sooks and sangria deck no

Roaming Rover

anybody know which deck to choose there is 5/6 inside or 7/8/9/ inside which is the better of the two? it says it is an informal ship so what do people wear in the evening hopefully not shorts ......is there a captains night? do ladies wear long dresses can anyone tell me about the ports of call and where best to go when docked.has the ship had a refit do you know?::D:D:D:D

Hi RR from RR :D

personally I would choose 5/6 inside its probably a lot quieter down at the level ;)

Although its an Informal ship, the Ladies do like to dress up as do some of the lads, the Lads tend to wear smart casual on an evening and shorts are prohibited from 2 of the 3 restaurants apart from the beachcomber.

The Captains night tend to be for repeat passengers but IMHO it's a waste of time as it's just a "how many times have you been on the Island escape" and the winner gets a bottle of champers plus a palmy badge, but trust me there are people on there that have been on more than 50 times?? makes my 20 looks poor lol.

The ship hasn't had a refurb in 3 years or more but some tarting up of the ship has been done.

So many place to comment on re Ports of call. But I'm sure there will a couples of "ladies" on here will comment soon.

RR

It's a long way up to deck 10, where the pool is, from 5/6 so it depends on what you like to do. If you have trouble getting the lift you will do a lot of stair climbing. From prowling around on the lower decks I would say that the cabins are in better condition higher up, just my opinion. Book a cabin midships if you can as there's less movement in choppy seas. I find that more people dress up on the IE than other ships I've been on which sounds a bit odd, not too formal though but plenty of long dresses and smart casual for the men. I think that in August it gets a bit more informal. I agree about Captains Night, just a showing off fest for people repeating the cruise dozens of time.:):)

Jan

Edited by ekco

I agree with everything RR and ekco have said.

We have been on both Deck 6 and 7 midship and felt no movement whatsoever. The climb up to deck 10 didn't bother me (and I am older than them both;)) and the only time I saw the inside of a lift was when it opened as we were passing. At the end of the two weeks I found I had lost 5lbs. We were also pleasantly surprised last September to comment on several evenings that the standard of dress (including long dresses) was better than Thomson's other ships had been recently.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

anybody know which deck to choose there is 5/6 inside or 7/8/9/ inside which is the better of the two? it says it is an informal ship so what do people wear in the evening hopefully not shorts ......is there a captains night? do ladies wear long dresses can anyone tell me about the ports of call and where best to go when docked.has the ship had a refit do you know?::D:D:D:D

Hi there....I've put some info about the ports of call on the other Souks and Sangria thread. It's post number 26...

we have stayed on Deck 6 and 7 and preferred 6 for a more comfortable ride.... near to midships is best for stability and close to staircase and lifts....if the lifts were busy there we used to go forward and use those lifts which were nearly always empty....lots wore long dresses ...but maxi dresses rather than ball gowns!!!! The ship had been smartened up last time we went on her (2012) with new carpets in the cabins and shower cubicles tidied up a bit, we found her to be clean and comfortable but a bit dated. :)

I agree with everything RR and ekco have said.

We have been on both Deck 6 and 7 midship and felt no movement whatsoever. The climb up to deck 10 didn't bother me (and I am older than them both;)) and the only time I saw the inside of a lift was when it opened as we were passing. At the end of the two weeks I found I had lost 5lbs. We were also pleasantly surprised last September to comment on several evenings that the standard of dress (including long dresses) was better than Thomson's other ships had been recently.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Just how old are you then Jan, lol? We never got the lift on the IE as it was always full from decks 3 and 4. We were up and down those stairs like a monkey up a pole.:D:D

Jan

Just how old are you then Jan, lol? We never got the lift on the IE as it was always full from decks 3 and 4. We were up and down those stairs like a monkey up a pole. Jan

Hi Jan

As old as my tongue but younger than my teeth (those I've got left);)

Jan:)

Hi Jan

Correction to last post: As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth. Yesterday was not a good day and when I posted I was running around not knowing which way was up.:eek:

Jan:)

Ha, ha, same here, You made me laugh though.:D:D

Jan