question regarding cheers beverage program

harmcruiser

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to decide if the cheers alcohol beverage program is worth the money or not. My biggest concern are exclusions, will I end up paying for stuff anyway on top of the already expensive prices. Would love to get some advice on this.

Thanks!

first I dont think you can. After 15 drinks , they will not allow you to purchase more (this has been debated)

Second, if you can drink more that 15 drinks in a 24 hour period and IF they let you continue to drink, you will have to pay so no one knows if its worth it unless you tell us how much you can drink in a 24 hour period

all alcohol under $10 is included. anything over $10 you get a 25% discount.

you need to be more specific for anyone to know if its worth it.

Beverages Excluded From The Program:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.
  • Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.
  • Bottles of liquor.
  • Bottled water (offered at a 25% discount).
  • Beverages offered at gangway while debarking.
  • Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.
  • The sharing of cocktails and floaters.
  • Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer, and beer tubes.
  • Wine and champagne by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount).
  • All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount).
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines.
  • Coffee beverages and food items.
  • All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

first I dont think you can. After 15 drinks , they will not allow you to purchase more (this has been debated)

Second, if you can drink more that 15 drinks in a 24 hour period and IF they let you continue to drink, you will have to pay so no one knows if its worth it unless you tell us how much you can drink in a 24 hour period

all alcohol under $10 is included. anything over $10 you get a 25% discount.

you need to be more specific for anyone to know if its worth it.

The first part of this post doesn't really apply. If you drink 15 included drinks, then it is worth it. You have saved money. Even if you figure only $5 per drink that's $75 in a day, and we all know there aren't any alcoholic drinks for $5.

The things I've considered when deciding was how much am I going to drink and, like you, will they all be under $10. I think you will be covered if you are only talking about alcoholic drinks. Sure there are a few specialty drinks and wines over that amount, but if you are like me and drink rum and cokes, or even long island iced teas you will be fine.

I'd also consider how many port days. For example I'm doing Valor with only 1 sea day, and we leave at 10PM the first day. I just don't think I'll have time to drink enough for it to be worth it.

Other than that use the restrictions in the post above to figure how much other money you will spend.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that most of the drinks are large with at least 2 shots in them. So it's probably closer to 30 drinks at a regular bar... that seems like a lot of alcohol to me to drink everyday for 7 days... but if that is how much you normally drink on vacation then go for it...