Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

[ can't begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed your reports and pictures.

We will be on the OASIS on MAY 10TH; Our first cruise on one of the larger ships.

As a Math Teacher I hAVE TO GIVE YOU An A+ ON YOUR WRITTEN EXPRESSION!

yOU HAVE DONE A WONDERFUL JOB.

Our biggest concerns are the crowds of people!

Thank you for all your hard work; it is appreciated.

Pat & Tom

Continuing to follow this great review.

From your pictures of the Chops menu it looked like the older version. Did the Chops on Oasis now have the newer menu?

I am going on the Oasis on March 22 and we have booked Chops for my wife's birthday. She loved the Halibut and giant baked potato on the old menu.

Thanks again for this great review.

As a side, if you like I can jump into your great review with a before and after of a picture post processed with Lightroom that might entice you to purchase the software.

Caneguy

Hello again Caneguy,

I will post here the actaul menu presented to me on the night. As you probably realise, taking photos of large menus at an angle and in dim light can be difficult, especially getting the whole of it in focus. As you will see from the Entree menu, the bottom of it is out of focus.

DSCF4714_zpsacc788a2.jpg

DSCF4715_zps560ef17e.jpg

Hence the reason I typed on my review, my reading of it:

“As the world's premier cruise line, we at Royal Caribbean International strive to always provide our guests with top quality. As an addition to our menu at Chops Steak House, we are proud to offer two of the world’s finest cuts of beef.

USDA Prime beef has the distinction as being the top quality beef available. Prime beef is the most tender, flavorful cut of beef available, well marbled with natural fats.

Prime beef is hand selected and raised in the Iowa/Nebraska region and dry aged for 28 days to intensify flavour and tenderness.

16 oz Dry Aged New York Strip - Char broiled and butter basted $18

20 oz Porterhouse for one. Slow (?) roasted with garlic and herbs $19".

So I guess the new menu has not been intoduced on Oasis but of course that may well have changed by the time of your sailing.

As regards your offer to demonstrate Lightroom upon your return, please do that. I would be delighted to see an example and would much appreciate it.

Warm regards

megacruiser

We are leaving in next month- just 20 days away on the Oasis for the first time and this review is incredible.

I'll parrot the others and say thanks for the menu and Compass postings as well.

My pleasure. Thanks for commenting.

megacruiser

I almost passed by your review. I expected the same pictures and comments that seem to appear in all the Oasis/Allure reviews. Glad I reconsidered and looked into your post. Your pictures show different areas of the ship and are from different angles. Your comments seem realistic and specific and offer good advice for future cruisers.

We are still on the fence regarding the mega ships but you have lessened our fear of overcrowding.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi lakelorain,

Overcrowding was also my biggest fear but proved to be unfounded. This is based on a comparison with other big ships like Independence.

Thanks for posting.

megacruiser

thanks so much for posting the menu. It came out fine and was able to see that on the Oasis they have not changed the menu as of your sailing. Hope that when I sail on 3/22 it will continue to be the older (better) menu.

I know that with your excellent photo's and beautiful writing style you will hit 100M views on your review!!

Caneguy

Loving the review!! Sail in 4 weeks, and this is the only thing keeping me from starting to pack already!! You are definitely quieting the OCD planner in me!

Thank you!!!

Good to hear that. Thanks so much for commenting.

Regards

megacruiser

I love your review. I check it twice a day for updates and it is making me so excited about my upcoming trip on the Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sovereign of the Seas - 2008

Grandeur of the Seas - 2010

Delighted you took the time to give feedback.

Really appreciated.

megacruiser

I am sorry I haven't posted earlier, but you are doing an amazing job and I am loving your review. I could say a lot of the kudos that others have said, but I will just end with - you are so disciplined to take the time after working all work and keep us totally mesmerized with your pictures and text. Thank you so very much.

Kay

That really is kind of you to express your appreciation in such glowing terms.

Sincerely appreciated.

megacruiser

Loving the review so far! Look forward to the next installment every day. Can't get enough information or too many pictures. Thanks for taking on such a big project!

Bev

My pleasure. Thanks so much for commenting.

Regards

megacruiser

Loving your review.....we are doing a B2B on Oasis in may this year. Just a question as we have always used a lanyard to put our sea pass cards on but in your pictures it looks like nobody wears lanyards?

Thanks Tania

Hello TAN066,

I can assure you I saw lots of folk wearing lanyards, so you will not be alone.

Thanks for your comment.

Regards

megacruiser

Two weeks from today we will be boarding the Oasis on the same itinerary, so I am following, too. Thanks for such a great review!

I was sorry to see that there was no escargot on the formal night menus. One of my favorites that I only get when I cruise. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to enjoy! :D

Following and enjoying your reviews and pictures. We were on Oasis in February. Loved the sun deck in the front on deck 14. We had it to ourselves one afternoon for a while. Isn't it amazing how there can be so many people on a ship and it feels so uncrowded!:D

Another fan here. There have been some great Oasis and Allure reviews, and this stands along with them.

What I love specifically about yours is (1) the daily posts. This is so difficult to do and is very much appreciated. I hate to wait - sometimes people stop and never come back (Carnival board, I'm looking at you). (2) is not overly excessive. I think there is a good amount of photos, without giving us a run down of every last thing you did. I don't miss the port photos because, well, I'm not taking the Oasis to the Caribbean and I've already seen them on other reviews. But, you are showing us a lot of the ship, but, IMO, is being done with just the right amount of photos - enough to excite us, but not enough to bore us. (3) you are specifically posting about the things that are important to ME - I will be going solo on my trip and I want to eat at these specialty restaurants. Your review is making me go to the main dining room for lunch. You are definitely making me excited about my trip in September!!!

I know I would never do a review, so I really appreciate those that spend time on it.

Great review! Very much appreciated. I can see how time consuming this must have been, so thank you for your time and detail. My Grandson will be very disappointed not to have escargot. He's 20 years old, and has been spoiled with cruising regularly since he was a four year old. I'm sure he will find something to enjoy on the menu.

Another fan here. There have been some great Oasis and Allure reviews, and this stands along with them.

What I love specifically about yours is (1) the daily posts. This is so difficult to do and is very much appreciated. I hate to wait - sometimes people stop and never come back (Carnival board, I'm looking at you). (2) is not overly excessive. I think there is a good amount of photos, without giving us a run down of every last thing you did. I don't miss the port photos because, well, I'm not taking the Oasis to the Caribbean and I've already seen them on other reviews. But, you are showing us a lot of the ship, but, IMO, is being done with just the right amount of photos - enough to excite us, but not enough to bore us. (3) you are specifically posting about the things that are important to ME - I will be going solo on my trip and I want to eat at these specialty restaurants. Your review is making me go to the main dining room for lunch. You are definitely making me excited about my trip in September!!!

I know I would never do a review, so I really appreciate those that spend time on it.

Hello Alter Ego,

It really is so good of you to write such a thoughtful critique of my review, especially since it is very positive. To say it is one of the great reviews is very gratifying, expecially as it is my first attempt at this sort of detailed review.

If I ever decide to do a future one, say after my Quantum cruise, I will have learned a lot from this experience and hopefully make it even better.

The funny thing is, I joined the Celebrity Constellation the day this cruise ended. Celebrity has been my preferred line up until now. It was a 5 night cruise and it was so disappointing that I can't muster any enthusiasm to even consider reviewing it. I had been on Contellation twice before, both 14 night cruises, and even though not in the same league as the Solstice Class, have a certain affection for it.

How ones perspective can change. My Oasis experience has completely moved the goalposts.

Warm regards

megacruiser