COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

I just saw on the CC news page that the entire cast of Love Boat will be named the godparents of Regal Princess in a ceremony on 11/5/14!

That is great news !!! Good job Princess for choosing the ones that brought attention to the Princess brand & of course the enjoyable shows that they did.

Some nice prices on the Transatlantic if anyone is interested.

INTERIOR BALCONY DELUXE BALCONY

$1,499 $2,299 $2,499$

More price drops for the Maiden TA on Regal if anyone is interested...

NOW*

$1,599

$1,999

$2,099

Inside, Balcony, Deluxe Balcony

I just saw on the CC news page that the entire cast of Love Boat will be named the godparents of Regal Princess in a ceremony on 11/5/14!

So, do you think they'll wear out the ship's horn playing the 'Love Boat' theme?

Did you notice this thread has 100,000 views now?

Very cool!!! But still a far cry from the original 'Everything' thread, which now clocks in with 673,475 Views and 5,918 Posts, the biggest ever on this Princess Forum. ;)

:D

Very cool!!! But still a far cry from the original 'Everything' thread, which now clocks in with 673,475 Views and 5,918 Posts, the biggest ever on this Princess Forum. ;)

Dave, do you happen to know what the count was when that thread was locked away?

(or did I mis-interpret your use of the word "now.")

Dave, do you happen to know what the count was when that thread was locked away?

(or did I mis-interpret your use of the word "now.")

The post count would be the same as I listed, and I'm sure at the time it was Locked that it had over a half-million views (which can still change as people search out info and click on that thread).

Dave' date=' I read somewhere Cruise Critic gave an award for your Royal thread. Is that true? Where can we read about it?

If it's true, congratulations! If it's not true, we would all applaud you and give you an award if we could:D[/quote']

No 'reward', but the thread was given a Five Gold Star rating. Those two threads, the 'Everything' thread for Royal Princess and this 'Countdown' thread for Regal, was the most fun I have ever had on Cruise Critic.

No 'reward', but the thread was given a Five Gold Star rating. Those two threads, the 'Everything' thread for Royal Princess and this 'Countdown' thread for Regal, was the most fun I have ever had on Cruise Critic.

Dave;

You did one heck of a job. I only hope you continue your excellent work.....:):):)

Bob

Dave;

You did one heck of a job. I only hope you continue your excellent work.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob!

No, there won't be a 'Three-peat' thread for the newest Princess due out in 2017. I've officially retired from cruising, and am trying (albeit without much success ;)) to keep a low profile here. By time the keel is laid for the newest addition to the fleet I'll only be a distant memory on this forum.

Hi Bob!

No, there won't be a 'Three-peat' thread for the newest Princess due out in 2017. I've officially retired from cruising, and am trying (albeit without much success ;)) to keep a low profile here. By time the keel is laid for the newest addition to the fleet I'll only be a distant memory on this forum.

Dave;

Retired from cruising:eek:. Say it ain't so.....:(:(:(

Bob

Hi Bob!

Say what? You can't retire from cruising. That's crazy talk. Hope you change your mind.

Hi Bob!

You, my friend, will never be a distant memory on this forum!! As long as the Royal is sailing, people will know who you are - the rest of us will make certain of that.:D

Hope you are well - you are missed here. Take care - Kay (aka S'ville Gals)

Is that commentary on Royal?

If it were, only because it was the best two weeks I have ever spent on a cruise ship. The combination of friends, food, and a stunning ship surpassed anything I have been a part of in 50 cruises.

People change, as do our lives, but there are other reasons for which we won't get into here. ;)

Sorry to hear that Dave. I wish you well and all the best!

I remember when I asked you to post a picture of yourself, so we all could put a face with your name, and you did. Thanks for all your hard work! :(:(

If it were, only because it was the best two weeks I have ever spent on a cruise ship. The combination of friends, food, and a stunning ship surpassed anything I have been a part of in 50 cruises.

People change, as do our lives, but there are other reasons for which we won't get into here. ;)

Dave, Are you still doing the Regal this year or was your cruise on the Royal your last cruise? If the Royal was the last, it looks like you went out on a personal high. Thank's for all of the great work you did on the Royal and Regal threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Dave, it was largely thanks to all your good work on the Royal thread that we had such a wonderful first cruise on the Royal maiden TA. So much so that we have two more cruises scheduled on the Royal in 2015. Again, due to your good work on the Regal thread, I could resist trying her out on a Caribbean cruise this fall. We will miss you and your wisdom and humor on CC--I hope even if you "retire" from cruising that you'll still be active on CC. You have contributed so much and we have all benefited from your knowledge and expertise. Wishing you all the best.

Susan

Best of luck my friend in your future pursuits.....:):):)

Bob

Dear Friend Dave:

You may not be sailing with us this year on the Regal but we will think of you every moment we are on board. You have been our inspiration..We look forward to posting a huge photo of you in the art gallery for all to see our DAVE!!

Good luck and God speed.

The Kids

Sheila and Marty

Just wanted to say thanks for all the input into the Royal and Regal threads ... we're back from our Regal cruise in the med & it was amazing - a group of people from your countdown thread were on our cruise as well and we've had an amazing time. A bit like you said - the combination of friends (from cruise critic in our case), food and an amazing ship helped create an amazing holiday - our first cruise in this case.

All the info you shared, photos, web cams, marine app map and inside knowledge were just brilliant - it all added to the big build up of our cruise. Wondering around the ship, I thought of you and all your photos when looking at the artwork/interior design around the ship.

So thanks for all your effort - I do hope you get to enjoy the Regal.

😀

Dave,

I would also like to express my thanks for your Royal & Regal introductions. My family absolutely loved our Med cruise this year on the Regal and your "tips" were so helpful.

Best Wishes in your future travels,

Julie