Mariner of the Seas 5/2/04

adamken

Hey...trying to decide between the Mariner and the Explorer on this sailing date. The Explorer leaves on 5/1 for an 8-night sailing to the Eastern and the Mariner leaves on 5/2 for a 7-night sailing to the Eastern. I've been on the Mariner twice already and really love it, but have not been on the Explorer. Have you previously been on the Explorer? If so, let me know...maybe it will help me decide. Thanks.

Adam and Ken,
Okay, so I booked the Mariner for May 2nd. I'll not be traveling alone, but would love to be able to meet up with you all at some point...any ideas? Do you have your cabin assignment yet? Where are you guys from?

CruiseMuscle,
I'm not sure if your question was directed at me, but in case it was, here's my answer. I chose the Mariner over the Explorer mainly because it leaves out of Port Canaveral. I can get to Port Canaveral in about 2 1/2 hours verses Miami in about 4 hours. Another plus, is that I'll probably stop in for a quick visit at an Orlando theme park pre or post cruise and that will be directly on my way to or from Port Canaveral. I've already been on the Mariner, too, so I know what to expect. Will you be cruising on the Mariner?

You want to find family on-board. I have the easy solution for you!

I just noticed that Matt Yee is going to be doing his show in the Schooner Bar. It is the most fun you'll ever have in a piano bar.

You guys are very lucky! He enterained us on the Explorer in 2002 - and had the entire bar packed every night.

Sit around the piano while he twinkles the keys. This way you can watch the master work up close. Matt has a real knack for "casting" his bits right out of the audience. Not only is his show hilarious - it's full of inside jokes!

I especially love the bit with the boa and wig! Have fun.

PS - Please put a good word in for the 5/30 sailing! I've sent Matt an email asking if there's any chance he'll extend his contract so we can see him. My partner and I go out on the Mariner then.

Explorer of the Seas 2002
Mariner of the Seas 2004

[img]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/img/log/gbl_rccl_log.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info, rbianco! I believe that was the guy we saw last year on the Navigator. Well, I recall the boa and the wig anyway.... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We're really looking forward to the Mariner....should be a blast.

Archived