Compass vs. Woodwind

chamima

We were in Bonaire about three years ago and snorkeled with Compass.

It was a fabulous day!

At that time we chose Compass because it was reported that Woodwind had no shade on the boat.

We'll be in Bonaire again next year and would like some advice as to which company to book with.

I am not a strong swimmer and Gigi from Compass actually held one of my hands as we swam through the drift which made the trip so much more comfortable for me.

So, bottom line, is Compass still the only one that has shade on the boat and provides someone to physically help weaker swimmers?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't recall there being shade on deck with Woodwind but the cabin was available and there would always be some shade depending on which side of the sail you were seated on. With respect to weak swimmers - Woodwind was outstanding supporting them

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How much is woodwind charging?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just returned from Bonaire and did the Woodwind trip....$65 each, which included drinks, lunch, and all equipment (snorkel gear, rash guard shirts, wet suits, floatation devices...even prescription goggles!). Never saw so many fish, turtles and beautiful coral anywhere else! Best snorkeling experience we ever had!

Just returned from Bonaire and did the Woodwind trip....$65 each, which included drinks, lunch, and all equipment (snorkel gear, rash guard shirts, wet suits, floatation devices...even prescription goggles!). Never saw so many fish, turtles and beautiful coral anywhere else! Best snorkeling experience we ever had!

Thanks for posting this. We're heading there soon and have them booked so glad to know you liked it. Also glad to hear they have wet suits. Were there enough for everyone who wanted one? I'm such a wuss if the water is not very warm! I've never been on a tour that offered them before.

Thanks for posting this. We're heading there soon and have them booked so glad to know you liked it. Also glad to hear they have wet suits. Were there enough for everyone who wanted one? I'm such a wuss if the water is not very warm! I've never been on a tour that offered them before.

They have plenty of equipment for everyone! I did not snorkel with the wetsuit at the first stop and after about an hour in the water started to get cold, which caused me to tense up and pinch a nerve in my neck/shoulder area. Used the wetsuit at the second stop and was much warmer. Never used one before so it felt a bit weird at first, but after the warm water filled the inside of my suit and warmed to my body temperature I didn't feel cold after that. Have a great trip....you are going to love what you see underwater!

They have plenty of equipment for everyone! I did not snorkel with the wetsuit at the first stop and after about an hour in the water started to get cold, which caused me to tense up and pinch a nerve in my neck/shoulder area. Used the wetsuit at the second stop and was much warmer. Never used one before so it felt a bit weird at first, but after the warm water filled the inside of my suit and warmed to my body temperature I didn't feel cold after that. Have a great trip....you are going to love what you see underwater!

Thanks so much for the info about the wetsuit. I will definitely start out with one. When I booked it I was worried about being in the water that long without getting cold. Good to know there's an alternative. You are right about snorkeling in Bonaire. It is fabulous. We've done it before but had our own equipement and went in from shore. We decided to do something different this time.

• 3 weeks later...

We had the same experience--couldn't believe the level of service and helpfulness. Note that there is a professional dive photographer along who will photograph your excursion and provide pictures on a turtle-shaped flash drive for $35. It's well worth the price, in my opinion. We have excellent pictures of the two of us swimming together, and beautiful pictures of the sea life to remind us of our time on/around Bonaire.

Lunch was a delicious noodle dish with sides of plantains and other local items. Rum punch, beer, and mixed drinks were served, and they were pouring Bacardi, Ballantine's, etc.

We can't say enough about our time with Woodwind and Dee, who guided us through our snorkeling.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Woodwind is AWESOME. We loved our tour with them. Can't say enough good things about our day! We reviewed our experience in our blog, link is in the signature.

I followed your link and enjoyed your various blog posts about your Caribbean travels. We'll be visiting the Bermuda FunGolf in October thanks to you! Thanks so much.

Woodwind will give you a wetsuit to wear if you are concerned about feeling cold. They also provide prescription masks. We have gone with them four times - each time has been unique. This past time we went in the afternoon and saw plenty of turtles and lion fish. The corals are amazing. Woodwind provides a first class excursion.

Edited by Jeal

• 2 weeks later...

Woodwind trimaran had no shade on the deck. That's the worst thing about the excursion. My 30 Jan 2015 trip with Woodwind was the absolute best excursion I've ever had. I booked early and online. It was $65 pay on board. Drinks, a meal, all snorkeling equip including prescription goggles, wetsuits and even flotation devices included. Dee and the crew were totally focused on our enjoyment of the experience and our safety. Boat's photographer took great underwater shots for extra fee. I can't recommend Woodwind highly enough.

I couldn't agree with Pawperrazi more. We were also with Woodwind last week. They are a class act and though no shade, we did get some from the sail. The tri handles water very well, as that was the only downfall of our trip. Very windy and wavy, but they did everything to accommodate. You can't beat it.

We were also with choozin cruzin on Feb 2,2015. Woodwind could not have been better as far as a company to work with. Prompt replies and very friendly. We had a very windy day--one of the worst in a while but we still had a great time. They had everything you would need including prescription masks! The boat was smooth despite the wind and the snorkeling was very good. I imagine it would have been better is the seas had been calmer. Our guide pointed out fish to us when we were out snorkeling.

The photographer took some nice pictures that you could preview on an I-pad on the way back.

Would book with them again if we are ever in Bonaire.

Is there a website for the Woodwind company?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

We used Woodwind back in November and had the best time. In addition to all the great comments above about equipment provided and service, they also had a great hot lunch for us and very good bar service. We still look at the underwater pictures with amazement.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Can any of you past Woodwind guests tell me how many people were on your tour?

Thanks

I just got back from my cruise on the Carnival Valor and we did the Woodwind tour which was fantastic BTW. I went with the early group (8:15am) and we had about 25 people and we were split into groups of about 8 folks per snorkel guide.

Edited by lavie12