival and are as follows:

1. Snorkelling (min of 4 persons) $40/pp, either of 2 snorkelling sites (Cayo Blanco reef or starfish bed)

2. Stand up Paddle boarding $25/hr

3. Horse back riding $35/hr

4. Wind surfing $35/hr ($10 extra for a lesson)

5. Ocean kayaking $15/hr

6. Mayan massage $45/hr

Please let us know if you would like to reserve a Caribbean beach side Cabana, Day Passes or Transportation and if you might be interested in any of the activities.

If you would like to proceed I will send an invoice through Paypal that you may pay with a credit card.

Cheers

Larry & Linda

Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat

P.O. Box 175, Trujillo, Colon HN

32101 Central America

011 504 9928-2095

011 504 9852-0687

tranquilitybay@gmail.com

http://www.tranquilitybayhonduras.com

Tell them we're coming. 9:00-3:30. That means back to the ship no later than 3:00.

I finally heard back from Larry and this was his response:

Hi Tanya

Thank you for your Messenger query. All the information is correct, although we are in slow down time as no ships were expected until January. My wife has gone back to Canada for Christmas and I will be joining her in 10 days.

Thus we are not prepared for the Cruise ship business until Jan 5th.

We do give very good service and get 5 star reviews and the cruisers really do love Tranquility Bay and all we do offer.

When we do water taxi pickups it is at Carivida Club Cafe which is a block west of the port and is located on the beach.

Cheers

Larry

I finally heard back from Larry and this was his response:

Hi Tanya

Thank you for your Messenger query. All the information is correct, although we are in slow down time as no ships were expected until January. My wife has gone back to Canada for Christmas and I will be joining her in 10 days.

Thus we are not prepared for the Cruise ship business until Jan 5th.

We do give very good service and get 5 star reviews and the cruisers really do love Tranquility Bay and all we do offer.

When we do water taxi pickups it is at Carivida Club Cafe which is a block west of the port and is located on the beach.

Cheers

Larry

That means we don't really have anything to do in this port. Between this and Labadee, there's really nothing to do. I have faith in Azamara..they had to have had a good reason for changing ports. I hope someone has informed the local vendors a ship will be in port. They could probably use some business this time of year.

Edited by midwestchick
That means we don't really have anything to do in this port. Between this and Labadee, there's really nothing to do. I have faith in Azamara..they had to have had a good reason for changing ports. I hope someone has informed the local vendors a ship will be in port. They could probably use some business this time of year.

They most certainly could use the business. These are very poor people. I have several friends that live there & are going to spread the word to local vendors.

I have also contacted the owners of Banana Beach Resort to see if we can get their bus available for you guys. It's a nice resort on the beach. I officiated my best friends wedding at that location.1f0c6f6dccfb6976b28a7cc1a6b61337.jpg

a344224dfe4263d5adaf8b3be2ba82b0.jpg

0094d293378b427b6d0a1e1eebd9fac7.jpg

e101dc444c6894c3ad3e5f28f1f1cf71.jpg

d749531ea4a466802c5df0af141ec4e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is midnight & I have to get up for work at 5a. I will continue to see what we can organize for your visit to beautiful Trujillo. I leave on our cruise on Sunday on RCI out of Galveston. We'll get it figured out tomorrow. [emoji175][emoji106][emoji7]✌️

It is midnight & I have to get up for work at 5a. I will continue to see what we can organize for your visit to beautiful Trujillo. I leave on our cruise on Sunday on RCI out of Galveston. We'll get it figured out tomorrow. [emoji175][emoji106][emoji7]✌️

Thank you. See what you can do. I'll post on our roll call. 'Tis the season to be more helpful than normal. Thank you so much for your most valuable input.

If you can get something set up maybe we can get a group to go to the resort that is still open and also support the local vendors.

This beach retreat is walking distance from the Trujillo Cruise Ship Pier. See map attached.

Caribbean American Dining

Trujillo Honduras is our paradise and we've been working on ways to share it with you to the fullest. We, are CARIVIDA CLUB CAFE, have created what we believe to be a relaxed, fun, tropical and delicious place to either spend the entire day at or to just stop by for a quick bite. Either way, we'll be able to offer a large range of options to keep you and your friends and family entertained and fully satisfied. -CARIVIDA CLUB CAFE TEAM

Horse back riding, Chair Rental on Beach, Snorkeling Tours, Fishing Tours, etc.

http://www.carividaclubcafe.com/

1756405824_Maptocarividaclubcafe.jpg.1424cb842c380ea6b846e74059c7528b.jpg