kccrzr

Radiance of the Seas Down Under (2/14/14-3/3/14) Sydney to Perth - Review with Photos

In early 2012, as my youngest daughter began her second semester of college, I began looking for cruises to Asia as she wanted to go to Japan. I never did find an itinerary I liked at a time that would work for all of us, so I ended up booking a Southern Caribbean cruise in December over her Winter break. (I am still on the lookout for a great cruise to Asia). However, as I was searching for Asia cruises, I happened across a cruise on Radiance of the Seas with a great itinerary including ports in both Australia and New Zealand at a time that would work for DH and me (but not our daughters). When I saw that aft corner JS 1100 was available, I jumped on it and made a courtesy hold.

This was a cruise of firsts for us:

First cruise to the Southern Hemisphere;

First cruise for DH as a D+;

First cruise in cabin 1100;

First cruise booked with a membership club TA (we got great OBC);

First ocean cruise without children;

First cruise where we purchased a specialty dining package;

First cruise over 12 nights;

First cruise planned so far in advance (22 months);

First cruise where the number of sea days (7) equaled the length of an average cruise; and

First time I thought I was ready to come home before a cruise ended (yes, you read that right!) more on that later and why I eventually decided I could use 7 additional days on-board.

Pre-Cruise Planning:

Planning so far in advance paid off in a number of ways. On the day they opened bookings for the dates we needed, we were able to reserve a great room in a great location at the Marriott Circular Quay using reward points. More on the hotel later.

We were also able to get discounts on our international flights through a promotion Qantas was running with the Oprah show as a result of a trip Oprah took to Australia. One thing that didn't work out so well was the changes in flights between the time we booked them in April 2013 and the trip. It ended up taking us several hours longer to get home than originally expected due to changes in connecting flight schedules.

Our cruise itinerary changed as well. We were originally scheduled to stop in Christchurch, NZ and Albany, AU. We subsequently received emails from our TA saying tendering in Akaroa had been substituted for Christchurch (due to catastrophic damage from an earthquake several years ago) and Albany had been dropped in favor of a sea day.

Visa: I used Easy ETA (http://easyeta.com/) to obtain our travel visas. It cost only $9.95 each and I received email confirmation within an hour.

Dining: I reserved the Chef's Dining Package in advance as a surprise because we were celebrating DH's 56th birthday on-board and I wanted to make sure we could experience the Chef's Table on his actual birthdate. That ended up not happening. More on that later.

Research: In addition to the always excellent information available on cruise critic, I conducted a lot of internet research. I also like the DK Eyewitness Guides (which admittedly are more picture books than traditional travel guides - but they are excellent photographs) and purchased one for New Zealand. I will add some internet links as I go along for the various ports.

More to follow, including photos (hopefully)....

Edited by kccrzr

For Asian cruises focusing on Japan, try looking at Princess cruises.. they have great 10 day Japan cruises this year originating and ending in Yokohama in Tokyo.

One IT goes to north Russia and Hokkaido, others explore south like Kyushu and onsens, and some goes to Taiwan and Japan.

This is for this year, not sure if they have the same IT for next year.

Last night I originally drafted a longer initial post with several photographs but it took me so long to complete it that I was automatically logged out of the CC system and the post was wiped. %*#*$!

So please bear with me as it will take me a while to post the entire review since it was such a long cruise and my boss for some reason expects me to actually work now that I am back.

Meanwhile, here is a teaser:

13206020205_a42911cc3f.jpg

Sydney Harbour Bridge and a peek at the Radiance from the Executive Lounge of the Marriott Circular Quay on embarkation day.

We were in 1104!!

Those balconies really spoil other rooms for you, don't they?

Ports included:

Sydney

Picton, NZ

Wellington, NZ

Akaroa, NZ

Dunedin, NZ

Cruising Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds

Melbourne, AU

Adelaide, AU

Esperance, AU

Perth, AU

Packing:

Beginning about 3 weeks out from the cruise I started tracking weather for all of the ports on weather.com. There was quite a range with the high daily temperatures ranging from 57-102 degrees F. I knew layering and mix & match pieces were called for and although I am usually decisive I had some difficulty deciding on what to take - DH said I was obsessing. :rolleyes: In my defense, we were trying to minimize luggage as we knew we wanted to take the train from the airport in Sydney to Circular Quay and from the port in Fremantle to our hotel in Perth.

I finally just started laying out the clothes and accessories I thought I wanted to take in a spare bedroom and then edited from there:

13096754125_ea3e8564a7.jpg

The guys may not understand this because my husband, as you will see, is happy packing polo shirts and 3 pair of shoes but I thought I was doing great to get the shoes down to 6 pairs for a 3+ week trip:

13096750675_bec37fcacc.jpg

I am glad I planned on layers as the weather was not nearly as warm as we expected - more on that to come.

Most importantly though was CASH. After not being able to use our credit card in Stockholm a few years ago despite having obtained a 4 digit PIN, I now always estimate what we will need and we order cash from our bank. Our currency for this trip came in two days - and it sure beats having to look for ATMs while we would rather be touring. The currency for Australia and New Zealand is so incredibly beautiful and interesting, I had to take some photos:

Australian Currency:

13205599185_bffaa27476.jpg

New Zealand Currency:

13205579975_e6c3e8fa48.jpg

Trip Day:

Trip Day dawned gray and dreary (as so many have this winter). We were so looking forward to this trip for many reasons, including the fact that we were just ready to get out of town. It was a long, cold (unusually COLD) and snowy (unusually SNOWY) winter and we couldn't wait to get somewhere warm.

One of the downsides of such a long trip for us was how much we missed our dog. This is Sookie on trip day - before she figured out she was not going on a road trip with us:

13205755073_95364b861b.jpg

It always seems a little surreal to go from this (29 degrees and snow) in the morning:

13231991324_9d763a6987.jpg

to this (72 degrees and palm trees) in the evening:

13231998404_3bd1006e81.jpg

Though it does make me re-think our choice of hometowns. :D

Because we wanted to arrive in Sydney several days prior to our cruise which departed on a Friday, we knew we would have to leave the US by Monday at the latest. Since we were taking the whole week off work anyway, we decided to fly Southwest from Kansas City to Orange County on Saturday and spend a few days in Anaheim before flying Qantas from LAX to Sydney. This really worked well for us - not only did it break up what otherwise would have been a very long trip to Sydney, we were able to save some money on flights by flying Southwest for one leg and we got the added benefit of being able to spend some time at the happiest place on earth.

In my book, it is always a good meal when you can eat outside. On our first evening we ate at Roy's in Anaheim (https://www.roysrestaurant.com/locations/CA/anaheim.asp).

We enjoyed some nice wine and all of the food was good - from the edamame beans provided as a gratuity to the Rim Fired Calamari and Teppanyaki Shrimp. DH had a special 3 entrée special with smaller portions of salmon, mahi mahi and Butterfish and he said they were all very different but very good.

And the sunset was the cherry on top of the cake - or maybe, the berries on top of the coconut ice cream would be more apt:

13206030783_374abed865.jpg

The coconut ice cream was good but not as good as Leopold's in Savannah. If you ever go there, you must try it!

Edited by kccrzr

Anaheim Hotel:

We stayed at The Candy Cane Inn (again) http://www.candycaneinn.net/ - . Despite its very cheesy name it consistently gets top reviews on trip advisor and is just down the street from Disneyland. You can purchase tickets for the part at the hotel and it has a free shuttle which runs every 30 minutes or so to the park, but we always walk. A nice continental breakfast is included, which you can enjoy at a nicely landscaped courtyard when the weather cooperates. We woke to a gray and dreary but snowless day - so we ate outside. (Any meal eaten outside is a good one).

13096879883_ea566809a4.jpg

After a leisurely breakfast and running back to the room to get our rain coats, we walked over to California Adventure arriving about 15 minutes after opening.

DH was in such a good mood because he was on vacation I was able to talk him into riding California Screamin' roller coaster:

13097064234_2a69a9354a.jpg

As you can see, he was thrilled to do it:

13096882883_3a6846c1fe.jpg

He survived without going into cardiac arrest but demanded more tame entertainment:

13096885883_e20d242f69.jpg

A relatively quiet lunch as far from the madding crowd as possible was called for, so we ate at Wine Country Trattoria at California Adventure.

13097052464_4479fbf921.jpg

Not only can you enjoy a bottle of wine - you can (yes, you guessed it) eat outdoors!

13096895253_fc4cc8f472.jpg

The food is decent; sometimes, like this beautiful heirloom tomato caprese salad, excellent:

13096776915_32aa187ab4.jpg

Monday morning we got up bright and early and got to Disneyland at opening - doesn't it look like the happiest place on earth?

13096781465_14ef15ae3b.jpg

Dinner that night was at Tortilla Jo's at Downtown Disney (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney-district/tortilla-jos/). Reviews are not spectacular but we found the tableside guacamole excellent. And, you can eat outside!

13097077054_6ba849b402.jpg

With the Jewel making some trips out of LA in the future, I thought some people might find a bit of information about Anaheim useful. However, since the focus of the thread is really our experiences in Australia/New Zealand, the next post will be about....SYDNEY

Trip Day:

Trip Day dawned gray and dreary (as so many have this winter). We were so looking forward to this trip for many reasons, including the fact that we were just ready to get out of town. It was a long, cold (unusually COLD) and snowy (unusually SNOWY) winter and we couldn't wait to get somewhere warm.

One of the downsides of such a long trip for us was how much we missed our dog. This is Sookie on trip day - before she figured out she was not going on a road trip with us:

13205755073_95364b861b.jpg

OMG! Sookie is adorable. It's so hard to leave our fur babies when we go anywhere, let alone gone for a couple of weeks. I'm really enjoying your review so far. I look forward to more.

Can't wait to read more! Nothing like a trip report that includes Disneyland AND Australia/New Zealand - nice! Also looking forward to seeing Radiance. We will be on her next year for Alaska.

What a great start to your review, I am looking forward to reading it, as it is one of the cruise that we want to take.

Can't wait to read more! Nothing like a trip report that includes Disneyland AND Australia/New Zealand - nice! Also looking forward to seeing Radiance. We will be on her next year for Alaska.

It was a great trip and I feel so fortunate we were able to get time off work and DH would humor me and go to Disneyland on the way. I first went there when I was in high school and have loved it ever since. DH is not so enamored but agreed afterwards that it was great to break up the trip and to be able to get a lot of walking in before the prolonged flight.

Last time we were at Disneyland, construction of Cars Land was underway so this was the first time we saw it completed. We thought it was particularly well done, and was especially beautiful at night:

13097068294_48b4555472.jpg

Shuttle Service to LAX:

Monday evening, after a fun-filled day at Disneyland, we returned to the hotel, collected our luggage and took Karmel Shuttle (http://www.karmel.com/) to LAX. There was only one other couple on the shuttle - they were headed to LAX to take a different flight to New Zealand where they were going to stay for several days before getting on a Princess cruise. We first used Karmel quite a few years ago to get to San Pedro cruise port when RCI was cruising from there to Mexico. They are very reasonably priced (we saved quite a bit from what it would have cost us to rent a car at SNA and return it at LAX) and we have had no issues with their service.

Flight:

We arrived at LAX in good time and checked in with the gate agent, who told us we would have to weigh our carry on bags. Because they weighed over 15 lbs, we were told we would have to check them. Luckily, we were still within the allowance for checked bags so did not have to pay extra. It did seem that this rule was inconsistently applied. Not only did we see others in the same seat class as us with what looked to be much heavier bags but others on the cruise who also flew Qantas from LAX told us they were not even asked to weigh their bags.

We had a 10:20 pm flight from LAX Monday night, arriving Sydney at 8:20 am on Wednesday morning, after crossing the International Dateline and a 15 hour flight. After reading for several hours, I took a sleeping pill because I have a difficult time sleeping on planes. I was so glad I had the pill as well as a set of earplugs I picked up from a hotel last time I was in NYC - they got me through the night, despite the snoring coming from the next seat. :eek:

The service on Qantas was excellent. It seemed like we were always being offered food and/or drinks. The selection of movies, tv shows, and music offered on the on-board entertainment service was also very good.

As we prepared for landing, we filled out the first two of many Australian custom forms. Every time we went into Australia or left we had to complete two forms, one for each of us (rather than 1 form per family like in the U.S.). Upon landing we were able to use an electronic kiosk to speed up the customs process as our passports have an electronic chip in them as reflected in an icon on the front of the covers which looks like a box with a circle in the middle.

Train to Sydney:

I had done some research ahead of time and decided to take the train, called the Airport Link, from the airport to Circular Quay. It cost $17.20 AUD each, so saved us some money compared to a taxi or limo. There was an information booth in the terminal with a much shorter line than the one downstairs where the train platform is located. The trains came every 10 minutes or so and it was only a 22 minute trip to Circular Quay.

We walked to the end of the platform as there were several minutes before the next train was scheduled to arrive. If you have time and aren't overloaded with luggage, I recommend doing that. The ends of each train car had double decker seating requiring steps up or down. However, in the middle were 4 seats on each side which did not require going up or down the stairs and there was room for luggage without hampering others getting on or off the train.

Airport Link has an easily understood, informative website: http://www.airportlink.com.au/faqs/index.php

Great start on your report, looking forward to more and lots of pictures. :D

Australia/New Zealand is an area Marie and I have not yet explored but would love to some day.

Thanks again.

Enjoying your review so far. Looking forward to the rest. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!:):)

I am enjoying your review and photos and look forward to reading more. I was on the same cruise, so we had similar experiences with long flight and packing dilemmas. I also expected warmer weather than we got, and wished I had packed more long pants and long sleeved tops. It was a fantastic cruise, beautiful scenery, especially going through the Sounds in New Zealand.

Suzanne

I am enjoying your review and photos and look forward to reading more. I was on the same cruise, so we had similar experiences with long flight and packing dilemmas. I also expected warmer weather than we got, and wished I had packed more long pants and long sleeved tops. It was a fantastic cruise, beautiful scenery, especially going through the Sounds in New Zealand.

Suzanne

It was a beautiful cruise- even with the chilly weather. Luckily, there was a shop next door to our hotel in Anaheim which I ran into right before getting on the shuttle to the airport in order to buy a wine opener and on impulse, purchased a sweatshirt. I feel like I already got my monies worth on that purchase as I wore it several times during the cruise, including while in the sounds.

Hotel in Sydney:

As I mentioned, we stayed at the Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sydmc-sydney-harbour-marriott-hotel-at-circular-quay/). We could not have been happier with the hotel. And we were able to use reward points to book it, which made it all the sweeter. If you have been saving up your Marriott points, use them here - you will not be disappointed!

The location on Pitt Street was only 1-1/2 blocks from the Circular Quay train station/bus stops/ferries and only 2 blocks from the Overseas Passenger Terminal. We didn't need a taxi at all.

Once we made it through the long flight, DH and I both thought Sydney was the most convenient cruise port we have sailed from. We were able to walk absolutely everywhere we wanted to go or to public transportation which was overall very well maintained, had convenient schedules and was reasonably priced.

Even after waiting for luggage at the airport, going through customs, taking the Airport Link train and walking to the hotel pulling our luggage behind, we still made it there by about 9:50 am. We were very pleasantly surprised to find out that the hotel had a room available for us as we expected to check our bags with the valet. I wish I had taken a photo of our room; it was roomy, sleek and modern but not cold or sterile.

FREE WALKING TOUR:

We had just enough time to hustle up to the room and change clothes (it was a gray, chilly day in Sydney with a chance of rain) before trying to make a FREE walking tour I had read about on the internet, which was scheduled to start at 10:30 am. We made it back down to the concierge desk around 10:15, expecting to have to take a cab, and were told we could walk to the tour meeting place at Town Hall in 10 or 15 minutes. So, I set aside my immediate desire for caffeine and we hoofed it up the street. As it turned out, the tour started about 15 minutes late so I could have had that much needed coffee after all.

The walking tour was a good way for us to start our first day in Sydney. It kept us moving when we otherwise might have been tempted to crash for a few hours, gave us a good overview of the city and, of course, the price could not be beat.

We have been on several free walking tours in various European cities and they were all excellent. I would not say that this was as great as the others, but it was still very good.

We also met some interesting people, including some on our cruise and one couple who was taking several segments of a Princess world cruise lasting for 3-1/2 months.

The tour lasted for about 3 hours and we got a nice map of the CBD and Manly (where we planned to go the next day). Part way through the tour we stopped at an office complex/train station with shops/restaurants/restrooms and I was finally able to get that caffeine I was craving.

Following are some of the photos from our tour:

13119351483_e58521fbcb.jpg

An alley café with overhead artwork:

13119115725_eacd1c1857.jpg

Il Porcellino statue:

13119402114_6f932baecd.jpg

St Mary's Cathedral:

13119404034_cdff4f88b8.jpg

Shopping Arcade:

13119166515_e9488edc04.jpg

13119356593_215d3ea2fe.jpg

Next up...Circular Quay/The Rocks

I'm really enjoying your review.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

For Asian cruises focusing on Japan, try looking at Princess cruises.. they have great 10 day Japan cruises this year originating and ending in Yokohama in Tokyo.

One IT goes to north Russia and Hokkaido, others explore south like Kyushu and onsens, and some goes to Taiwan and Japan.

This is for this year, not sure if they have the same IT for next year.

Thank you for the recommendation - I am going to look into that tomorrow. I had been hoping to take RCI since we are D+ now and like the perks, but I have been really underwhelmed by the itineraries so far and it has now been nearly 2 years since I have been waiting for one I liked.

I'm really enjoying your review.

I tried to edit but it was too late......I just realised we got off the Radiance the day you boarded her.

FREE WALKING TOUR, Cont.:

We spent a few minutes walking through The Rocks section and ended up just past the OPT at Circular Quay. Any tour with views of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, just has to be a good tour:

13231922493_0b47762973.jpg

It was really amazing how vibrant and busy Circular Quay was with foot traffic and public transportation, including ferries.

13232110014_d14c86b754.jpg

The Solstice was in port (the next day Navigator took her place):

13119217503_576efbc740.jpg

This was a great place to end our tour because The Rocks area had several restaurants to choose from for lunch.

We had a very good lunch at the Baroque café (http://baroquepantry.com/lunch-menu/) in The Rocks. The rain held off so we ate outdoors, of course:

13096915933_5945bc2999.jpg

13096793715_ff538551c5.jpg

13119216053_c81d833865.jpg

I wish I had some photos of our lunch, it was quite good. As you can see, we were so enjoying our time in Sydney we were more focused on drinks! The wine could have been a bit of a budget buster, but as it turned out we ended up not spending nearly as much in Sydney as we expected we would. The interior of the restaurant was also quite interesting and charming.

There were some outdoor sofas on the patio as well. It felt great just to sit outside and rest our feet for awhile before hitting the bricks again.

Souvenir Shopping in Sydney & Free Bus:

DH likes to dabble with watercolors in his spare time, so after lunch we decided to check out an art supply store several blocks away which had been recommended to him by our tour guide. It was called Parker's (http://parkersartsupplies.com/stores/parkers-sydney-fine-art-supplies-since-1918/) and was a cute shop with informative, helpful clerks. Although one of the clerks told us she was jealous of the supplies we can get in the U.S., DH was able to find a packet of deckle-edged watercolor postcard paper he had not seen before. During long, chilly days at sea he painted postcards for our daughters and his parents, which we mailed off in Picton. This is a small, very quick sample painting he did for himself of the Opera House:

13344403435_0c1e370a44.jpg

I had read about Paddy's Markets (http://www.paddysmarkets.com.au/locations.html) on Cruise Critic and decided I wanted to head there next to look for some souvenirs. So, we went over to the bus stops across the street from the Circular Quay train station and waited for the free bus - Number 555 - which runs up George Street to Central Station, with a stop near Paddy's Market on the way (http://www.sydneybuses.info/free-shuttles). I think we got on one of the last, if not the very last, free buses running the loop as it was already close to 3:30pm. After 4 or 5 stops, the bus was quite full so I was glad we got on at Circular Quay. This is really a great service and seemed to be utilized by locals even more than tourists.

Paddy's had quite a few stalls but after a while we started to see the same merchandise at the same price at multiple stalls. As others before have mentioned, the prices are quite good here and we were able to pick up 3 beach towels for $20, a small souvenir boomerang for our youngest daughter for $10 and a tea towel for $2:

13320749664_984d7fbe1f.jpg

Paddy's also had great prices on bottle openers - if you need one for your 2 bottles of wine, this is the place to get it; key chains for $1 and t-shirts for $7-8. Although there were a few places where we later saw some comparable prices, most shops were much higher priced or they had good prices on a few things but not all. In hindsight, we should have picked up some more things here.

We decided to walk from the market back to the hotel and were glad we did. We walked through Chinatown:

13119112205_1bfb03b0fe.jpg

And past some interesting buildings we had not seen on our walking tour, including the 3 Wise Monkeys pub on the corner of George St and Liverpool (http://www.3wisemonkeys.com.au/):

13119388154_030655e6ef.jpg

That evening we went to the Executive Lounge at the Marriott and enjoyed a very nice selection of hors d'oeuvres and adult beverages. In addition to wine, there were several types of hard liquor and mixers. We eventually toddled back to our room, read some newspapers we had picked up in the Lounge and called it a night, with plans to get up early the next day to go to Manly.

Free Wifi:

There are probably many places in Sydney which offer free wifi. However, one place we came across on our walking tour was the Customs House (http://www.sydneycustomshouse.com.au/index.html) close by the Circular Quay train station and bus stops.

Fast Ferry to Manly:

We literally ran for the ferry which was taking off as we got to the wharf at Circular Quay. Prior to our trip I had copied the ferry timetable (https://www.manlyfastferry.com.au/) but we lingered a few minutes more over breakfast than we should have and then spent a few minutes looking for the ticket counter - which ended up being a temporary table set up on the wharf itself. When we finally found it, the lady "manning" the table told us to RUN! as the ferry was leaving. They let us on the ferry without previously having purchased a ticket and we paid at the end of the trip. ($18 each/RT). Really nice, helpful people. The guy on the ferry who we paid at the end kept thanking us for telling them we didn't have a ticket and wished us good karma.

It was cooler than we would have liked but it wasn't raining so we opted to sit out on the top deck during the ride over, which took about 20 minutes. We really enjoyed the great scenery:

13096797805_6c819925e6.jpg

Notice the Voyager in the background:

13096800475_fa5f69c7e0.jpg

Fort Denison (http://fortdenison.com.au/the-fort/history-of-fort-denison/):

13097092584_9b2dc62a12.jpg

And the very nice docking area in Manly. In addition to restaurants and stores, the dock has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy an adult beverage while waiting for your ferry back to Sydney:

13096804765_f42fcd9ccb.jpg

When I first looked at the ferry schedules I was surprised to see so many more trips scheduled for the weekdays than the weekends. When there, we realized it was because so many people use the ferry to get back and forth to work. What a great way that would be to get to work (unfortunately, that is not an option here in landlocked Missouri).

Manly Information/Maps:

Prior to the trip I also printed out a map of Manly from this informative website: http://www.manlyaustralia.com.au/info/

More on the rest of our day, to come...

Manly:

There is a small beach just to the right of the ferry dock but we decided we wanted to go to the main beach so we walked the few blocks across the narrow strip of land from the dock to the beach. Since we were there early in the day we decided to take a walk to the other end (North) of the beach and figure out the best place to land for the day.

The Australian Open of Surfing was taking place on Manly Beach - I have never seen so many beautiful, fit people. There was a tent set up for merchandise, a stage for bands/presentations, etc. It was very interesting. However, after spending some time there we decided to head back to where we started because we had seen some loungers/umbrellas for sale there. On the way we stopped in a convenience store to pick up some diet cokes and bottled water.

Loungers were $15 for all day or $10 for 3 hours

Chairs were $10 for all day

Umbrellas were $15 for all day

The South end of the beach definitely had calmer water the day we were there. In fact, after we had been there a few hours, several notices were broadcast over a loudspeaker telling everyone on the North end to go to the South end due to dangerous conditions.

We did a little wading but the water was surprisingly COLD. We enjoyed lazing around (even though it was chillier than hoped), reading and people watching. A school group was there taking surf lessons and doing swim exercises.

In mid-afternoon we decided we were ready for lunch so we packed up our things and headed to a restaurant I had read about online - Fishmongers in Rialto Square (http://manly.mongers.com.au/). There was a large public restroom directly across the square. The food at Fishmongers was good but the restaurant is very, very small - really more of a takeout place or a sit outside place. We sat outside but afterwards thought we might have been better off heading to the 4 Pines pub across from the ferry dock and eating inside (http://www.4pinesbeer.com.au/sip-n-chew).

After lunch we walked the half block to the Corso pedestrian street and went in a few shops. I found a cute tee-shirt on sale for $10.

When we went back to the ferry terminal, we stopped at Gelatissimo Gelato (http://www.gelatissimo.com.au/products/artisan-gelato/) and tried the coconut ice cream. It was quite good - just a notch or two below Leopold's in Savannah. ;)

We just had time before the ferry arrived to have a quick drink at the patio on the pier. They had a few different types of beer to choose from and mixed drinks as well.

A Microsoft update was automatically added to my computer when I logged out last and now I'm having issues with posting photos from Flickr. :( I'm going to log off now and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Flickr has actually changed its system but I think I MAY have it figured out.

Manly Beach looking towards surf competition set-up:

">13231807225_1d7b353ee1.jpg

Tee Shirt from Souvenir Shop on Corso Pedestrian Mall:

">13329801505_5f556124d9.jpg

Sorry the pictures didn't work for me.

Sorry the pictures didn't work for me.

Thanks for letting me know! I can see the photos but that might just be because I'm on my computer and have access rights to all my photos. I just started using Flickr a few weeks ago and now the user site has been siginificantly changed. I'll obviously have to do some more testing and then checking on a separate computer.

Edited by kccrzr

Thanks for letting me know! I can see the photos but that might just be because I'm on my computer and have access rights to all my photos. I just started using Flickr a few weeks ago and now the user site has been siginificantly changed. I'll obviously have to do some more testing and then checking on a separate computer.

I probably should have added that I'm using my phone..... The other pictures all show up perfectly though.