LauraS

How to Display (Embed) Your YouTube Video in Your Post

We just added a new function that will allow you to embed your video into your posts on the forum.

To do this, create your post by clicking on the New Thread button (or Post Reply), as you always do.

In the MESSAGE area, post the VIDEO number of your YouTube video only. That's the number that appears after v= (see it here bolded in red: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dj3psed_k) like this:

47dj3psed_k

HIGHLIGHT the movie number.

Then, on the post editor toolbar look for the YouTube icon; it looks like this: yt-brand-downloads-icon-for-web.png and click on it. Press SUBMIT NEW THREAD

[YOUTUBE]47dj3psed_k[/YOUTUBE]

Done!

Laura

No luck posting youtube videos.

Where is the youtube icon? WHen I put the youtube code in, I don't see icon. Help!

Vimeo would be nice as well if possible?

Just wanted to do a friendly follow up for some Vimeo love! :D

I "almost" got it to work. When I am initially making a post and click the Insert Link button I just paste in all of the embed code from Vimeo. The video will then show up right in here and be playable! Yeah, a good start!

However, as soon as you hit Submit or Preview for your post it is completely blank. Boo :(

Any updates if Vimeo embedding is in the works or has anyone figured out how to do it yet???

Thanks!

Testing Vimeo embed. see my Vimeo question below.

Edited by FRMPEI

I am attempting to download videos from iPhone or Android Tablet to my You Tube channel and I keep getting an error message...

it was working up until a couple of week ago now it keeps saying sorry can't upload try again later...

Any one know what that's about?

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/r3o_Usun5QE

Just a short video I took of our cabin (U88) in January 2017 (grand suite). I should have left the video making to the professionals ! LOL The fan hanging from the ceiling is mine. I took a 10 inch box fan and used superglue to attach extra strong magnets from my local hardware store. It works great and stays in place. Hope my video helps anyone wanting to see this cabin before booking.

Was there ever a resolution for this? I'm getting the same problem "blank" post even with a YouTube video code.

Lisa N.

ok Can some one please show (using a youtube video may help) how video can be embedded into a long post!

I cannot find a 'v' number and anything I do leads to an error.

Below a video from Youtube and one from Vimeo.

from the video select ‘share’ and copy the link - just paste the ‘share link’ direct into the text area of the editor and ‘return’ - then the video will be embedded.

This works great for YouTube, but when I try this with a video from Facebook, I get the link copied

But it is not embedded.  I get this message:The link could not be embedded because there is no video at that URL.

And if I try "Insert Other Media"-"Insert Media from URL", the when I click :Insert Into Post", the field turns amber and nothing happens.