My review of the Royal Princess Jan 26/14

TorontoTL

Thanks for the pictures, I will be on the Royal 4/6 in this cabin.

I have googled endlessly for pics and have found a few (no obstruction even tho it's classified as one) but yours are the best! I have found a web site that have cabin photos, ******************** the site only has one pic for the Royal. thanks again, Cindi

I don't suppose you have a photo of Danka? Wondering if its the same person we had as a wonderful hostess on the Island. If it is, we'll hopefully see her on the Royal in October.

I didn't get a photo of Danka, but she was our junior waiter so I'm not sure she would have been a hostess before.

Thanks for the pictures, I will be on the Royal 4/6 in this cabin.

I have googled endlessly for pics and have found a few (no obstruction even tho it's classified as one) but yours are the best! I have found a web site that have cabin photos, ******************** the site only has one pic for the Royal. thanks again, Cindi

You're welcome Cindy. It was a great cabin, I loved the location, it was so quiet.

The meals in the expanded and new Alfredo's were fabulous. There was a great selection of thin crust Napoli styled pizzas, a calzone, a baked pasta and I think four different appetizers. Everything we ate was delicious. You could now have a four course meal there if you wanted! I would recommend this restaurant, which is complimentary, to anyone who likes pizza who sails on the Royal. The service was always attentive and we never had a wait for a table as there are so many tables and it was never full.

12581501173_266cde0fcd_c.jpg

12581378645_4be29b83ee_c.jpg

We also enjoyed the Ocean Terrace bar for one meal. Here you pay for your selection although there are a few items that are complimentary if you order a drink. We LOVED the crab margaritas there. They actually make a good sized lunch and I think that is what we did one day. They are a really good value, were they only $6 each and the hit of tequila at the end was a wonderful surprise. Again I would recommend you trying this if you sail on this ship.

12656421843_9b27645754_b.jpg

YUM We were on the Jan 12 cruise and one of our last nights we had the crab margarita for an appy and went to Alfredros for supper.

We shared the crab marg and it was as good as it looks :)

Love your pics :)

We actualy only had a main course each at Alfredos afterwards.

It was a lotta of crab for $6.00 YUM

Great food photos!

Since you like food photos! I have only one more, but it was delicious, oh so delicious. On the night of the Chef's Dinner, there is a chocolate lover's trio. It was probably the best desert I had on the ship.

12582799614_e789007b8a_b.jpg

The upper decks are also great during the day. I know there has been a lot of concern about a lack of shade, but I found that there were always loungers available, even on sea days, in the shade on the sun deck after of the Fountain Pool area on the Starboard side and Port sides of the ship.

I noticed that the pool areas and the walking/running track were quite windy on the first day at sea but on the two days at sea on the way back to Fort Lauderdale they weren't windy at all.

The Retreat Pool area was lovely but busy on sea days. It was a challenge to find a spot in the shade there, but there were always loungers available in the sun. I do wish the ship had a couple more hot tubs and ones in the shade as none of them on the ship currently offer any shade.

12581968074_751c7849b1_b.jpg

12581996594_39759010ac_b.jpg

12581639333_8ae2747741_b.jpg

[quote name='Mom33']Thanks for the night time pics on deck. The deck looks very welcoming.:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='janetz']Wonderful pictures! Are the pools open at night? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes the upper decks are really nice at night and yes, the pools are open at night as are the hot tubs.

[quote name='TorontoTL']Since you like food photos! I have only one more, but it was delicious, oh so delicious. On the night of the Chef's Dinner, there is a chocolate lover's trio. It was probably the best desert I had on the ship.

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7337/12582799614_e789007b8a_b.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Any other desserts (dinner time) that you would recommend? I'm on the Royal in March and would appreciate your recommendation.

Kathy