Allure just 4 pictures

I have the D50 too. I need to upgrade too. The D50 only holds an old-school 2GB SD card (not that I ever ran out of space).

I have a few nice lenses, and I would imagine Nikon has not changed their mounts, so I can still use my 70-300 beauty.

Mind me askign why you choose the D7100?

I got the 7100 after reading reviews, great processor, live view, able to shoot multiple exposures to get a HDR photo. It is the highest rated DX Nikon DSLR and I did not want to spend the big bucks for a full frame Nikon. I also had a few lenses and did not want to buy new ones if I got a different brand. All the lenses fit the new body. I have had it now for about 6 months and really love the camera. The camera also has two SD slots so I shoot one slot in Raw and the back up in jpeg.

What great pictures!!! I remember looking over at the aqua theater from behind the flow riders and I love the black and white...

I'm going to take a peek at your review. :-)

Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy the Oasis.... Maybe that'll be the next to book ;-)

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I got the 7100 after reading reviews, great processor, live view, able to shoot multiple exposures to get a HDR photo. It is the highest rated DX Nikon DSLR and I did not want to spend the big bucks for a full frame Nikon. I also had a few lenses and did not want to buy new ones if I got a different brand. All the lenses fit the new body. I have had it now for about 6 months and really love the camera. The camera also has two SD slots so I shoot one slot in Raw and the back up in jpeg.

Which imaging editor software do you use? Those colours are super vibrant. Great job!

What great pictures!!! I remember looking over at the aqua theater from behind the flow riders and I love the black and white...

I'm going to take a peek at your review. :-)

Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy the Oasis.... Maybe that'll be the next to book ;-)

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello Traci,

thanks for the compliment!! I hope you like the review and please post on that review if you fouind it interesting and fun

Caneguy

Thanks for the shots to remind me how much I enjoyed your Allure review! :D

Now I'm ready for Oasis in March--not sure how you can get photos any more stunning than these with your new camera, but I'll be following along for sure!!!

Which imaging editor software do you use? Those colours are super vibrant. Great job!

Hello Toddcan,

I am using Lightroom 4. It works great and I learned what little I know from YouTube video's. The pictures are jpeg as I did not shoot in RAW at that time. RAW files are amazing on what you can bring out of a picture.

Glad you liked the results.

Caneguy

Thanks for the shots to remind me how much I enjoyed your Allure review! :D

Now I'm ready for Oasis in March--not sure how you can get photos any more stunning than these with your new camera, but I'll be following along for sure!!!

Thank you so much.

What date are you sailing on the Oasis? We are going on 3/22 Eastern with our friends from Indiana and their two girls, 16 and 19.

Caneguy

A great selection for 4 photos. :):):):)

Thanks so much. Just looked at these from my review from our trip last year on the Allure and thought I would post them.

Full review is: allure 1-6-13 with pictures

Going to do another review after our Oasis trip departing on 3/22

Caneguy

Thank you so much.

What date are you sailing on the Oasis? We are going on 3/22 Eastern with our friends from Indiana and their two girls, 16 and 19.

Caneguy

Not sailing Oasis until next year (sniff, sniff :( )

When I said I was ready for "Oasis in March", I was referring to your review!

Thanks (in advance) for taking the time to share your journey with us. I'm really looking forward to it!

Not sailing Oasis until next year (sniff, sniff :( )

When I said I was ready for "Oasis in March", I was referring to your review!

Thanks (in advance) for taking the time to share your journey with us. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks for the compliment!! I hope I can write a good review and take some good pictures.

Caneguy