Cruise Critic Community
Cruz-OR

Princess give OBC for Military and STOCKHOLDERS of Carnival stock

I'm interested to know also.

My wife and I are both entitled to the Military Credits. Hers always apply automatically and I have to always chase it up to get it put on there. They have played with my account multiple times but still can't seem to get it sorted automatically.

That is odd. It must be possible to have both family members eligible for the benefit as my wife and I are both retired military and ours gets credited just like clockwork every time. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that, should I!! :confused::confused:

Thanks for your service as well as everybody else here who is prior service.

Tom

I am Aussie so treat this for what you will as it may be different in your part of the world.

I contacted my Cruise Coordinator by phone to check on some 'thing' related to my cruise.

When I mentioned my previously recognised Military Service she looked up my file history and 'linked it' so I shall never have to re-apply for the recognition again. It is 'attached' to any booking I make.

We are cruising next week, with my Military OBC ($250), our Future Cruise Deposit ($150 each) and a special offer from Princess ($100 each) we will enjoy $750 OBC.

As my drill Seargent said - never volunteer any information, however in this case I disagree. Volunteer your Service details and get some benefits back.

Thank you Princess and thank you all other Military Vets for your service.

I am Aussie so treat this for what you will as it may be different in your part of the world.

I contacted my Cruise Coordinator by phone to check on some 'thing' related to my cruise.

When I mentioned my previously recognised Military Service she looked up my file history and 'linked it' so I shall never have to re-apply for the recognition again. It is 'attached' to any booking I make.

We are cruising next week, with my Military OBC ($250), our Future Cruise Deposit ($150 each) and a special offer from Princess ($100 each) we will enjoy $750 OBC.

As my drill Seargent said - never volunteer any information, however in this case I disagree. Volunteer your Service details and get some benefits back.

Thank you Princess and thank you all other Military Vets for your service.

Hi there

Just be a bit cautious & check that it gets applied to your next cruise. As with some of the others posting on this forum my husbands Military benefit is never automatically applied. We reapply every cruise & they assure us we won't have to do it again. Guess what next cruise nothing !!!!!

Good luck

Dianne

Hi there

Just be a bit cautious & check that it gets applied to your next cruise. As with some of the others posting on this forum my husbands Military benefit is never automatically applied. We reapply every cruise & they assure us we won't have to do it again. Guess what next cruise nothing !!!!!

Good luck

Dianne

The reason you have to "reapply every cruise" may be that you use a travel agent. If you are using a TA and he/she does not put in your Captain's Circle number then that is the reason you have to reapply. Your military benfit is linked to that number so it will not be there automatically if the TA doesn't link your number to your reservation. I don't know if scheduling cruises with Princess Australia works the same as Princess US for that feature or not, but you might check that. Of course, if you are scheduling your cruise on-line directly with Princess, I'd guess that's not the problem, but I thought I'd mention this anyway.

Tom

The reason you have to "reapply every cruise" may be that you use a travel agent. If you are using a TA and he/she does not put in your Captain's Circle number then that is the reason you have to reapply. Your military benfit is linked to that number so it will not be there automatically if the TA doesn't link your number to your reservation. I don't know if scheduling cruises with Princess Australia works the same as Princess US for that feature or not, but you might check that. Of course, if you are scheduling your cruise on-line directly with Princess, I'd guess that's not the problem, but I thought I'd mention this anyway.

Tom

Thanks Tom I will definitely check that out next time we book. I had thought that it was being connected as out OBC from our Future cruise deposits go on automatically.

Many thanks for the advise

Dianne

If you look in the cruise personalizer you can see if the military benefit is added to your account. My husband and son both have it showing on their accounts and it shows up on all cruises with no problem.

Does the military credit apply to the regular Carnival ships? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to get signed up? Off to google...

Does the military credit apply to the regular Carnival ships? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to get signed up? Off to google...

I don't believe so. My research on military OBC showed that the only cruise lines that offer onboard military credit for veterans are Princess and Cunard. Some other lines, such as Holland-America may offer some price reductions on some cruises to veterans or current active duty military personnel but nobody but the two lines I just mentioned offer on-board credit.

Tom

I don't believe so. My research on military OBC showed that the only cruise lines that offer onboard military credit for veterans are Princess and Cunard. Some other lines, such as Holland-America may offer some price reductions on some cruises to veterans or current active duty military personnel but nobody but the two lines I just mentioned offer on-board credit.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! Will have to look into those for the next one!

Thanks, Tom! Will have to look into those for the next one!
P&O Australia gives it also. :cool:

FYI, If you're a National Guardsman like me whose only activations have been Title 32, the SCRA website might not show you as having any active duty time. I called Princess, and told them the situation, and they made a note on my file to have a supervisor verify when I sent in documentation. I sent a copy of my current orders, most recent LES, and a copy of my ID. OBC showed up on my booking today.

One of the best things about Princess! On our Hawaii cruise in April I had $550 OBC total - $50 booking promotion, $250 shareholder and $250 military. Its also per military member. My parents are both prior military as are my sister and her husband, and they got $250 each, not per cabin.

My wife and I are both veterans and also shareholders. Total of $750 on our last cruise, plus other OBC brought us to a total of $810 total OBC. Princess is great about combining ALL OBC!

The shareholder perk is great because it applies to ALL Carnival Corporation's cruise lines.

Edited by 1980dory
spelling correction

I always receive mine when booking. I never have to request the military OBC. However for the stock holder OBC yes. You need to request it. I usually get it credited in a few days. Even though the parent company is Carnival. Only sailing on the Princess will get you the military OBC. Other lines sometimes offer military discounts. I purchased Royal stock and promptly sold it when I found it it was worth having and it was double the cost of Carnivals stock.

Posting for reference as I didn't see it specifically mentioned earlier in the thread.  The Princess "Military Personnel Benefit
Onboard Credit Program" is tiered based on the length of your cruise:

Voyage Length --> OBC amount per qualified passenger
6 days or less --> $50
7–13 days --> $100
14 days or longer --> $250

And the link to the form currently available on the web: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

On 6/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, CruiseDigits said:

Posting for reference as I didn't see it specifically mentioned earlier in the thread.  The Princess "Military Personnel Benefit
Onboard Credit Program" is tiered based on the length of your cruise:

Voyage Length --> OBC amount per qualified passenger
6 days or less --> $50
7–13 days --> $100
14 days or longer --> $250

And the link to the form currently available on the web: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

For Australia and New Zealand us the same form, for the same benefits.  Submit via you Travel Agent or the Princess office in Aust or NZ. 

Edited by straitman