Live from the Explorer - February 16, 2014

Greetings Everyone,

First time RCCL cruiser, veteran cruiser with Holland America Line, Cunard and Celebrity. Have long wanted to try Royal Caribbean. In a mere 11 hours we'll be heading to Cape Liberty to board the Mighty Voyager Class ship bound for the Bahamas and as far away from the Polar Vortex as possible.

I plan on posting frequently and taking tons of pictures which I will include following the voyage. If you're booked aboard the Explorer in the coming weeks I'll report on all of the action aboard, the service, the ship, the food and discuss our port stops in Port Canaveral, Florida - Nassau, Bahamas and Coco Cay, plus information on excursions like our visit to Universal Studios which I am wildly excited for.

Somewhere out there our ship is slicing through the cold, dark Atlantic for a meeting tomorrow with a bunch of very enthusiastic and excited Cruise Critics ready to board, Mingle and break the bank at the Slot Pull.

Bags are packed, snow has stopped looking forward to galloping up the gangway and reporting Live from the Explorer of the Seas.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

SO excited for you! Explorer is phenomenal, we have sailed her twice. You will love the Royal Promenade and just love sitting there with a cup of coffee and a couple of cookies - the sugar-free peanut butter cookies are really good!! - and watching the people go by.

Have a great time. :)

SO excited for you! Explorer is phenomenal, we have sailed her twice. You will love the Royal Promenade and just love sitting there with a cup of coffee and a couple of cookies - the sugar-free peanut butter cookies are really good!! - and watching the people go by.

Have a great time. :)

Thank You Karen! I am incredibly excited, I have read, studied, researched everything Explorer and can't believe we're just a few short hours from discovering her for ourselves.

I will make a point of trying the sugar-free peanut butter cookies, (some of my favorites) thanks for the tip. Can't wait to stroll the Royal Promenade and find out just exactly what a Pet At Sea is anyway.

I know I should be hitting the hay but, who can sleep the night before a cruise?

Jonathan

I was on the Explorer in March, and it was a truly amazing cruise!! She's a great ship and an amazing crew.

We hit some rough weather leaving Bayonne, but it looks like you're heading out on a great day....

I'm soooo jealous right now! I can't wait to read your review. :D

Have a great time! I am a RCL newbie too sailing on the Explorer in May. I can't wait to hear all about the ship and your cruise. :-) Can you take note to the formal nights? I am curious to know what the majority of people are wearing.

Aww.... would you like to know, or be surprised? :D:p

I've waited this long, I can stand a few more hours of suspense to find out what's churning in that giant globe on the Royal Promenade. ;)

I was on the Explorer in March, and it was a truly amazing cruise!! She's a great ship and an amazing crew.

We hit some rough weather leaving Bayonne, but it looks like you're heading out on a great day....

I'm soooo jealous right now! I can't wait to read your review.

Hi Jenn,

Yes, this is a common theme, everyone raves about the crew aboard the Explorer. It seems like we should have smooth sailing now that the storms behind us but, it will be fairly frigid around 22 with a wind chill of 8.

I get a chuckle out looking at the boarding pictures with everyone decked out in down coats. It seems so alien once we reach Florida and people are swanning around in shorts and sandals.

Have a great time! I am a RCL newbie too sailing on the Explorer in May. I can't wait to hear all about the ship and your cruise. :-) Can you take note to the formal nights? I am curious to know what the majority of people are wearing.

Thanks Wezie, I appreciate it. I'll absolutely keep you informed on the finery floating around on formal night and how dolled up everyone gets.

Jonathan

Subscribed! Two more weeks for me.

Thanks for subscribing Yorkvillain.

I'm subscribing as well... Looking forward to your trip report. Have a wonderful cruise.

One more week for me!! Have a great time!!

So jealous. I still have just over a year til my cruise. It's been way too long since I've cruised. Have an awesome time.

Thank You Very Much Queens Chick, Croozin Soozin and Honeymooner15. Can't believe it's finally cruise day, sometimes it seems like it'll never get here but, it has with bells on, gongs and they're ringing joyously...

Jonathan

Greetings Everyone,

First time RCCL cruiser, veteran cruiser with Holland America Line, Cunard and Celebrity. Have long wanted to try Royal Caribbean. In a mere 11 hours we'll be heading to Cape Liberty to board the Mighty Voyager Class ship bound for the Bahamas and as far away from the Polar Vortex as possible.

I plan on posting frequently and taking tons of pictures which I will include following the voyage. If you're booked aboard the Explorer in the coming weeks I'll report on all of the action aboard, the service, the ship, the food and discuss our port stops in Port Canaveral, Florida - Nassau, Bahamas and Coco Cay, plus information on excursions like our visit to Universal Studios which I am wildly excited for.

Somewhere out there our ship is slicing through the cold, dark Atlantic for a meeting tomorrow with a bunch of very enthusiastic and excited Cruise Critics ready to board, Mingle and break the bank at the Slot Pull.

Bags are packed, snow has stopped looking forward to galloping up the gangway and reporting Live from the Explorer of the Seas.

Jonathan

She's a great ship with a great crew, have sailed her several times!......K.O.:)

Looking forward to your updates! I have to wait till September to sail on the Explorer. That will also be my first time with RC. I will be taking notes from your reports. Thank You and have a wonderful cruise! :D

You won't be disappointed. The crew is the best I have ever experienced at sea.

One more week for me!! Have a great time!!

See you there, Wife and I are sailing 23rd. as well. Was on the 10 day Caribbean cruise 12/02/13 and we hit a couple of storms. nothing too problematic, they postponed one of the ice shows as it was dangerous for the performers and we had white caps in the pools until they drained them. Apart from that it was all very nice.

I am taking a tux and a suit for the formal nights. on our last cruise there was a Japanese couple and she wore the kimono, which was very nice.

Subscribed and thank you for this. We are boarding when you get off and we are going again in August. Have already been on Explorer 9 times. What does that tell you? We love her and the crew has always been amazing. Will be sad to see her leave, but looking forward to having Quantum here on the East.

You will have a wonderful time and thanks again for posting.

Really looking forward to your review. We will be on The Explorer March 11th. Our first cruise in the 80's was with RC. Haven't been with them since, usually do celebrity or Princess so we are somewhat anxious about this cruise. But, living in Ct. We wanted to leave from NY or NJ so options were limited. So, have a wonderful time and post list of pics!

Marguerite