Go back in time

Eaglemad

If you could go back in time, and relive a past Princess Cruise, what would you change or do again?

And just imagine when you come back from the past, you would COME BACK NEW (sorry couldn't resist) :D

If you could go back in time, and relive a past Princess Cruise, what would you change or do again?

And just imagine when you come back from the past, you would COME BACK NEW (sorry couldn't resist) :D

I would love to do my Baltic cruise on Grand Princess again and I wish the weather had cooperated and we hadn't missed our stop in Germany.

Heck if we could really "Come Back New", just think of the trouble we could get away with without our bodies paying for it over the next months ...

Edited by beg3yrs

Royal Princess (original) in 2005 from Manaus to Rome, a 3-continent cruise and the last Royal Princess cruise before she was repositioned to Southampton and P&O. Two days in Manaus, sailed down the Amazon to Recife, across the Atlantic to Dakar, up to Agadir, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Valencia, Barcelona, and then to Rome. A three week amazing cruise.

I have to choose?:eek: Panama, Transatlantic, Mexico...well, I guess it would be the Alaskan Connoisseur on the Pacific Princess (2009?) So much wonderful wildlife, Glacier Bay and Kodiak.

Edited by shredie

Our very first cruise which was on the Sea Princess.....all the planning, excitement as to what was coming, pulling up to port and seeing this beautiful vessel, embarking and being totally blown away by the Atrium, seeing our cabin for the first time, going out to the balcony.......guess just the new adventure we were on. Needless to say, that hooked us on cruising and never looked back:):)

Our very first cruise which was on the Sea Princess.....all the planning, excitement as to what was coming, pulling up to port and seeing this beautiful vessel, embarking and being totally blown away by the Atrium, seeing our cabin for the first time, going out to the balcony.......guess just the new adventure we were on. Needless to say, that hooked us on cruising and never looked back:):)

The first cruise is always the most special one. :)

After 27 cruises and a bunch of trips to Europe, the excitement leading

Up to a big trip is not really there anymore. It's like. "Oh yeah, I'm

Going on a two week transatlantic to England, I have to remember to

Pack"

Pack"

We're on cruise#30 with 2 more booked and still experience the excitement...it may not be as intense as the first one, but it's still exciting....at least for us:)

I would love to be transported back to the previous Regal Princess in the 90s--and bring back with me:

A 1600 passenger ship--considered above-average sized back then;

Three fixed seating meals every day--with food and service far better than in today's pay restaurants;

Fewer bells and whistles on board--so people would head to the bars and lounges before and after dinner and actually socialize, not search for a table for two to silently hover over their drinks at;

A large staff of beverage servers in all venues and at poolside--yes I know some complain that they are pushy, but having one hovering sure beats having to search for one;

Main show lounge with big overstuffed chairs and little tables for your drinks, and a dedicated movie theatre with clear picture and sound, rain or shine;

Three evening dress codes (formal, semi-formal, casual) and everyone proud to participate--kindly allow me this piece of nostalgia without flaming, please;

No internet, no cell towers--there should be no job on earth where the boss cannot live without you for 7 or 10 days. And I can certainly live without status updates or tweets from the dog walker/plant waterer.

So if would be great if we could all jump into the wayback machine and revisit Princess when it was considered a Premium cruise line--and undo all the expansion and modernization that somehow turned Princess into a Mainstream line.

I think our Hawaii cruise last year.

Why? It was the worst one of our 8 total. I would change so many things so that we could have enjoyed it more. There was nothing we could do to change things as they happened and yes, we had a good cruise but. .

1. I was sick for days 2-3 with a cold.

2. Someone stole my phone.

3. Weather was cold, windy and the ride very rocky - there and back.

4. Our snorkeling tour on one island was scrubbed because of the high waves and windy weather.

5. The electricity went out during our stop in Maui. No food could be purchased, no trinkets bought because they workers in the shop didn't know how to do transactions without it! (A sign of our times?)

6. Husbands credit card was denied at one shop as our college age daughter, who has a copy of his card for emergencies, had used it to purchase gas for her car back home. How could he be in two places so far apart at the same time? Took him an hour on the phone to unfreeze the card! Mine still worked.

7. Husband got the cold on the way back. Because of the cold weather, it had spread through the ship into a monster of a cold. He ended up seeing the doctor and getting IV's the night before we got back to LA.

8. Because of the weather, the captain slowed down the ship so we got into Ensenada late, after dark and dinner. So, no getting off the ship, no excursions.

9. Arrival back in LA - the temp was 34 degrees! We went during the winter so we could get warm. We could get that kind of weather at home!

We would love to go again, with everything going right next time! We laughed as each thing happened. There was nothing that could have stopped things from happening. it was a comedy of errors!

We want a redo - take over- whatever. I'm sure you will see us try it again! Some day!

Wishing I could re-do my September 2013 Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to New York/Brooklyn. Started fine the first 2 days, then WHAM!!! Storms appeared in the north Atlantic and to the south coming from Africa. We missed all our main ports, Belfast, Greenland, Iceland and sat in unscheduled Cobh Ireland for 2 days, then 1 week crossing, with Saint John, NB Canada added in before arrival in Brooklyn. I realize that Captain Nash's intent was focused on keeping us safe and pleasant on the ship. But it was really a blah experience. I spent a lot of money for to be terribly disappointed. I won't be attempting it again for fear the same thing is likely to happen. I think even Princess has stopped this itinerary because of this. :(

I'm torn between the first cruise I ever took - on the Regal back in the 90s - to the Panama Canal. I'd love to do that one again with the cruising experience that I have now. The service was just so much better back then and there were so many more perks included.

My other choice would be to redo my 14 day Hawaii cruise on the Golden in 2008. This was SO much fun! We had the best room (aft balcony C752), the best wait staff - as well as a great group of people from CC. There was so much to do - and nothing to do on the sea days. Great weather, great people, great service, great food ....

2002 - Regal Princess, 48 days (49 with the international dateline) from Bangkok to San Francisco. Started with three days in Bangkok at the Shangri-La (upgraded to a suite with river view... nice). Embarked at Laem Chabang and The ports were:

- Kuantan, Malaysia

- Singapore

- Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam

- Nha Trang, Vietnam

- Hong Kong, S.A.R., China

- Shanghai, China

- Busan, South Korea

- Nagasaki, Japan

- Yokohama, Japan (overnight)

- Hiroshima, Japan

- Naha, Okinawa, Japan

- Iwo Jima, Japan (cruising)

- Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands

- Hagatna, Guam, U.S. Trust Territory

- Rabaul, Papua New Guinea

- Honiara, Solomon Islands (cruising)

- Majuro, Marshall Islands

- Honolulu, Hawaii

- Lahaina, Hawaii

- Kona, Hawaii

- Hilo, Hawaii

... San Francisco

Except for a bit of a storm between Okinawa and Iwo Jima, most of the 'crossing' was flat calm. What a cruise!

Edited by Bill B

Our Orient cruise on the Sky Princess...we were the first Princess ship to go to Beijing...they had a state dinner for us in the Great Hall. 1200 Passengers were bused to 5 hotels in Beijing for 2 nights...saw Japan, Korea, China, Singapore, and Hong Kong...wonderful cruise on a great ship.

Pack"

I can't decide whether to be envious of you or sad for you. I'd redo Hawaii, Alaska, CA Coastal, and the Panama Canal exactly the same way.