? about spa package

nana51

A group of gals and I are heading to Alaska on the Oosterdam in late July. We know we want the spa package but have a question as to the best time to buy it. I've heard both sides. Some say before the cruise, some say the first day of the cruise. If you get it on board the first day do you need to take the tour or can you just go and get the "first day deal". also if you buy it ahead of time and when you get on board and find it is cheaper will they reduce the cost.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have purchased it on board, and not been forced to take the tour. It would have been a waste of my time, and delayed Steiner from getting my money.
Another time a friend had booked in advance for the two of us, but we found the price less on embarkation day. They refunded the difference to the on-board account. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Basically, if you are sure you want to have it, and you are expecting a full ship, I'd say, order it in advance. You'll pay for it in advance, but you can reduce costs on board if they have a cheaper deal.

If you aren't that sure or aren't that bothered if you miss out (small chance), then do it on board and keep your $ in your pocket for as long as possible.

If you have a large group who all want to enjoy the spa together, book in advance too, because you know that if one of the gals misses out, it's going to be a problem for all. Edited by cruise_bunnies