First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

HI all! I would love to preface this entire mess by saying this is my first, so take it easy. I have been living others' for years now and it never hit me to one until my kids over my shoulder one day say "Mom, where's ours?" :confused: "Our what?" They wanted to know why I had never added to the masses. Well I tell you what folks, tonight as I sat down to type this out, I realized why! Pictures! As I upload and sort through 900+ pics over a week vacation -whew- I about changed my mind. So I hope for your sanity as well as my own I've picked the best:rolleyes:

Ok. The players: DH and myself, DD14, DS9, and DD7. Yes, we are a crowd. And yes we have always shared a cabin. I love my children like any mother, but I must say my children know when they can act up and be silly and when to pull it together. I have no fears of taking them anywhere!

There's is another review going up of this same trip as I type. I almost thought I lucked out of doing this review, but then I realized, as it must be for everyone, their cruise was nothing like ours, so I must proceed.

If you hate my review. Sorry. If you don't :D

I'm not sure of the pictures and I hope this typing style is easy on everyones eyes:eek: and yes I love and probably use too many smilies:o

here we go!

We started out this trip on Thursday evening 1-30. We were planning on leaving Friday, but after the latest snow storm had crippled Atlanta we figured hitting the road a day early couldn't hurt. We made a overnight (time for sleep only) stay in Calhoun, GA. On the road by 8am to get to Tampa. We had a wonderful Fri-Sun stay with my Dad whom I hadn't seen in almost a year. It was a great time, but I know you lovely people don't want those details or pics, lol.

OK... so after a very relaxing weekend, we had less than 5 hour drive to Miami Sunday evening. We hopped on the Turnpike from hell and made it to the Ramada Hialeah location. The front desk ladies were sweet as could be. But the hotel was not. I know you get what you pay for. And for $85 in Miami I guess it was fine. It just had a weird smell and was, you know, one of those hotels you're just really not happy to be at. But! It is fine if those aren't one of your "vacation" days if you understand...

next: embarkation with some pics! (finally right:rolleyes:)

We got to the port about 10:30, parked in the garage and walked right over to the building. There were no lines whatsoever through security, and we had maybe a 3 minute wait to get checked in... then we went to wait, but that was ok by us!!

P2030012_zpse74789b8.jpg

P2030013_zps4f9b9fa9.jpg

P2030014_zpsb99eb4b3.jpg

P2030016_zps7aaadc54.jpg

A quick restroom break and a FB check-in at POM:D and we were good to go!!

P2030019_zpscc609480.jpg

It wasn't one picture in some nice lady offered to take our picture so all of us could be in it..

P2030021_zpsa7164747.jpg

P2030022_zpsa5175fea.jpg

I have no photos of lunch because we all snapped those with our phones, and as of now, I haven't bothered combining the two.

By noon, we were onboard, had lunch and began to explore our new ship! My youngest, Cassidy, is at that age where she thinks she's Vanna White, lol!

P2030023_zpse7759e19.jpg

P2030025_zpsbb786531.jpg

When my son saw this pic later on he laughed so hard he had tears!

P2030028_zps9f5747ed.jpg

Heads up! We got lucky with this Fish! It's on the digital scavenger hunt that happens later in the cruise. We kind of cheated there because we didn't have to run all the way to the back dining room to take the picture... don't worry, we lost anyway:rolleyes:

Then we went to find our room. I let the kids pick our room this trip. They loved it... and I thought it was a great idea... they picked:

1234:cool:

Hey. They thought it was easiest to remember and I quite agree!

And here's where my pics might come in handy for all those out there wondering how we get 5 in a room. I only wish now, I had intended on doing a review because I might have been a bit more thorough in my pictures when it comes to how we keep everything organized. Let's not forget, that 5 in a room, also means 5 peoples' belongings!

P2030033_zps44cb35a7.jpg

P2030034_zps122978f6.jpg

The upper Pullman of course came down, and we also had a rollaway. (pics of that to come) but I will say that the first morning we folded it up to make more walking room, and the rest of the week this was done for us, and he only let it out at night.

And here is our door, we always try to do something to make it "ours"

P2030036_zps83f01726.jpg

It is at this point, that I start to have my first issues with this ship. Now I want to say we had a fantastic time, as always, we were smiling all vacation, but this had to be the worst crew we've ever experienced. Now this is just my opinion and everybody has one. But my family along with several others I've talked to said the same thing.

If you love this ship, close your eyes! I couldn't believe it all week! We had one wonderful waiter, Adrianne, one nice drink server, Annie. Our steward was super nice and did a great job, but made the lamest towel animals ever:rolleyes:

The first day was the worst though.

Yay! It's sail away! We head up after unpacking, head to the aft pool bar, Which had nobody and order a round of drinks. Three virgin Miami Vice's for the babes, Twilight Zone for Mom, Hurricane Wave for Dad. The bartender actually starts complaining while he's making our drinks about the order "too much work" he says. So thinking he's kidding, I play back and laugh "you're telling me, I do it everyday!" well folks... he was not kidding...:mad: he was mad that he had a family taking up his bar space. ugh!

oh well... let's go find a better view! (ps, the drinks were wonderful)

P2030039_zps06179495.jpg

P2030040_zpsb0d37a49.jpg

we had go to the beginning to turn around

P2030041_zpsee8a0690.jpg

P2030046_zps44c423ae.jpg

I forget what we did for a bit as I didn't write a thing down. But we made it back to the room just to freshen up a bit before dinner. It's then we start to enjoy the benefits if the Riviera deck... you are soooo stinking close to the water!!

P2030050_zpsaa6b63e7.jpg

Each one of us could/would stand at that window for the longest periods of time. It was amazing. The first 2 nights were a bit rough, and at times the splash would actually hit our window. It was great:D

P2030053_zps5f631ae6.jpg

Here's my second complaint for the Victory (again we have never encountered this type of issue on any other cruise) The first night at dinner, we sat at our table with our menus for literally 45 min! It was a joke. I have know clue what was going on that night. But we were seated by the hostess, given water, and left to starve!:eek: We were happy anyway:D

There was a pitiful 2top that waited even longer than us... shesh- And no other issues the rest of the trip... oh well!

But here's the funny thing- I know everyone's seen in person or in photo the naked mermaids that COVER the dining room???

Well this was my son all week!!!!

P2030065_zpsf97ca7ee.jpg:o:cool:

P2030066_zps5b40955c.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

HI all! I would love to preface this entire mess by saying this is my first, so take it easy. I have been living others' for years now and it never hit me to one until my kids over my shoulder one day say "Mom, where's ours?" :confused: "Our what?" They wanted to know why I had never added to the masses. Well I tell you what folks, tonight as I sat down to type this out, I realized why! Pictures! As I upload and sort through 900+ pics over a week vacation -whew- I about changed my mind. So I hope for your sanity as well as my own I've picked the best:rolleyes:

Ok. The players: DH and myself, DD14, DS9, and DD7. Yes, we are a crowd. And yes we have always shared a cabin. I love my children like any mother, but I must say my children know when they can act up and be silly and when to pull it together. I have no fears of taking them anywhere!

There's is another review going up of this same trip as I type. I almost thought I lucked out of doing this review, but then I realized, as it must be for everyone, their cruise was nothing like ours, so I must proceed.

If you hate my review. Sorry. If you don't :D

I'm not sure of the pictures and I hope this typing style is easy on everyones eyes:eek: and yes I love and probably use too many smilies:o

here we go!

You're doing just fine. I like the review so far. Everyone has their own style when writing a review and none of them are wrong. And you know what, if people don't like, they don't have to read it. :D

I am so sorry you guys had to deal with rude employee's, and to me there is no excuse. I've heard a about rude employee's here and there and have come to the conclusion that if I encounter any while on vacation, I'm going to ask them who's the customer me or them? I'm looking forward to having a great time in October and I really appreciate your review and pictures, thanks for sharing.

Great start to your review! I know, the pics part of it can be intimidating, but so worth it. Your pics are funny and really tell the story. Looking forward to more...

You're doing just fine. I like the review so far. Everyone has their own style when writing a review and none of them are wrong. And you know what, if people don't like, they don't have to read it. :D

thank you:D

Edited by beckyk329

You have a 14 year old? You and your hubby only look about 27! :D

Good review and photos!

thank you ALOT! ahhh, I wish I could claim 20's. And it's so very nice of you to say so ;) but we are both 30something (he is older than me, lol, sorry for throwing you under the bus dh!) And we're celebrating our 15th anniversary on the Elation next month so... old enough!

I am so sorry you guys had to deal with rude employee's, and to me there is no excuse. I've heard a about rude employee's here and there and have come to the conclusion that if I encounter any while on vacation, I'm going to ask them who's the customer me or them? I'm looking forward to having a great time in October and I really appreciate your review and pictures, thanks for sharing.

I'm sure you will have an amazing time, as we did and always do. Believe me this is not a review to bash Carnival. We have just never encountered so many grumpy employees at Carnival. It was like they had all been told they we're getting fired... next week. So just try and be nice this week. I don't know... maybe the Victory, I don't know... Obviously they didn't rain on our parade or sway me from booking one within a week of getting home, lol!

It is at this point, that I start to have my first issues with this ship. Now I want to say we had a fantastic time, as always, we were smiling all vacation, but this had to be the worst crew we've ever experienced. Now this is just my opinion and everybody has one. But my family along with several others I've talked to said the same thing.

If you love this ship, close your eyes! I couldn't believe it all week! We had one wonderful waiter, Adrianne, one nice drink server, Annie. Our steward was super nice and did a great job, but made the lamest towel animals ever:rolleyes:

The first day was the worst though.

Yay! It's sail away! We head up after unpacking, head to the aft pool bar, Which had nobody and order a round of drinks. Three virgin Miami Vice's for the babes, Twilight Zone for Mom, Hurricane Wave for Dad. The bartender actually starts complaining while he's making our drinks about the order "too much work" he says. So thinking he's kidding, I play back and laugh "you're telling me, I do it everyday!" well folks... he was not kidding...:mad: he was mad that he had a family taking up his bar space.

Oh no! :eek: I will be on the Victory next month, and I sure do not want to experience bad crew members. That is what made my cruise on the Sensation less fun. I'm also traveling with a friend who is a first time cruiser, and I want her to have a great first cruise.