Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Thank you so much megacruiser for the awesome review! Always looking fwd to the next Day. I'll be on Oasis in May and had some generic questions I'm hoping you or others can answer.

> do you know if Cozumel or Jamaica had different time than ship?

> I'm guessing your upcoming entries will give the info, but when was 2nd formal night?

> will they basically keep the same Compass schedule come May? ie. Adult Quest same night, etc?

> and one last silly, curious question....with Deck 8 (which is where our cabin is, inside) being open, how humid is it in there during the evening?

Again, thanks so much!!

Thank you so much megacruiser for the awesome review! Always looking fwd to the next Day. I'll be on Oasis in May and had some generic questions I'm hoping you or others can answer.

> do you know if Cozumel or Jamaica had different time than ship?

> I'm guessing your upcoming entries will give the info' date=' but when was 2nd formal night?

> will they basically keep the same Compass schedule come May? ie. Adult Quest same night, etc?

> and one last silly, curious question....with Deck 8 (which is where our cabin is, inside) being open, how humid is it in there during the evening?

Again, thanks so much!![/quote']

Hi cpizzull,

Thanks for "Following" my review. I do try to respond to all feedback, normally in order received but your post caught my eye.

Not sure about Jamaica but Cozumel certainly did have a different time. The good news is that you ignore the local time and stay on ship's time (the ship's clocks to not change at all). So all timings about returning to ship and departure remain on the same time throughout, so never change your watch... or phone.

Compass schedule - I really don't know for sure but would think changes are infrequent. I am sure an expert on here will advise.

The temperature at night was noticeably warm with some but not excessive humidity. Never enough to cause a sweat. In May it could be different of course. As a matter of interest, the air conditioning only remains on if the balcony door is in the latched closed position. So if you go onto the balcony and want the cabin to remain cool, pull the outside handle down to "lock" the door and restart the aircon.

Regards

megacruiser

Thanks megacruiser! Good pt on time, especially in Cozumel. I guess I was more concerned with Jamaica time since I may be using a private tour operator and want to make sure their 'time' quoted on return is good enough for me to actually be back on the ship, ha. :o)

Thanks megacruiser! Good pt on time, especially in Cozumel. I guess I was more concerned with Jamaica time since I may be using a private tour operator and want to make sure their 'time' quoted on return is good enough for me to actually be back on the ship, ha. :o)

A quick search shows Jamaica is currently on the same time as ship's time. I don't know whether anything may change when any summer clock changes take place.

megacruiser

A quick search shows Jamaica is currently on the same time as ship's time. I don't know whether anything may change when any summer clock changes take place.

megacruiser

Jamaica does not participate in Daylight Savings Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Am loving reading your review!! We are sailing on the Oasis in August :) and I v been counting the days down for months already...reading each of your entries is making me even more impatient (and excited) for our cruise day to come !

Hi Cruising3779,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted you are Following my review.

Cheers

megacruiser

Loving this review....Thanks so much for taking the time to do it! I'll bet it makes you relive the experience. Can't wait for the rest....

Hello worldbound30,

Firstly thanks for the feedback and for Following it.

Yes it does bring back some of the detail and yes you do relive it to an extent. Certainly enough that after last night's buffet editing and uploading that I never want to go near a buffet again. :D

Cheers

megacruiser

Many thanks from a fellow "Scot" for such an articulate review.

Your use of the English language brings your review to life and makes it far more interesting to read and enjoy.

We are sailing Oasis in September from Barcelona for one of her few 5 night cruises in Europe as I never thought I would get my DH over the pond to sail on her in the US and lo and behold, we've even signed up to do the Transatlantic on Allure in 2015 so having gone from never setting foot on any of the mega ships, we'll have sailed them both.

Looking forward to your next instalments and get to your bed before 02.00 am UK time :D

Thanks dcarjn, "Love it" is fantastic, thanks. The most important thing to me is that you are "Following". If everyone who is following just posted that one word, I would know whether ny efforts have been worthwhile.

Thanks again.

megacruiser

I'm following too! Fantastic, detailed review and pictures! Thanks for all your hard work :D

Megacruiser first of all I AM DEFINITELY FOLLOWING!

Am I to understand you don't have to get the wine pairing when you go to 150 Central Park?

What if you have purchased the premium drink package can you still have wine with your dinner and pay only the $40?

You have definitely piqued my interest now as I hadn't even considered it prior to your review!

Am I to understand you don't have to get the wine pairing when you go to 150 Central Park?

What if you have purchased the premium drink package can you still have wine with your dinner and pay only the $40?

You have definitely piqued my interest now as I hadn't even considered it prior to your review!

I would be very interested in knowing this as well as my husband does not drink alcohol. I didn't even consider 150 as an option......

Many thanks from a fellow "Scot" for such an articulate review.

Your use of the English language brings your review to life and makes it far more interesting to read and enjoy.

We are sailing Oasis in September from Barcelona for one of her few 5 night cruises in Europe as I never thought I would get my DH over the pond to sail on her in the US and lo and behold, we've even signed up to do the Transatlantic on Allure in 2015 so having gone from never setting foot on any of the mega ships, we'll have sailed them both.

Looking forward to your next instalments and get to your bed before 02.00 am UK time :D

Good evening Lotus Girl,

Thanks so much for your comments and delighted my review is also being Followed this side of the pond. I am seriously considering Oasis Eastbound Transatlantic in September such was my enjoyment, and 12 nights could very easily be passed with so much on offer.

You have some wonderful times to look for forward to. I looked into the Allure for 2015 but prices are high at present and the single supplement is 100%, so I'll bide my time for now.

I have spent the night sorting through photos for tomorrow's Deck 6 tour and I realise there is quite a bit more to it than just the Boardwalk. With so little sleep last night I can feel my eyes closing, so signing off shortly.

Nice to hear from another Scot.

Lang may your lum reek!

megacruiser

Hello gottogocruisin,

Now THAT is what I like to hear. Thanks for Following.

The deal on 150 is that it is entirely optional whether you have the Wine Pairing. It is an extra $35. One person in a party can order it if the other doesn't want it. In fact I don't think you are given the menu on the right if you elect for the food only. My waiter knew I was doing a review and made a point of giving me them both for each menu as I was leaving. Report on my final night's meal there is still to come.

One cautionary note. 150 is for people who love and appreciate good food, not just their favourite foods and its not for people who really don't like quite a lot of different foods. It really shouldn't matter much which menu you choose because they are both great and the menu does not really convey what you can expect to savour.

In the UK a six course Tasting Menu of that quality in a good restauarnt would be £60 or £70 ($100) and wine pairing is usually as much again. I should also mention the portions are not tiny, but not so much that you struggle to eat it all. Food lovers, please take note - 150 is the biggest bargain on the high seas!

Kind regards

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser

Deck 5

Before continuing with the day-by-day review let’s pause and have a look what Deck 5 has to offer.

Day4Interiors055_zps4da7a4fc.jpg

Opus 5 MyTime Dining is all the way aft, to the left. The Opal Theatre upper level is all the way forward to the right.

I will guide you along the Royal Promenade and back again. I will start at Guest Services near the Rising Tide bar on the left hand side of the plan and work my way down the port side to On Air at the forward elevators, then return up the starboard side to the Champagne Bar near the aft elevators.

Day5Oasis008_zps957fc241.jpg

The trademark "car on the prom" looking aft to Regalia, Guest Services and Cafe Promenade.

Day4Interiors032_zps39efb231.jpg

Guest Relations

CafePromenade_zps421c1889.jpg

Cafe Promenade

BoradwalkandSnacks009_zps71abfcd9.jpg

Favourite afternoon snack from Café Promenade

Ham, cheese and tomato croissant. They seem to have been around forever, as I had my first one on the Voyager in the last millennium! Still why change a wining formula when they are still as delicious as ever. It's the moistness that makes them so good. Oh, and a choc chip cookie… ;)

One of my FAVORITES in the evenings as an evening or bedtime snack!! Total "DELICIOUSNESS". Your picture brings back such fond memories and my taste buds are exploding with excitement and anticipation of the next bite....THANKS

Megacruiser, your review keeps me glued to Cruise Critic for your next chapter of your cruise. Keep it coming. Here is something about 150 Central Park

Royal Caribbean International has joined forces with James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in Miami to create new seasonal menus for 150 Central Park onboard Allure of the Seas® and Oasis of the Seas®. It's the perfect pairing: a chef with a commitment to sustainable and seasonal food sourcing and a cruise line that continues to offer guests innovative dining concepts and the freshest, most distinct ingredients.

The above is from RCCI site. Michael's Genuine was named by the NY Times as one of the top ten restaurants in the USA! That is why 150 Central Park is so good! I have eaten at Michael's Genuine many times and it is amazing. His pastry chef is also a James Beard winner. I can't wait to dine at 150 on my Oasis cruise in March.

Caneguy

Thanks for posting I read it very carefully. Sad to see that E-Cigs can only be puffed in the designated areas. I quit smoking cigs for a reason, not to be grouped with other smokers and choked out by their smoke. E-Cigs are harmless I don't understand why they want to treat them the same as real cigs. Argh!

Edited by cndljen
removed original post

Hello ncurcio,

Funny you should ask, but yes I do and I hope I have all the menus for Speciality Restaurants.

I am going to have to test your patience because I dined again at 150 on the last night. I had heard from others on the ship that the second menu was more to their liking. Was it as good? Keep following!

BTW, I can't emphasise enough that you cannot judge what those meals will be like by the menus alone. I looked and thought... I'll give it a go. Couldn't have been more delighted.

I also appreciate your compliment given in a spirit of warm-hearted generosity as it was. :rolleyes: To be serious I am not so concerned about compliments, welcome as they are, if sincere. However I would love it if those following this review would just say even one word "Following". That's enough for me to know it is of interest. Not asking too much is it? :)

megacruiser

My compliment was definitely genuine, I just thought it was funny how all the posts had gone for a while. I will surely wait patiently for the menu on your second trip to 150; I am sure it will be a fun ride.